a plea from those of us in America

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

theodoric

this is a plea for help from those of us in America

because of the completely retarded new anti-piracy laws here :@ ... most of the file-sharing sites have either been shut down, or have blocked out any service to America

of the few that we can still connect with ... they have throttled their bit rates down so low that it takes 4-6 hours or MORE to download a single episode of anime ... and your chances of getting the complete file are next to zero before something interrupts the download

so the vast majority of file links in here are completely useless to all of us here in America

please put your files onto a bit-torrent ... those are still working good for us Americans

almost all anime have torrent up. all asl release has torrent + xdcc + filehost links. there should be no problem?

Umm...I don't have a problem with any of the links posted.

My download times for 90% of the anime links take anywhere from 20-35 minutes @ 320kbs. It's just File Factory that has a problem. The other file hosts save Rapid Gator (They are closing), work just fine.

Torrents for anime links are not a very good idea, due to there always being a lack of seeders for so said files. An anime torrent would start of great, but the number of seeders would most likely drop severely within the first week. After that, people would just be asking for new torrents with the same seeders. C'mon, no one leaves their computer on 24/7 with a 1/3 of their bandwidth on just to seed a file, they want to have full speed for direct downloads instead.

I hope this is understandable.

Last edited:
almost all anime have torrent up. all asl release has torrent + xdcc + filehost links. there should be no problem?

asl release ? ... what is that ? ... I am not familiar with that term

Last edited:
Dunno what asl is either, but most sub groups have besides a download link also a torrent for the file, what I'm most sad about is the old anime which I found here on the forum, which torrent files died long ago, now also are dead.. Hope they will be reuploaded soon

ASL = Anime-Sharing Lossless. They're the group associated with this forum that does (lossless) music releases. They also have a giant pink button at the top of this page. If you look at kactaplb, he's got an "ASL Staff" tag instead of "Member."

Yup and rarely, if you look at my tag you'll see I have a purple ASF tag instead of member! :P

And if you look at my tag youll see that i just spam king an ordinary member :p I dont really experience much problems (not that i download much)

It's probably more of ISP problem rather than regional.
I'd check if your ISP is throttling your downloads and switch if needed.

Or, use a VPN and tunnel using an IP from a different country.

I could also recommend a few sites with some good seeders but I can't post here because it would be considered as advertising. XD

ASL = Anime-Sharing Lossless. They're the group associated with this forum that does (lossless) music releases. They also have a giant pink button at the top of this page. If you look at kactaplb, he's got an "ASL Staff" tag instead of "Member."

Yea lol didn't think of that.

Umm...I don't have a problem with any of the links posted.

My download times for 90% of the anime links take anywhere from 20-35 minutes @ 320kbs. It's just File Factory that has a problem. The other file hosts save Rapid Gator (They are closing), work just fine.

Torrents for anime links are not a very good idea, due to there always being a lack of seeders for so said files. An anime torrent would start of great, but the number of seeders would most likely drop severely within the first week. After that, people would just be asking for new torrents with the same seeders. C'mon, no one leaves their computer on 24/7 with a 1/3 of their bandwidth on just to seed a file, they want to have full speed for direct downloads instead.

I hope this is understandable.

this is the quote I tried to answer yesterday ... but after trying to correct what showed up as a double post, and having it delete the post I made in reply to this I decided to call it a day

yeah FileFactory is a waste of time ... so is DepositFiles ... from both I have been getting download speeds of 20kbs/sec or slower ... if the download ever even starts, which it sometimes doesnt
I have spent 3 days trying to download just one file from either FileFactory or DepositFiles with no luck at all

there ARE other alternatives to FF and DF ... that are still working very nicely for us Americans ... I wont post their names openly in here because I have no doubt that there are "law enforcement" lurkers in here looking for just such info

it will be a shame if RapidGator goes away, because that is one of the few that I have still gotten decent download speeds from

I dont know ... maybe it is just that I am trying to get Another in 720p format from commie ... for the later ep's he seems to have just used FileFactory and DepositFiles
commie's stuff is the best quality video I have found for that series ... I have been getting it from Underwater by torrent, but his stuff is badly pixelated or messed up color for most of the ep :o_O:

yeah, the number of seeders for a torrent usually falls off quickly after the first week to 10 days unless it is a very popular series ... but for the fans of that series it is normally more than enough time to get it at high speeds, 1mbs/sec or higher ... and for older series there are a few sites that can be used now that MegaUpload is gone

ahhhh ok ... I am so used to seeing banners for "this and that" at the top of all the forums I have been a member of over the years ... usually, but not always, a banner for a spam site ... that I normally ignore all of them in any group I am in

I'll have to give them a look

It's probably more of ISP problem rather than regional.
I'd check if your ISP is throttling your downloads and switch if needed.

that isnt the problem ... when I have been pulling from torrents I have had my speeds sometimes go as high as 5mbs/sec, and a few times higher :D ... "normal" download speeds for me from torrents is 500kbs/sec-1500kbs/sec ... so my link is not the problem

Or, use a VPN and tunnel using an IP from a different country.

I could also recommend a few sites with some good seeders but I can't post here because it would be considered as advertising. XD
hmmm ... I've never heard of VPN ... what is it ? ... you can send me a PM if you want to tell me about it

Last edited:
I rember there was this one site would not let me download bcause I'm Amercian
SOPA another reason I wish I was Japanese

what kind of anime were you looking exactly? since im downloading most of my item from torrent. so, unless what you're looking is a very rare thingy, i think you could find most of it through torrent sites

Proxies and VPN are the only way to go, the US is done for as far as sharing sites go.

Japan's censorship is WORSE. And they love ACTA.

sort of ...

yes their annoying habit of pixelating and/or black striping is a bit retarded ... what most dont seem to realize is that came about because of an AMERICAN ... Gen. Douglas MacArthur ... who made very sure to force his Victorian period morals down the throats of the Japanese people in the years immediately after WW2 ... prior to that the Japanese did not censor their art and stories like they do now

and that seems to be just the stuff that is published commercially in Japan ... LOTS of their stuff is not censored :D

the other thing to keep in mind ... is that even though what is openly "shown" may be censored ... what they use in stories is not ... which is why so much of their manga and anime is not, and will never be commercially available here in America, or in Canada which is even more repressive ... (Kodomo no Jikan being a prime example)
manga and anime frequently contain subjects and topics that American and Canadian story tellers wont touch, or if they would they quickly find out that they are shut down immediately because those subjects and topics are "forbidden" by their retarded governments

I dont know what ACTA is

yes me too, no more nurses and waitresess in pants

LOL ... ya have to love a country that has a mecca like Akihabara :D:D:D:D

I DO want make a pilgrimage to one of the "maid cafe's" and be called oniichan :D;)

what kind of anime were you looking exactly? since im downloading most of my item from torrent. so, unless what you're looking is a very rare thingy, i think you could find most of it through torrent sites

right now the only current series I am collecting is Another ... most of what I am trying to get is better quality copies of older animes ... I just did get a complete set of Video Girl Ai, I used to have the anime but lost it, and I had already found the live action movie that was done of it and the manga

so yeah, torrents is the way I get that vast majority of my anime ... though for a lot of the older series the number of seeders can be low :(

Proxies and VPN are the only way to go, the US is done for as far as sharing sites go.

I havent tried any proxies or VPN yet ... mainly because torrents are so worthwhile

and absolutely ... the US is a lost cause as far as the file sharing sites ... over the past few days I have used DepositFiles ... to get a few small manga files ... the download speed for them normally stays below 25kbs/sec ... which for a manga file isnt too time consuming ........ forget any file larger than about 7-10Mb

sort of ...

yes their annoying habit of pixelating and/or black striping is a bit retarded ... what most dont seem to realize is that came about because of an AMERICAN ... Gen. Douglas MacArthur ... who made very sure to force his Victorian period morals down the throats of the Japanese people in the years immediately after WW2 ... prior to that the Japanese did not censor their art and stories like they do now

and that seems to be just the stuff that is published commercially in Japan ... LOTS of their stuff is not censored :D

the other thing to keep in mind ... is that even though what is openly "shown" may be censored ... what they use in stories is not ... which is why so much of their manga and anime is not, and will never be commercially available here in America, or in Canada which is even more repressive ... (Kodomo no Jikan being a prime example)
manga and anime frequently contain subjects and topics that American and Canadian story tellers wont touch, or if they would they quickly find out that they are shut down immediately because those subjects and topics are "forbidden" by their retarded governments

That's not what I meant.
I'm talking about the censorship of free speech and expression, much like what America tried to do with SOPA. You are not going to find things much different in Japan as everyday, they are trying to crack down on file sharing and piracy.

I dont know what ACTA is

I suggest you read it up on internet, and keep in mind that it was co-established by America AND Japan.

Also it's good to bear in mind that in Japan you will be, well, alien.) And for a very very long time if not forever. And even for japanese there are many drawbacks and restrictions (some in general, some is from non-japanese's point of view). Japan is no more of land flowing with milk and honey than any other country and very little resemble what is described in most manga and anime. And yeah, they have "Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement" (ACTA) and going in "Trans-Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership Agreement" (TPP) direction.(

That's not what I meant.
I'm talking about the censorship of free speech and expression, much like what America tried to do with SOPA.
You are not going to find things much different in Japan as everyday, they are trying to crack down on file sharing and piracy.
ok ... you can not compare apples and oranges ... and that is what you are trying to do

back when I was in school (admittedly that was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago) ... censorship referred to things like free speech and expression

it did not refer to stopping bootlegging copies of music (which was very common back in the days of 8-track tapes)

govt attempts to prevent illegal copying of music/video/printed material, etc is not censorship

I suggest you read it up on internet, and keep in mind that it was co-established by America AND Japan.
once what the acronym meant was explained ... I understand what it is

and from what feedback I have seen from mangaka, and anime producers ... they dont seem to mind if it is a series that is not going to be brought over here to America anyway

the impression I have gotten over the years is that they appreciate their work being enjoyed outside of Japan if fan-subbing is the only way it can get out of Japan

I can also very easliy understand their anger and frustration when their stories get "Americanized" by idiotic "licensing" companies ... pictures get redrawn, and dialog gets completely re-written in order to make it more "acceptable" to the America public ... or at least that is the moronic reason the licensing companies hand out :(

Also it's good to bear in mind that in Japan you will be, well, alien.) And for a very very long time if not forever. And even for japanese there are many drawbacks and restrictions (some in general, some is from non-japanese's point of view). Japan is no more of land flowing with milk and honey than any other country and very little resemble what is described in most manga and anime. And yeah, they have "Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement" (ACTA) and going in "Trans-Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership Agreement" (TPP) direction.(

absolutely ... if I ever do get to live their, I will always be considered a gaijin ... just as I was considered a "foreigner' when I was living in Germany

and I fully agree with your comments about Japan not being like what we see on anime or in manga ... Japan would not be worth much as a country if it was

over the years I have been to something like 42 different countries ... and I have seen parts of some of those countries that regular tourists never get to see ... I have seen a lot of "reality", and most of it is not very pretty, which is why the tourist industry makes sure that the general public never finds out about that "reality"

You think YOUR internet is bad?

Hahaha.

....orz

the problem is not our internet ... that works quite well

our current problem is with the new law "SOPA" and what is being done with it

what I wish someone could do ... is find a way to open a dialog with the Japanese mangaka and anime producers and try to explain to them that they would make a LOT more money if it was easier for people outside of Japan to be able to even GET the manga and anime they produce

I think that if they could be gotten to understand that their going through "licensing companies" is just shooting themselves in the foot

there are more than enough bi-lingual Japanese that could do correct translations of their anime and manga ... so that we would not have to wait for lame "dubbed" versions of animes to be made, sometimes a year or more later after the series came out in Japan ... and we would not have to get butchered versions of manga either

for the anime all they would have to do is sub-title it and convert it over to the appropriate format for the region it is going to

there are already at least two companies that could handle the distribution of anime and manga ... JList and White Rabbit Press ... and those are just what I personally know ... there are probably more

if it was easier for those of us otaku outside Japan to even GET most of the anime and manga that is produced ... there would be less need for SOPA and ACTA and any other laws like them

Last edited:
ok ... you can not compare apples and oranges ... and that is what you are trying to do

back when I was in school (admittedly that was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago) ... censorship referred to things like free speech and expression

it did not refer to stopping bootlegging copies of music (which was very common back in the days of 8-track tapes)

govt attempts to prevent illegal copying of music/video/printed material, etc is not censorship

I don't think you understand that ACTA is not only meant to prevent media piracy. It's only a small part of it.
It's meant to give ISPs the power to strip your online privacy and have them police your activity 24/7, thereby effectively censoring you out undemocratically. The people that will hold this power will NOT even be your government. It will be the same corporations and industries that would have benefited from SOPA if it was passed.

Much like music, manga artists and anime studios do not have the say in legality of fansubs. Licensing companies only deal with the share holders, who usually have no interest in what consumers of foreign market want. They sell the rights to licensing companies to dub their media to reek in large sum of profit which is why dubs will always be more prominent than subs. Only thing they can't do right now is punish law breakers outside the country, which will be solved with the passing of ACTA. These are the kind of people that Japan wants to ultimately give your online house keys to.

You see, when it comes to censorship in Japan and anti-piracy laws, it's not comparing apples and oranges. It IS apples and oranges in one box.

I don't think you understand that ACTA is not only meant to prevent media piracy. It's only a small part of it.
It's meant to give ISPs the power to strip your online privacy and have them police your activity 24/7, thereby effectively censoring you out undemocratically. The people that will hold this power will NOT even be your government. It will be the same corporations and industries that would have benefited from SOPA if it was passed.

Much like music, manga artists and anime studios do not have the say in legality of fansubs. Licensing companies only deal with the share holders, who usually have no interest in what consumers of foreign market want. They sell the rights to licensing companies to dub their media to reek in large sum of profit which is why dubs will always be more prominent than subs. Only thing they can't do right now is punish law breakers outside the country, which will be solved with the passing of ACTA. These are the kind of people that Japan wants to ultimately give your online house keys to.

You see, when it comes to censorship in Japan and anti-piracy laws, it's not comparing apples and oranges. It IS apples and oranges in one box.
that battle has been going on since the internet first became public ... yes I am old enough to remember when there was NO internet ... back in those "dark ages" all there was, was bulletin boards that you had to access using 300 baud, then later 1200 baud modems to download the most recent updates, type your response, then upload your replies ... it took FOREVER to get anything accomplished

the entire issue about online privacy has been a running battle from the very beginning of the internet ... with the big ISP companies wanting complete unrestricted access to your information ... to exploit it for their benefit by selling data to other businesses
that whole battle slowly morphed into the current battle between the hackers phishing for your personal information so they can either rip you off themselves, or just selling your personal data to businesses all too willing to purchase illegally gotten information so they can use it to target you with their own ads, scams, and blatant ripoffs

that is why most of the filesharing sites are so vulnerable ... because they have an easily traceable url which allows legal pressure to be brought against them

if anyone wants to avoid, as best as possible, being an easy target for info phishing by anyone, all you need to do is use some intelligence in how and where you do things online ... and use "good" security software ... and that means avoiding the big name commercial stuff like McAffee, Norton, Microsoft Security Essentials, etc ... who do you think HAS to cooperate with govt's because if they dont the govt will shut them down.............

well ... then like the current crop of musicians (like the whiney little bitch Lars Ulrich) who dont have sense enough to appreciate it that people are willing to listen to listen to their lame music if they can get it for free ... and are only too happy to hand the lion's share of the profit from their work to other people ... they have no room to bitch when their stuff gets posted on the internet for free

as I said above ... if the Japanese mangaka and anime producers would make it easier for their fans outside of Japan to actually GET the manga and anime they produce ... not only would they (the mangaka and anime producers) make more money, but there would be less need for laws like ACTA and SOPA

the "Prohibition" laws were a joke that cost legitimate businesses more money than the laws were worth ... they did not stop the problems of alcoholism ... and they never did stop the illegal production of alcohol

it will probably take a few years at least ... but in time the govt's will come to realize that laws like ACTA and SOPA are effectively useless because they will never do what the law was intended to ... and they cost HUGE amounts of money to chase down and prosecute those who get caught

once that point is reached ... they will stop bothering to enforce them except against those who are stupid enough to do it blatantly, who also happen to be living in places where the local govt will cooperate with the American govt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

umi131 wrote on Shine's profile.
リクエスト
これのアートCGをお願いします。
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01166080.html/?locale=pt_BR
dragonhearts wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Thank you for uploading the previous request. I am collecting the works of サークル 4's Circle. This and This All links are dead. If you have any data, can I ask you to re-upload it?
a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
If you don't have a file, can you let me know?