Need some assistance with identifying a few things~

Crim7AmbiencE

Aug 2, 2017
Hey guys,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this thread...but I will have a go at it.

I am collaborating with my friend at Uni for an animation project, and while doing a few things couple days ago, I stumbled across this studio I saw on DLsite.
They were called A THIRD DIMENSION (ATD), and they do adult animations which is not the topic of my thread today.

I was wondering if anyone know what modelling software they use or utilise for their models? I am mainly interested in their method of hair(s), the fluidity and the way it moves (physics).
I am not really interested in the body they have for their animations but mainly the hair(s) for their models, unless someone knows how to do/make those kind of hair/hairstyles with the same hair physics in blender. I am still learning modelling on my own and would appreciate any help in regards to this.
Do let me know.

Thanks a lot!~

P.S. If this is not the site to ask these sort of things, do tell me where I can ask for info regarding the content I have mentioned above. :D

I have gone through video game school, where 3D was my major topic of study. I used Autodesk Maya, and I'm quite familiar with the world of 3D, despite my rusted skills due to lack of use nowadays.

However, answering your question, I could not find anything that would have comfirmed the software they use. I did get familiarized to couple of their products, and saw that everything they did with the characters' hair, can be achieved with any standard 3D prgram, including Blender. However, if you have access to maya (can afford it), I highly recommend it over Blender, for it shines best in hair physics when compared to the rest of the competing programs on the current market. On top of that it is visually stunning work space with easy to manage and read interface. Obviously there are many more reasons to get it, but I don't want to turn this into a sell-pitch.

If you are beginner and wish to advance your studies in excelerated rate, I recommend you Pluralsight to study either blender or Maya. It is monthly subscription based site, but compared to studying from Youtube or other free sites, the cost will be worth all the penny they ask you. The videos are high quality and go straight to the point, and you can learn great amount within few weeks that normally could take you months.

If you have further questions about 3D or anything else, don't be afraid to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

mozzamezo wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please re upload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01177568.html/?locale=en_US

Thanks in Advance
coolguy12346789 wrote on Shine's profile.
Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, can you update this? New version fix the character skin chage bug. This bug will cause you can't interactive with anything.
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ315563 RJ327273 RJ367842 links were dead, please could you reupload these?
TasogareHentai wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry for disturb, but can you please reupload this game? Thanks in advance.