Is MEGA shunned by uploaders? Why does no one seem to use it?

Irastris

Apr 28, 2015
Title basically says all.

For those that don't know, MEGA is an awesome upload site with 50GBs of free storage.
My question is, why do I never see uploaders use it? They seem to always use premium-based websites like RapidGator or Uploaded.

For those that don't know, MEGA is an awesome upload site with 50GBs of free storage.
My question is, why do I never see uploaders use it? They seem to always use premium-based websites like RapidGator or Uploaded.

Because RG and UL spend a lot of money to the websites in ADS (and that's not bad at all, it's only financial strategy) to try that users who visit their websites buy premium accounts of RG and UL and MEGA don't do that (as far as I know) LOL.

About that you say "why do I never see uploaders use it?" I know a lot of websites that use MEGA

About that you say "why do I never see uploaders use it?" I know a lot of websites that use MEGA

When I say uploaders, I mean people on here, like in the Hentai CG section.

Also, do you mind me asking where the original image in your signature is from?

I have over 20TB of material. Using MEGA is just not feasible, neither logistically nor financially.

When I say uploaders, I mean people on here, like in the Hentai CG section.

Also, do you mind me asking where the original image in your signature is from?

Ohhhh! Ahahaha :P Yeah, the uploaders of AS doesn't use MEGA but use Uploadable is not good as MEGA but it's pretty good, download at a good speed and wait times are not too long. (For Free User Of Course)

About the original image of my sig you'll find it on DeviantArt with one of my fav artists from DeviantArt, his name is 3DXArt.

Here, the link to his Gallery http://3dxart.deviantart.com/

[WARNING!] For +18 Only ;)

I have over 20TB of material. Using MEGA is just not feasible, neither logistically nor financially.

You're right, €8,33 per month...20 TB of cloud storage!? O_O DAMN! Ahahaha!

Last edited:
Because RG and UL spend a lot of money to the websites in ADS (and that's not bad at all, it's only financial strategy) to try that users who visit their websites buy premium accounts of RG and UL and MEGA don't do that (as far as I know) LOL.
Probably not directly related, but just for the record, we have no affiliation with any file-hosting service that would make us encourage the use of a certain host or discourage the use of another. We take a laissez-faire approach and leave it to the uploaders to use whichever services they prefer. We would only discourage certain services for reasons such as malware infestation. (We do have an exemplary list of services we disallow, but as of now, we do not explicitly prohibit any file-hosting service.)

Probably not directly related, but just for the record, we have no affiliation with any file-hosting service that would make us encourage the use of a certain host or discourage the use of another. We take a laissez-faire approach and leave it to the uploaders to use whichever services they prefer. We would only discourage certain services for reasons such as malware infestation. (We do have an exemplary list of services we disallow, but as of now, we do not explicitly prohibit any file-hosting service.)

Yeah, I know that, dude :) Shortly...The uploader decides which server to use.

PS: Uploaders, please choose :torrent:! :chuuni_kira::chuuni_yay:

When I started with fansubs with my friend, we even asked the people which filehoster we should use and which one our "viewers" want to download from. In the end nearly 5k voted.

Result? Most of them voted for uploaded (little more than 30%). Even Mediafire und Zippyshare had more votes than MEGA, which means something.

And even if most of them would have voted for MEGA, we would have most likely changed to the filehoster with the second most votes.
First, 50 GB's is not much for an uploader. Second, we had to upload each file at least two times, since on the first try we would get an error at 99%. Third, in my case, I have an high chance that my own download doesn't even work. The download starts, 45% ... 37% ... 46% ... 36% ... and I haven't found a solution for this so far.

Besides I think many download don't really care about it being a premium-based website or not. If you're a downloader who downloads movies, music, games etc. very often, I would even recommend using a site where you only pay once and you can download from many filehosters as a premium user. Not everything is available via torrent the first links you'll most likely find the first if you're looking for something are such premium-based filehoster, so before you search a long time for an MEGA account e.g. it's better to buy an account.

When I started with fansubs with my friend, we even asked the people which filehoster we should use and which one our "viewers" want to download from. In the end nearly 5k voted.

Result? Most of them voted for uploaded (little more than 30%). Even Mediafire und Zippyshare had more votes than MEGA, which means something.

And even if most of them would have voted for MEGA, we would have most likely changed to the filehoster with the second most votes.
First, 50 GB's is not much for an uploader. Second, we had to upload each file at least two times, since on the first try we would get an error at 99%. Third, in my case, I have an high chance that my own download doesn't even work. The download starts, 45% ... 37% ... 46% ... 36% ... and I haven't found a solution for this so far.

Besides I think many download don't really care about it being a premium-based website or not. If you're a downloader who downloads movies, music, games etc. very often, I would even recommend using a site where you only pay once and you can download from many filehosters as a premium user. Not everything is available via torrent the first links you'll most likely find the first if you're looking for something are such premium-based filehoster, so before you search a long time for an MEGA account e.g. it's better to buy an account.

Sorry for necroing a thread, but have you thought about using MegaSync? It's Mega's desktop app. Makes it easier to upload stuff and unless there's a big issue or something weird, the upload will go through.

Well most uploaders dont use mega by one reason and is that they cant make money with mega,not trying to offend to anyone is the truth.
With uploaded you win money by each download of your link so think about 5000 downloads and they got 500 dollars,with rapidgator is the same,with mega they dont get a penny.
Mega benefits higher upload speeds,higher download speeds almost no ads,no popup ads and you can import the file to your account and if they delete the download you have a copy on your account,you can upload entire folders,cons you cant use names of games like rj16033 or the japanese game they wont allow upload but you bypass this changing the zip file name,it have his manager on browser so there is no need for a download manager
Uploaded lots of ads,popups ads,waiting times betwen downloads of 3 hours,slow downloads (yes you get the 12% of your total speed) no imports,pros you can make money,dont allow the use of download manager
Zippyshare few ads good upload speed,good download speed (is not the same as mega but is higher then uploaded or rapidgator) anonymous uploads but as an almost free cloud service uploaders cant make money,it allow upload manager.
Rapidgator the same as uploaded.
As you see is only because they can make money with those upload sites that they use it is not because all users choose that

Well most uploaders dont use mega by one reason and is that they cant make money with mega,not trying to offend to anyone is the truth.
This is most likely true, but as an user of uploaded myself I have to defend myself, hehe. With my uploads I'm only making around 1-2€ per month. The times I did fansubs with my friend, we made around 20-40€ per month, although we later offered Mega links as well.
In my case I'm avoiding Mega even as a downloader. Megaupload was much better.
In the end it simply depends on what you're uploading, if you say it's because of the money ;D

I don't use Mega and I'll probably never use mega mostly because of the limited storage and because I find it annoying to use in general. I only upload to ul.to for the handful of users that really want to use DDL links and for keeping the tradition alive. Money is not an issue since I don't earn a cent either way since the vast majority of leechers download ASL releases via torrent or XDCC, which offers high speeds and almost every album ever released by us. So it's simply not worth using from my perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

breslan wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this game?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/010928-eelcom-detection.992689/
Thanks in advance.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry Ryzen, this one got updated too recently
ルルカと大魔導士のエロトラップダンジョン to v24.04.25
uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?