Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Is MEGA shunned by uploaders? Why does no one seem to use it?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Points: 832, Level: 15
    Points: 832, Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Question Is MEGA shunned by uploaders? Why does no one seem to use it?

    Title basically says all.

    For those that don't know, MEGA is an awesome upload site with 50GBs of free storage.
    My question is, why do I never see uploaders use it? They seem to always use premium-based websites like RapidGator or Uploaded.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #2
    爆乳 LOVER! *-* Toon Link's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Initia Island
    Age
    28
    Posts
    319
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 78 Times in 46 Posts
    Points: 6,006, Level: 50
    Points: 6,006, Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Re: Is MEGA shunned by uploaders? Why does no one seem to use it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Irastris View Post
    Title basically says all.

    For those that don't know, MEGA is an awesome upload site with 50GBs of free storage.
    My question is, why do I never see uploaders use it? They seem to always use premium-based websites like RapidGator or Uploaded.
    Because RG and UL spend a lot of money to the websites in ADS (and that's not bad at all, it's only financial strategy) to try that users who visit their websites buy premium accounts of RG and UL and MEGA don't do that (as far as I know) LOL.

    About that you say "why do I never see uploaders use it?" I know a lot of websites that use MEGA
    Ignore This Signature
    Sig by Me!

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Points: 832, Level: 15
    Points: 832, Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Re: Is MEGA shunned by uploaders? Why does no one seem to use it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Toon Link View Post
    About that you say "why do I never see uploaders use it?" I know a lot of websites that use MEGA
    When I say uploaders, I mean people on here, like in the Hentai CG section.

    Also, do you mind me asking where the original image in your signature is from?

  5. #4
    I Am Admin, Hear Me Roar! corocoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Under a Bridge
    Posts
    120,474
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 37,542 Times in 20,472 Posts
    Points: 1,852,551, Level: 100
    Points: 1,852,551, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassOverdriveThree FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points

    Re: Is MEGA shunned by uploaders? Why does no one seem to use it?

    I have over 20TB of material. Using MEGA is just not feasible, neither logistically nor financially.

  6. #5
    爆乳 LOVER! *-* Toon Link's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Initia Island
    Age
    28
    Posts
    319
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 78 Times in 46 Posts
    Points: 6,006, Level: 50
    Points: 6,006, Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Re: Is MEGA shunned by uploaders? Why does no one seem to use it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Irastris View Post
    When I say uploaders, I mean people on here, like in the Hentai CG section.

    Also, do you mind me asking where the original image in your signature is from?
    Ohhhh! Ahahaha Yeah, the uploaders of AS doesn't use MEGA but use Uploadable is not good as MEGA but it's pretty good, download at a good speed and wait times are not too long. (For Free User Of Course)

    About the original image of my sig you'll find it on DeviantArt with one of my fav artists from DeviantArt, his name is 3DXArt.

    Here, the link to his Gallery http://3dxart.deviantart.com/

    [WARNING!] For +18 Only

    Quote Originally Posted by corocoro View Post
    I have over 20TB of material. Using MEGA is just not feasible, neither logistically nor financially.
    You're right, €8,33 per month...20 TB of cloud storage!? O_O DAMN! Ahahaha!
    Last edited by Toon Link; September 3rd, 2015 at 01:27 AM.
    Ignore This Signature
    Sig by Me!

  7. #6
    Ignis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Misericordia
    Posts
    4,534
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 1,929 Times in 980 Posts
    Points: 79,718, Level: 100
    Points: 79,718, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassOverdriveRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    WOW #2 ParticipantSOTM #1 WinnerWOW #3 ParticipantSOTM #40 WinnerSOTM #51 Winner

    Re: Is MEGA shunned by uploaders? Why does no one seem to use it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Toon Link View Post
    Because RG and UL spend a lot of money to the websites in ADS (and that's not bad at all, it's only financial strategy) to try that users who visit their websites buy premium accounts of RG and UL and MEGA don't do that (as far as I know) LOL.
    Probably not directly related, but just for the record, we have no affiliation with any file-hosting service that would make us encourage the use of a certain host or discourage the use of another. We take a laissez-faire approach and leave it to the uploaders to use whichever services they prefer. We would only discourage certain services for reasons such as malware infestation. (We do have an exemplary list of services we disallow, but as of now, we do not explicitly prohibit any file-hosting service.)
    Leggy likes this.

    Rules | XDCC tutorial | Site Support (not for download problems) | Signature Contest | IRC
    I do not take reupload requests. For ASL releases with dead links/torrents, please try XDCC.
      Spoiler: Stats 

  8. #7
    爆乳 LOVER! *-* Toon Link's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Initia Island
    Age
    28
    Posts
    319
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 78 Times in 46 Posts
    Points: 6,006, Level: 50
    Points: 6,006, Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Re: Is MEGA shunned by uploaders? Why does no one seem to use it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ignis View Post
    Probably not directly related, but just for the record, we have no affiliation with any file-hosting service that would make us encourage the use of a certain host or discourage the use of another. We take a laissez-faire approach and leave it to the uploaders to use whichever services they prefer. We would only discourage certain services for reasons such as malware infestation. (We do have an exemplary list of services we disallow, but as of now, we do not explicitly prohibit any file-hosting service.)
    Yeah, I know that, dude Shortly...The uploader decides which server to use.

    PS: Uploaders, please choose !
    Ignore This Signature
    Sig by Me!

  9. #8
    チェックメートだ pumasrevenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    1,678
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 1,603 Times in 498 Posts
    Points: 39,244, Level: 100
    Points: 39,244, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Re: Is MEGA shunned by uploaders? Why does no one seem to use it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Irastris View Post
    Title basically says all.

    For those that don't know, MEGA is an awesome upload site with 50GBs of free storage.
    My question is, why do I never see uploaders use it? They seem to always use premium-based websites like RapidGator or Uploaded.
    When I started with fansubs with my friend, we even asked the people which filehoster we should use and which one our "viewers" want to download from. In the end nearly 5k voted.

    Result? Most of them voted for uploaded (little more than 30%). Even Mediafire und Zippyshare had more votes than MEGA, which means something.

    And even if most of them would have voted for MEGA, we would have most likely changed to the filehoster with the second most votes.
    First, 50 GB's is not much for an uploader. Second, we had to upload each file at least two times, since on the first try we would get an error at 99%. Third, in my case, I have an high chance that my own download doesn't even work. The download starts, 45% ... 37% ... 46% ... 36% ... and I haven't found a solution for this so far.

    Besides I think many download don't really care about it being a premium-based website or not. If you're a downloader who downloads movies, music, games etc. very often, I would even recommend using a site where you only pay once and you can download from many filehosters as a premium user. Not everything is available via torrent the first links you'll most likely find the first if you're looking for something are such premium-based filehoster, so before you search a long time for an MEGA account e.g. it's better to buy an account.
    Ignore This Signature
    "Don't underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the thing you can't hear, and not bothering."

  10. #9
    Cat Aiox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere West
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 106 Times in 35 Posts
    Points: 3,721, Level: 38
    Points: 3,721, Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Re: Is MEGA shunned by uploaders? Why does no one seem to use it?

    Quote Originally Posted by pumasrevenge View Post
    When I started with fansubs with my friend, we even asked the people which filehoster we should use and which one our "viewers" want to download from. In the end nearly 5k voted.

    Result? Most of them voted for uploaded (little more than 30%). Even Mediafire und Zippyshare had more votes than MEGA, which means something.

    And even if most of them would have voted for MEGA, we would have most likely changed to the filehoster with the second most votes.
    First, 50 GB's is not much for an uploader. Second, we had to upload each file at least two times, since on the first try we would get an error at 99%. Third, in my case, I have an high chance that my own download doesn't even work. The download starts, 45% ... 37% ... 46% ... 36% ... and I haven't found a solution for this so far.

    Besides I think many download don't really care about it being a premium-based website or not. If you're a downloader who downloads movies, music, games etc. very often, I would even recommend using a site where you only pay once and you can download from many filehosters as a premium user. Not everything is available via torrent the first links you'll most likely find the first if you're looking for something are such premium-based filehoster, so before you search a long time for an MEGA account e.g. it's better to buy an account.
    Sorry for necroing a thread, but have you thought about using MegaSync? It's Mega's desktop app. Makes it easier to upload stuff and unless there's a big issue or something weird, the upload will go through.

  11. #10
    超高校級の「絶望? ?? Tabris666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Points: 3,324, Level: 35
    Points: 3,324, Level: 35
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Re: Is MEGA shunned by uploaders? Why does no one seem to use it?

    Well most uploaders dont use mega by one reason and is that they cant make money with mega,not trying to offend to anyone is the truth.
    With uploaded you win money by each download of your link so think about 5000 downloads and they got 500 dollars,with rapidgator is the same,with mega they dont get a penny.
    Mega benefits higher upload speeds,higher download speeds almost no ads,no popup ads and you can import the file to your account and if they delete the download you have a copy on your account,you can upload entire folders,cons you cant use names of games like rj16033 or the japanese game they wont allow upload but you bypass this changing the zip file name,it have his manager on browser so there is no need for a download manager
    Uploaded lots of ads,popups ads,waiting times betwen downloads of 3 hours,slow downloads (yes you get the 12% of your total speed) no imports,pros you can make money,dont allow the use of download manager
    Zippyshare few ads good upload speed,good download speed (is not the same as mega but is higher then uploaded or rapidgator) anonymous uploads but as an almost free cloud service uploaders cant make money,it allow upload manager.
    Rapidgator the same as uploaded.
    As you see is only because they can make money with those upload sites that they use it is not because all users choose that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Why does my VN say "Japanese Only"?
    By Murakumo in forum General Discussions & Debates
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: April 23rd, 2015, 09:43 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 15th, 2015, 09:22 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 14th, 2013, 04:49 AM
  4. Why does everyone on this site have display pictures of females?
    By FAMAS in forum General Discussions & Debates
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: November 26th, 2012, 06:49 AM
  5. [720p] [RyRo] Digimon Xros Wars: Aku no Death General to Shichinin no Oukoku
    By corocoro in forum Completed Series
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: October 7th, 2012, 01:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •