LDR - Long Distance Relationship

Miina

chan
Elite Member
Nov 1, 2013
LDR is pretty popular these days; you meet this person on internet, then start "going out" without actually doing the physical action. Sometimes you talk on the phone, sometimes Skype: basically you talk/spend time together as much as you can. Maybe you actually meet someday, maybe you don't. Whatever you do, you won't be able to hug or kiss your lover unless you actually meet.

And such.

What do you think about LDR general? Have you ever experienced it?

With my very first girlfriend and after 6 months we split old sweet times 2001-2002 :S via msn messenger then (what memories)

Meeting a girlfriend/boyfriend online is pretty common nowadays.

As far a long distance relationship, I have tried that once with my previous girlfriend when she moved out of state, but it was extremely difficult since I didn't want to move where she was, and video chatting and phone calls can only do so much in a relationship. Ultimately, you want to be with someone that you can physically touch, and spend time with, so we called it off. I don't think I will ever try that again.

Last edited:
My most unforgettable LDR was for 3 years, plus 2 years flirting. We were in the same country, we managed to meet around 6-7 times. it was hard though, in the end we broke up lol

Meeting a girlfriend/boyfriend online is pretty common nowadays.

Countries are making it hard imo, going to this country often to meet my boyfriend would cost me A LOT.

if you love someone and you are with him/her for years and you want to be together in the end you have to do something to be together :)

Yes, i chose to go to this university which is 12 hours away from home because it was near his city. in the end we broke up, it's a horrible university and i still have to study here for 2 more years.

All of my regrets! \:D/

well in my case the girl that i am married with, we go back 8 years (we were friends) 2 years after deice that we like each other so we make a relationship so add 6 years in relationship so yeah! my 8 best years of my life until now :D and i hope the future be even better :;)

Yes, i chose to go to this university which is 12 hours away from home because it was near his city. in the end we broke up, it's a horrible university and i still have to study here for 2 more years.

All of my regrets! \:D/

sorry to hear that...

for me LDR.. is hard mission... :sowwy: and need very much trust in begin with.. cant do it with jealousy personality... and it will cost lot of money/time too... but if you thinks she/he worth.. you can continue...... just think it patiently, with clear minds.,. not emotion...

I've tried that before with the second boyfriend I had. We talked everyday on MSN and would meet ocasionally, but unfortunatly, it was not enough. I think I would only accept it if it was temporary (due to work for example).

Besides, that opens the gate for scams and lies.. I've heard a lot about such cases. Some girls are so weak and naive these days, and those internet scammers are pros at taking advantage of the poor girls..
+1

i was kind of scared during our first date. in my time, MSN was not THAT good to have video conversations. it was always laggy so we prefered not to have video calls. So the first date was weird for me, like suddenly you meet this person you barely saw on some old pictures D: i changed all of my mind after the first kiss though haha

Yes, it was a good experience that taught me many things about life. Spending my entire teenage-years with a mature guy like him was a good choice~

it's not like i still stalk him around or anything!

;_;

I think that kind of relationship is not serious.just cant imagine that youve just meet each other on the internet without knowing well each other..im pretty sure that kind of relationship wont work very well.

The more you talk, the more you know about the person. Especially if you get on calls quite often, you end up hearing everything from his/her house. That means you learn about their private lives which also makes you a part of their lives.

LDR should not be all about "kyaa daisuki :3"

Hmm... not sure how it would work but too many difficulties... Had a friend in a LDR and she was the jealous type... :x Or he gave her reason to believe he was cheating...

well, i think that .. "to love" is more than kisses , hugs , and sex.
i have experienced that once, everything was going fine, but that person died 1 year ago ..

Basically, if you fight for your love, everything will go well.

well, i think that .. "to love" is more than kisses , hugs , and sex.
i have experienced that once, everything was going fine, but that person died 1 year ago ..

Basically, if you fight for your love, everything will go well.

Oh damn. *hugs*

Had such one back then 2001-2002.Met her on an irc anime # it felt like...love...as we talked more and more,night after night for more than one year i thought this is it,we made plans for "our" future...first meet,then well live together...family...but nuts.In the end she found a guy from her city (she was from poland...) they married 3 years ago...it really broke me back then.We spend every night together...for more then one year,talking to each other,sharing every thought,every secret to each other.Now looking bad i wish i never met her...though we had such beatiful moments together...

People i think the staff love over the internet and this staff will never work out (true there are some case that they did) but still... there are many problems

In my opinion make friends but do not be to dependent on them ;) Have your fine be nice but always in mind the problems and other staff you know etch.

Been considering all this kinda stuff as I'm currently talking to a girl who lives in Japan. I get the feeling she likes me, but I'm terrible at conversations and a friend of mine has been through two failed LDRs and constantly moans about them to me. It could work out some way, I do plan to go and live there sometime, but unsure as to when. For now I'm going to keep it as friends, it probably won't work out any other way. These things are hard. I'm terrible at talking to people.

Users who are viewing this thread