Ideas for Japanese workshops

Monjster

Part Of The Problem
Elite Member
Sep 25, 2012
So I run this non profit organisation that promotes Japanese culture. What I need are some ideas what I could do to promote it more. Like threads. We did origami, Japanese music, masks, maid caffes. Would you know of something more interesting things I could organise? Sorry if I missed subforum for this, but it's kinda general. Thanks in advance

Sumo wrestling, make it into a fun game where everyone is wrestling each other. Get a real sumo in and who ever can push over the sumo gets a prize :fulfilled:

Sushi cooking class, Geisha dress up/photo op.

When the guests arrive they get to write their name on a name tag that's written in kanji, hiragana, katakana so they know how to spell their name in japanese. Makes greeting and getting to know other people more interesting through a learning process.

I wouldn't suggest a gold fish scooping (I don't believe in animal cruelty)

Get a Enka singer in to perform.

sorry out of ideas now (-_-)

Sorry I know I can't post consecutively.

Culture experience-wise

Holding Japanese tea parties at a public open space preferably with cherry blossoms or a place that can emanate the same feeling of drinking sake beneath a cherry tree would be awesome, selling cheap japanese street food i.e. teriyaki skewer, take away bentou, those squid balls (see I already need to be cultured about street food)

[MENTION=127318]srebro[/MENTION]; Thank you so much. You have been of so much help. I essially like one with the tea outside. I just have to find perfect tree and japanese tea. Thanks a lot!

[MENTION=123888]Doujin[/MENTION]; Thanks, I shall look up all those up! But those are traveling tips and I dont mean to travel. We dont have that much money

I guess, best what I need is to find a pen pal from Japan who can send me those candies or things so I can make showcase them :D

Last edited:
Reactions: dnceridderterre

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Explore elegance with Anemoii's women's moissanite pendant necklace sets, meticulously crafted to perfection. Shop our collection to discover timeless beauty at competitive prices. Elevate your style with the perfect blend of luxury and affordability.
Ruri wrote on Shine's profile.
Hello, can you please reupload for mexashare both MP3 only and Full-Version of RJ301587? Thank you!
Link
ann10 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello could you re-upload the english version of 春に生きれば (Haru ni Ikireba) ? https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/190525-snow-ground-春に生きれば-v21-08-30.1196982/

Thanks
Otakutaku wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Would you please reupload this? Thank you for all of your effort, kind Ryzen111-sama.