I think I'm getting tired of anime!

Nurranurra

Aug 11, 2011
I think at least some of you had this experience before right? What did you do? After around 80 animes I'm getting too lazy to watch animes. And to think there was a point in time where I'll watch anime with my grand kids.

I've had this too maybe 3 years ago and backed out from watching Anime until recently.. But yeah I think it's the feeling of laziness that you just get too "lazy" to watch them (now I can't get enough). It's gonna be hard to convince yourself to come back unless someone can recommend an amazing freaking Anime..

also try watching Anime that is still ongoing, so there are episodes to look forward to. I saw myself subscribing to Crunchyroll and got back into watching Anime like an addict again after watching some ongoing Anime like "Papakiki" (now finished, I really recommend it!) or Amagami SS (also finished now)

Anyways, if you're too lazy to watch anime try Visual Novels if you're into that, maybe the feeling of getting "involved" will help!

Hope this made sense, I just re-read it and it doesn't make too much sense... Well I hope it helped

Last edited:
Na I understand what you're saying entirely. I'll give amagami ss a go. I didn't watch this show Cuz I got tired of the high school theme. Oh did I mention that tired of high school anime was my first sign?

High school anime is what sells more but it's also overused.

I watched for over 10 years now. I still love anime because it is what started my decision to pursue a major in the arts. So I'm quite thankful for it.

If you're tired of it, try some manga, visual novels, light novels, RPGs, Simulation games, AVGs, doujin games, doujinshi, cosplay, draw, listen to Vocaloid music, encode videos, create AMVs, make MEPs, or watch short shows like ONAs/OVAs may help too instead of the lengthy 60+ episodes.

Maybe take a week off. Refresh yourself and watch again. Fresher eyes make for an even fresher experience. :3

"Fresher eyes make for an even fresher experience. :3"

Wo I'm stealing this line man. Maybe I should take a break.

Lol, go right ahead.

Anyone can get in a slump. If someday you walk down the street and something reminds you of a certain anime, I'm sure somewhere inside you can always ignite that flame for watching anime again.

Just remember to enjoy yourself.
onion_msn_smilies-12.gif

I never get tired of it

I do slow down sometimes

But I've never actually stopped watching it for an extended period

I got tired of anime about a year ago. I don't have the same enthusiasm I once had for it. But I try and stay up to date on whats good and new. There have been a few really noteworthy series that have come out. But there really is too much catering to the same crowd of mindless zombies. I mean no offense to anyone, its just that I see the same pattern over and over again every season. But like I said, there are a few noteworthy ones that come out...

Hmm... havent had this experience before then ive only watched for about a year XD

never had this experience before~
watched for a couple of years now~...(definitely more than 5 years, dont know for sure)
and i am way too lazy to stop watching it now...so my laziness actually helps me there :lmao:

I got tired of anime about a year ago. I don't have the same enthusiasm I once had for it. But I try and stay up to date on whats good and new. There have been a few really noteworthy series that have come out. But there really is too much catering to the same crowd of mindless zombies. I mean no offense to anyone, its just that I see the same pattern over and over again every season. But like I said, there are a few noteworthy ones that come out...

Exactly, I hate those fan services. I grow up watching anime. How I miss watching anime as a kid ahh sweet sweet memories.

Yeah the amount of "mainstream themed" Anime is getting really bothersome these days..

Exactly, I hate those fan services. I grow up watching anime. How I miss watching anime as a kid ahh sweet sweet memories.

Many people are feeling the same and the flow of the nowadays anime increase that feeling, i think you should spend more time in other activities.
In my case i haven't finished a serie in almost 8 months, my growing obsession of collecting all the music of the comiket related Touhou, music of vocaloid and translating songs are taking me away of the anime shows.

uwaa seems I'm in the minority again. I only watch for the fanservice, comedy, and maybe music aha... I'm too burned out from anime to enjoy anything too serious. I've watched pretty much everything out there, and seen all there is to see. If anything I think anime is getting better at what they do best as a medium. Sure it's the same thing over and over, but what isn't these days?

Does it really matter You might lose interest sometimes
But all it takes is something good to draw you right back in

well i kinda never get bored of anime, like if you get bored of one type of genre, watch a totally different one or look for some really old anime xD i tend to watch at like 7 and alternate which one i watch on each day so i dun get bored xD

hmm. After years of viewing anime I can see how growing tired would come about. But there is so many different genres present inthe selection. also if you looked for different things inside the show/film besides only following the plot. sometimes the best thing in a show is just how a characters body lands after a jump. or something very insignificant to the big picture. but its the small details that keep me occupied. and it could blossom into a fondness for a certain series that I first was reluctant to watch.

uwaa seems I'm in the minority again. I only watch for the fanservice, comedy, and maybe music aha... I'm too burned out from anime to enjoy anything too serious. I've watched pretty much everything out there, and seen all there is to see. If anything I think anime is getting better at what they do best as a medium. Sure it's the same thing over and over, but what isn't these days?

:goodtea: A answer for it...

most people complain about mimimi "old anime is better", "i watch a lot". But most forgot how to enjoy it.

You watch an anime... is because you like it, not because you want to follow the season. :shockmenft:

If you start doing that, of course you will stop to like it after some time...

:smug: Just enjoy it, and take your time.
Always have something new you don't know and you can enjoy it.

Kami nomi zo shiru sekai is a great example of recent animation.
Can you find any animation, romantic comedy original as kami nomi?

(-_-)Whatever. I liked it. and[dot] Don't need to complain about

By the way i watch japanese animation since 2001. always liked to watch lol
And i like fan-service too.

I think at least some of you had this experience before right? What did you do? After around 80 animes I'm getting too lazy to watch animes. And to think there was a point in time where I'll watch anime with my grand kids.

Maybe it's about time to work and look for paying jobs on the net.

You need money to pay for the internet to stream anime and pay other things too.

If you still enjoy watching a few cartoons or read American comics, you'll still enjoy anime.

Over time, anyone might become tired of it, but you won't forget the joy of it.

when i was in my 81 anime i get lazy to watch them and i was one mounth without watching any anime but after that i can't stop watching!!! if u pass that phase u will be reeeeally addict. well to pass thta phase i recommend u to watch an awesome anime of the kind u like. my predilect kind of animes is light novels and the animes that have a boy and a girl kissing <3 then i watched kami-nomi zo shiru sekai and wa like woooooooow and don`t worry of watching animes with ur grand kids if u train them the right way i`m sure they will like watch animes =P

I remember a time when I watch anime to see the girl's panties,... When I was 13 that is. I guess as an adult I try to look for animes that are deep with some hidden meaningful something to it. Oh yeah, I'm still waiting wondering why a could never see sailormoon's panties despite their ridiculously short skirt.

Oh yeah, I'm still waiting wondering why a could never see sailormoon's panties despite their ridiculously short skirt.
Coz they don't wear panties. Sailormoon and co. wore swimsuit with sailor collar and skirt-added. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks