How to fight off boredom?

dannyh

A Surfing slacker
Apr 2, 2012
It might be a silly thing to say, but there will be a time where everything you do won't satisfy your boredom- you'll simply feel bored what ever you do.
Personally, I think being in this state of mind is quite dangerous- this boredom could quickly lead to depression, stress and in worst case, life-threatening situations. [Now, I'm not trying to make anyone feel scared or nervous...]

Even for me, I get bored rather quick- I guess I am more like an adventurous guy who simply can't live in a daily cycle of life. When I get bored, I try to get some fresh air, clears me mind that way. The other method is to listen music or play instruments. One of the best solution when I'm extremely bored, at least for me, is to meet with close friends- talk about nonsense, perform stupid actions, argue each other, and etc.

Like previously mentioned, it could be a silly question in this fast-processing era since people would normally say "24 hours a day is simply not enough!" However, I think having a little excitement in your daily life could actually do some good. So the real question is: how do you fight off boredom?

Hmm.. I usually bring my board outside if it's good weather with some friends.. Skype and chat, hang around some forums

And if I'm alone... (*´ω`)

I'll leave that to [MENTION=159]alexsdu[/MENTION]

mmmh...i actually am bored most of the time...i usually just try to kill time somehow. doing random things with friends is good for a change, but i cant hang with them whenever i am bored, so i just stick to my everyday routine.
i already wont think about being bored or not. if i actually realize that i am bored, i either watch anime, read manga, play games, listen to music or just sleep.

Hmm.. I usually bring my board outside if it's good weather with some friends.. Skype and chat, hang around some forums

...say hello to Mr. Right Hand!
Unless you prefer Left Hand.

I'll put it rather bluntly. How I deal with boredom is by going to work. It's productive, no socialization, I get paid, (so I can finance my growing game collection) it kills time and It wears me out so I can just fall on my bed and sleep. If I don't go to work, I just play video games. It's a win all around.

A job and playing video games works for me with boredom busting.

I either sleep if I`m tired (which is a common occurrence. I only sleep 4-5hrs a night.) or I find something I`ve been putting off doing. I put things off when I don`t enjoy them, so doing them when I`m bored is as good a time as any.

Hmm study for once~ I found that i dont actually dislike studying so much as theres something better to do usually...
Chats games anime manga books drawing whatever can also help~ Or just hunt down boredom and slowly torture it~ thats fun too :evillaugh:

Blah, I'll put my idea since my other post was filled with... stuff. :XD:

How to fight boredom? Easy.
Suggestions:
  • Launch GTA and kill some asses
  • Play some VNs
  • Read a book
  • Spam in ASF
  • Chat with your friends
  • Play some other Video Games
  • Do massive destruction/massacre in violent games (e.g. Prototype, GTA, Infamous, etc.)

If you still can't find out how to kill the boredom with all these, then I don't know what to do with ya.

Personally, I draw. I like to make scenarios and draw the characters while thinking about their background, their relationships with other characters, the location, time period, genre, their names... etc.

Later I'll think about what colors suit them, and think about how to initiate the first chapter or start off the plot.

The title may come next or come first depending on the characters and I like to use BGM from games or anime as my inspiration or incorporate them into the scenes.

I can spend over 6 hours just doing all that. It really is productive and I save my work in case I might make them into an actual series or use it as my foundation for later works.

Last edited:
@TS:
I know how you feel. Boredom hasn't really been an easy enemy since the ancient times that's why simplistic and stupid games evolved to complicated and serious gaming hahahaha :XD:

But I just mostly sleep it away when I'm feeling terribly bored but doesn't feel like going to back to the drawing board, playing a game or watching an some anime. Sometimes I just troll my friends in facebook in their status updates or random posts. Very typical. Hahahaha.

...say hello to Mr. Right Hand!
Unless you prefer Left Hand.
What if you're ambidextrous? (=^・^=)

Verstuurd via Tapatalk
Double the fun.
Or you could use both, at the same time.
But this only happen when you got your hands "full" :smug:

Last edited:
Fight off boredom... watching re-runs of sitcoms make me laugh and smile while reminiscing about the good times with a nice drink or snack helps.

It took me hours to finish the game the first time xD Some parts more annoying than others~
Hmm its actually not bad.... sounds like ojou sama is doubting me... but i doubt myself too... so i cant exactly blame her for doubting me :dispirited:

I only wrote 'not bad' because I only played some of it just to grasp the concept and overall feeling. I like it so far... so don't feel so let down~

As for the topic at hand... I enjoy cryptograms or word searches. They improve your mind to think faster, read faster, and provide hours of amusement... at least for me.

Sudoku is quite fun though im really slow at it... :x

Lol yeah it was just a bit of silliness xD It was mostly a positive comment from you at first :3

I bought books of sudoku... I like them... I prefer cryptograms because they have notable or humorous quotes that I enjoy once you solved them~

My naïveté once again... I probably could have tell, but my brain is mostly concentrating on messages...

As for the topic... make your own popsicles. Purchase the sticks and pour your favorite fruit juice and freeze them over night... Fun and tasty... w/o any distortion in my words, please...~

Hmm im not so good with word games... i have random books with puzzles of sorts which are quite fun :3

How would that get twisted? Though i guess alex would find a way xD

Naive... im pretty sure im more naive than you :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks
Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.