How does Manga & Anime affect your life ?

KenShjIN

~ Tenno heika banzai! ~
Elite Member
Oct 19, 2013
Its no longer possible to imagine a life without Manga and Anime....everything changed since then..when i first time saw dragonball...read rolw and ah megami sama...how does manga and anime affect your life ?

I started doing a little worse at school, but even if I didn't start watching anime I don't think I would study much, so... Yeah. It's not like it has any effect on my life. :)

It forced me to create a giant list I must always be slave to.

I have always enjoyed anime and manga so I have to watch alot of them to satisfy my love for them

It's forced me to learn how to manage my time more effectively, gotta make sure I get my daily dose of moe.

...It's also taken a toll on the amount of pocket change I carry :shopping:

Sometimes certain anime..take over my life and I start thinking about them everywhere. EVERYWHERE. I once had a hard time with One Piece. I drew One piece skulls on many school books and copybooks...I once even drew Luffy on the board in the break..XD That was insane. Thank God I'm done with that phase..
Sometimes I also get affected by certain events and keep thinking about them all day or over-analysing them..

I learn lots of new stuff from their life experiences too, so I guess that broadens my mind. :)
And both anime and manga can change my mood completely, depending on what happens there.

the take over my life thing...sound familiar to me ! sometimes i whistle a song or a melody from an anime on my way to work or something like that...i realize that and begin to smile to myself...what a nerdy otaku i become :)

Sleeping time has decreased by a sizable amount.
Also reading manga everywhere and anywhere.

If a manga have changed my life it will be Cardcaptor Sakura manga and anime - then followed by all CLAMP's works
I learned to never judge people by my own and majority preferences.
Love knows no boundaries *even I never believe in true love*
Cardcaptor SAkura have it all. What they call lolita and shouta complex. Shoujo ai - shounen ai.
I'm still 9 years old when I accepted all of that and now I'm grown to be a really open minded person.
I already accept all of those things rightful people resented way before. ^^

and yeah stepping in the world or manga, anime, and game - I become a slave of lists... :donow:

Whoa it changed nothing, because I enjoy Anime as loong as i can remember, so I cannot say what possibly changed.
It started since I was 3 years old or something with the anime for little kids. then there was pokemon, digimon and dragon ball.
with 14 or so i started watching naruto as it was aired in tv. so I consume this epic shit since ever :3

Hmm, I can't think of a good way it has affected my life. Only thing I can think of is that it used to take up to much of my free time when I could have been doing other more productive/social activities. Trying to limit how much anime I watch now.

I haven't even a handful of social circles IRL, so I'm usually by myself hence why I filled that slot of my time with anime and other individual niche hobbies. I also happen not to be extremely open to others with anime since my preference is outside of mainstream shounens which most people seem to openly display an interest for.

I probably wouldn't actually be the way I am now if it wasn't for anime. It made a huge impact on my life that gave me something to look at and admire, and heavily influenced my non-existent personality at the time... I was 14 or 15 or so? That age when teens are still figuring out who they truly are.

EDIT: Of course I watched Pokemon and stuff like that when I was a little girl, but I didn't know the difference between cartoons and anime back then.

Soooo much that i can't say. The same or more like you start smoking and you cannot stop. It has changed life completely after finding a way into anime....... (I'dont hate it since i like it but it was and still will take a lot of my time)

While I thoroughly enjoy anime, I have several different hobbies. No one activity dominates my time.

Reactions: lerrellharl
Anime and manga is a great inspiration for me when I draw. I want to tell stories that are just as amazing as my favourites. I guess it would be very boring if I didn't have anime and manga in my life since western media doesn't really interest me much. :/

It's hard to go into specifics, but immersion in this type of media has helped me understand myself better. And perhaps other people as well. Getting exposed to different cultures makes one question ideas and beliefs they were taught. Questions seek answers and most times the answer isn't even something desirable. Sometimes the answers remain elusive no matter how much effort is put in.

I find some difficulty in understanding what people were saying about lists. Are these lists an attempt to organize an experience? Do they function similarly to planners with a time frame?

i know this is weird but anime saved me, got tough life when i was in middle/highschool etc, even now when i get sad/mad i just watch anime and forget all the bad stuff in 1 hour works better than pills :3
also it made my life more colorful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。
nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.
Groups23 wrote on zhonyk's profile.
Could you upload fantia.jp/posts/2683868 ?