Hobbies

Perplexing

Elite Member
Elite Member
Jul 26, 2011
So other than the obvious hobbies which brings us all together here what other hobbies do you enjoy doing in your free time?

I'm a family man first and foremost so anything that involves my kids comes first. They enjoy being outdoors which is a plus for me as I like to go on trails with them and teach them about nature.

I enjoy reading up on anything tech related as well as building and repairing PCs when time permits me to. I enjoy hiking although I haven't been hiking in over a year sadly.

I also enjoy cooking although I don't do it often as my wife is the cook in our household :)

To be administrator here means to not have any free time. Checkmate killed all my hobbies. :P

Reactions: Perplexing
Hobbies, huh?
I'm not sure if I have any, currently.

But atm, I do play paintball and airsoft, occasionally. Does that consider as hobbies as well?

Reactions: Perplexing
Eroge!

And anything related to eroge, including bidding on extra items, buying mags / juicy artbook, hunting for OST, importing wallpapers / toys, getting info about comiket, cleaning up and maintenance my server that contain TBs of juice, or large format panel with powerful rig with full surround sound setup for eroge (I don't watch TV, I don't even have any cable or antenna feed)

All of my free time is reserved especially for eroge. I refuse to hang out with friends and not many occasion with family

Even though, my social isn't that bad, thanks to the eroge, I have a very unique personality and skills that enable me to do... amazing stuff, earning respect and impression, girls especially, although it was not my intention to do so.

It's my pride, I don't hide it, and I love it especially when I invite some girl to come to my room, showing them my collection. Although my parents are a bit scare of the fact that they might not have any grandkids... so I may have to tune it down a little bit, or expect an arranged a marriage 0rz

Playing Racquetball, SCUBA Diving, building computers, playing some online games

hobbies ~ ...

reading books/magazine/manga
PC/Console Gaming..(minus console cause the gaming console is broken)
sketch/dooddle
Watch anime/movies ...~
Cook simple dishes..
daydreaming/sleeping (if you consider those)

I like to read. Hurrah. So yes, reading books during my free time... and more boring stuff like... writing letters. :D

Um, what are some of my hobbies...

Uh, anything related to computers (Building, software, hardware, gaming, screaming, throwing, ranting, raving, cursing, etc.)
Reading
Guitar
Camping (1607-1860 style)
Building things...(legos, k-nex's)
Playing with electricity
psp modding
soccer/basket-ball
eating candy
cooking/baking/grilling
weed-eating!

Hobbies, huh?

-Watching anime. Or sometimes it got boring I'll change to reading VNs/eroge. For now I can only read those that have English patch because of my limited Japanese (Or rather because I have little to no JPese skill). And no, don't say "AGTH/Atlas" to me *facewall*
-Playing Basketball. Probably the only thing that I never get bored of.
-Cooking. But now that the ingredients' prices have gone up rather fast here....
-Writing anime review. Only for narcissistic purposes. And always got deleted right after final QC.
-Playing games. Because I got too used to the anime art, now I can't play many games anymore lol
-................. (Who knows?)

You play basket ball? What position?

I like to like to watch my CPU fan turn 'round and 'round. :) That is a hobby by the way.

I have one and only one Hobby:

Eroge, and anything related to make it enjoyable experience, including but not limited building monster rig (my rig is much more powerful than standard gaming class) with multiple monitors, building monster storage (120TB isn't enough... but it's a start), collecting shelves of artbook, dakimakura, bedsheet, goods etc..., studying Japanese, designing a home threatre system dedicated to play eroge with full surround setup, extreme sound setup: audiphile grade headphone, dedicated amplifier.

My next project would be to fork eroge to a server and have it stream 720p quality to my tablet, so I can play eroge on the go, as long as the internet connection allows 720p streaming.

Pretty much everything I've done so far is all related to eroge~

That first whole paragraph is just absolute overkill! I sure hope it doesn't cost a lot of maintenance.

That first whole paragraph is just absolute overkill! I sure hope it doesn't cost a lot of maintenance.

I shells 3000-5000$/year as maintenance cost, but then, again, nothing come close to the expense to run AS Network, which is 1000$/month.

Almost spent 1000$ for the maintenance fee on the headphone alone...

Upgrade schedule is 1.5 years for small upgrade (RAM/HDD/SDD), 3 years for next generation system

in 2009, I acquired an Intel Core i7 Extreme, with 12GB of RAM, 2 x 128GB SSD with 2 x 10.000RPM 600GB HDD all in RAID-0, 4 x 1TB 7200 RPM WD Black in RAID 5

in mid 2011, a small upgrade was done, 24GB of RAM, 2 x 128GB SSD, 2 x 240GB SSD, planned for a 4 x 3TB RPM WD Black

in 2013, plan for the next generation system: SATA3 SSDs, more than 24GB of RAM, preferably, 48GB of RAM or more, and may be more than 3 monitors (I prefer 6, with 3 more as overhead display)

Of course, all of these are for my beloved eroge hobby ~ Can't live without it

Oooh! uh, can I say ouch? Surely though, it's worth paying for right?

Hobbies can be fairly expensive.

Yeah, but so far no body dare to challenge me yet despite of knowing my fetishes, friends or family :p

Glad such a thread as this was started since I was unable to list all of my hobbies under my profile. So I'll start it off again.

Disc golf, swimming, bike riding, snow skiing, hiking, camping, listening to music in the dark(helps clear my head I think), gaming, of course watching anime and reading manga, reading books both fiction and non-fiction, eating food, cooking food, sleeping ;o), hanging out with friends having a couple of drinks, watching American football both college and professional, anything computer related, doing anything constructive, and just sitting outside thinking about nothing in particular.

Last edited:
Photography and Badminton.

I must say, both of these hobbies are really expensive! (Lens cost ~HKD$3000+, Dozen of Shuttlecock cost ~HKD$90, and they will be all used up in one game!)

Unfortunately, the day I decided to take IB instead of the A-Levels, is the day I've sold my life to IB.

all the time I surf the Internet :D.. for watching movie, listening music, reading manga :X .. sometime , searching something for my exercise :P

visual novels and eroge have taken over my life. Even made a blog on it. My copy of disgaea 4 has been sitting on the shelf unopened foreverrrrrr.... lol

my hobbies are sleeping,eating,watching movie...
almost time i spend for my bad hobbies.:((

I like drawing, random physical activities like climbing trees, reading, random games, anime, eating, and sleeping XD

Lets see, anything computer related, anime/manga, visual novels, etc etc. Your average nerdy otaku hobbys i guess :P

cmon i can't believe there's so little if any war-hammer 40k fans in here! Get into models/figurines building/painting people they're brilliant uses of your time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。