Creating an anime forum

Oo Suguri

Developing anime soul.
Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2014
Hello,

This forum is very amazing, it is the very reason I want to build an anime forum.
I will plan to make an anime forum from scratch but I do not know where to begin.

Basically, my anime forum should have features that resemble those from this anime forum. If I am lonely as a coder, it would probably take forever to make a forum.

I know very little about web development in general. I can hardly resist this urge to create my own anime forum. It is not something for fun and I am serious at the time of writing.

Also, I have a habit of sleeping at night which I consider it a unwise way to let my time pass by. I will try to make an anime forum all night to drop this habit. This anime forum is very captivating, I will not want any failure when developing my forum website.

I would like to sincerely appreciate any feedback and suggestions about my idea. I do feel very nervous right now so I would be delightful if someone cheered me up.

Edit:
From my observation today, I have some things to sum up:
+ There are a lot of anime forums, this fact is true.
+ Developing an attractive and usable one is only the first step. A forum owner also has to maintain and contribute regularly, making some real effort to invite guests and visitors.

I still barely know about web development, I decide that it is not my forte. I already have many wonderful ways to spend my time for anime, making an anime forum is one of many possible ways to spend time for anime but it feels way too time-consuming. If I am not comfortable with it, it is a wise decision to abandon it and it is a step in the right direction.

I would like to thank all members who contributed in my thread. Checkmate, |♚|KK|♚|, corocoro, Ignis, LauraLovesAnime, KamenStalker.

Last edited:
Hello there,

First of all I'm glad you enjoy anime-sharing, were you inspired from this forum to make a new one? And what are your goals for the forum you want to create?

If you ask me, I wouldn't bother it...I mean creating a forum, there can be side-effects like disappointment from expectations in my opinion.

I have a habit of sleeping at night and I really hate it, so I will try to make a forum all night to drop this habit.

Sleeping at night is a normal thing though; or did you try to mean that you can't stay late because you get sleepy? I think calling this you're 'used to sleep early' is better than 'habit' since they're different things lol. My advice is don't change your sleep pattern, it might return with stress or sleeping disorder.

What's wrong with being active here?
I mean, where's the point in creating a clone of ASF?

Reactions: Oo Suguri
Not going to be very specific, and I don't know what you're actually trying to do, but making websites today is much easier than ever. If you just want to try things out, look up "free forum services" or similar keywords. They'll usually put their ads on your forum in exchange for using their services.

If you want to make your own site with your own domain, you'll need at least a domain name (as low as $1/year), a server (plenty of cheap VPS providers for as low as $2/month), and forum software (some is free; some is commercial and expensive). Forum addons are available with various quality, quantity, and pricing at the respective software's marketplace(s).

You'll need to know some Linux basics to get a server up, but you barely need to know anything about coding.

It's difficult for me to help you as you don't give us too much informations on what you actually want to do... And I'm not really into web development.

I don't know if it's because you don't want to give us too much details about it or just you who doesn't really know what to do and why. If it's because of the last part, if you want to make this a big project, I suggest to think about it carefully and thouroughfully (if you are not too used to have big projets it might be better to make littles ones first, to get experience. But I guess if you're motivated enough, why not huh ?)

Also, from my understanding, you seem to be worried about the coding part of your forum. So it might be a good idea first to ask yourself "which language/framework/whatever system I should use (according to the time/motivation I have for it and what I want it to be) ?"

But first, I suggest you to give us more informations on what you want to do and/or what you need to do, so we can help you more. (*^▽^*)

Well...I guess having an inspiration can't hurt, in this case it's anime-sharing for you. But in my opinion making a clone/copy of something won't make it "exactly" the same, since it's not the original.
My goals are to gather as many "anime cuteness" as possible.
I'm sorry but what do you mean?
I managed to stay up late all night and needed 1 hour to rest. I figured out that if I rest for 15 minutes after every 45 minutes, I may be able to eliminate the need to sleep.
I still can't understand why are you trying to stay up all night;
my forum will only contain ideal and high-quality contents
Such as?

ps: I've read the stuff you told to other people (on this thread) but I'm very confused on so many levels, so sorry but I don't think I can help you out with this.

Ignis
I need to have complete control of my forum website which is why I need to start from scratch.
No you don't. phpBB, for example, is open source.

I need a little help about my website automatically sending verification mails if you are interested in web development. What server site should I choose and what method of sending mails should I use, smtp or php mail? How to create a no-reply email like [email protected], is it possible? Will there be any cost for using these features? Right now I have no success with this.
There are tutorials around the 'net for setting up email servers with auto-reply capabilities. Asking about it in detail with specific technicalities for your needs, however, strays into the IT consultation territory, which usually is a paid service.

But, more importantly, this is why you don't code things from scratch. There are undoubtedly benefits to doing that—you're bound to learn a lot as you go—but, for a live site, you're better off using premade software (and perhaps customise it to your liking). It's more secure, technically solid, efficient and convenient.

Unless you make money by making custom software for corporations or actually plan to monetise your services, coding common web software like a blog or a forum from scratch is akin to reinventing the wheel. The feature you want is already a core functionality in virtually all forum software around.

In any case, I wish you luck on your endeavours.

If you want to make a new forum you really need to think about what your forum has to offer since tehre are already a lot out there
why should anime fans pick yours over other forums

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks