Attempting to Transfer to Japan/UK College?

Murakumo

百合旅人
Elite Member
Jan 1, 2013
Being unhappy with how the US college life I have now is going, I'm currently looking into transferring to a college/uni located in either Japan or the United Kingdom, but I'm at a loss on what to expect and what things I should look into. Basically, I have little understanding of the general college application/transfer process. Does UK, like in Japan, have college entrance exams? Do EN-available colleges in Japan have the general JPN college entrance exams? Are those in JPN only?
Please do tell!

Plus, transferring out of this US college is straightforward, but I also need some suggestions about places to transfer to in UK/Japan.

(if a college in Japan, then one where I could take EN version)

Being unhappy with how the US college life I have now is going, I'm currently looking into transferring to a college/uni located in either Japan or the United Kingdom.

For UK, if you're an undergraduate student I would strongly recommend you looking into potential Uni you want to study at and the UCAS website (https://www.ucas.com/), those of us who live in apply via UCAS and I believe oversee can either apply directly or through UCAS. The rest is more or less just waiting for replies. Hope this helps and if you have more question I'll see whether I know the answer to it or know where you can find out the answer.

For UK, if you're an undergraduate student I would strongly recommend you looking into potential Uni you want to study at and the UCAS website (https://www.ucas.com/), those of us who live in apply via UCAS and I believe oversee can either apply directly or through UCAS. The rest is more or less just waiting for replies. Hope this helps and if you have more question I'll see whether I know the answer to it or know where you can find out the answer.

I didn't think my question would get a proper reply, but I was able to start applications already. Thanks for advice anyway! in worst case scenario, which I'm trying to avoid, that I have to wait another year, I'll be keeping in mind this advice.

The only problem now is my own in which I have to have 9 credits before the year ends, and since I bombed some math grades, I might have to take on extra next term X_X
Well, good luck to me? ":D

I didn't think my question would get a proper reply, but I was able to start applications already. Thanks for advice anyway! in worst case scenario, which I'm trying to avoid, that I have to wait another year, I'll be keeping in mind this advice.

The only problem now is my own in which I have to have 9 credits before the year ends, and since I bombed some math grades, I might have to take on extra next term X_X
Well, good luck to me? ":D

Well all the best on your end! But whether or not you have to wait for another year is quite, subjective. Since most of the application would have been done before Christmas, late application don't usually standout too well especially without a strong supporting profile (e.g. high achiever, rich extracurricular activity), but I don't see why that should stop you from applying, which you have already so all you can do is wait for a reply.

I hope you will have a favorable reply and if there are more questions, feel free to drop it here and like always I'll see whether I'm able to provide you with an answer or point you in the right direction ;)

Reactions: Murakumo

Users who are viewing this thread