[Psy] Cyberbullying

~SnowAngel~

~♥RadiantHeart♥~
Contributor
Mar 24, 2012
This topic is made to bring awareness and interest to the reader. It is in no way aimed at any particular person or group. Please keep any personal experiences as anonymous as possible by not saying who, where, etc.

I'd never want someone to be hurt because of something like this. I'm willing to be there for you if need someone to support you~ I've been there too x_x

simply put: Cyberbullying can be anything mean, hateful, or somehow hurtful to another person spoken to electronically.
(ex: forums, text messages, chat IM, email, etc.) The most serious cases happen anonymously, but it can happen to people whether or not they are aware of it.

Some instances of cyberbullying: rudely or angrily trying to prove a point, quoting to challenge what someone has said, wrongly abusing or exercising power, making threats, sarcastic remarks that can be taken seriously.

some websites:
http://www.cyberbullying.us/
http://stopcyberbullying.org/
Cyberbullying: What It Is and What to Do About It
Cyberbullying: An Old Problem with a New Twist

Cyber-bullying defenses
Parents: Cyber Bullying Led to Teen's Suicide

Cyberbullying a person can cause another person to:
cyberbully others
give up on life (quit school, thoughts of suicide, not doing what they enjoy, etc.)
become negative to friends or family
do poorly at school or work
lose sleep
complain alot
become involved in harmful or badly influential activities.

some questions:
1. Who is effected the most? why do you think so?
2. What might be some cases where you might have cyberbullied?
3. What can you do to help someone being cyberbullied? What if that action if also cyberbullying?
4. What do you think is the motivation for someone to cyberbully another person?
5. In your own words, define cyberbullying. How is that different from in-person? What would happen differently in-person?
6. Create an example of cyberbullying, and offer some thoughts of what could/should have been done.
7. What kind of phrases, text, font, or other symbolic language can be interpreted by another person as hurtful?

Let me know if you want a specific case study and I'll try to find some~

Hmm would trolling be cyber bullying of sorts? I dont think i have a clear idea of cyber bullying except for the obvious group saying bs about others and whatnot :/ I would say cyber bullying is usually initiated by those who i would probably view as idiots who dont know limits and think that someone who is different is worse than them because of that... Cyber bullying can probably differ depending on who is viewing it... Most of the bullying seems to be irrational to me... should toss some book about fallacies at those bullies and get them to learn proper reasoning...

I hate cyberbullying and it's one of the main reasons I abandoned so many forums, and why I'm such a lurker at the few forums I still frequent.

It just makes no sense to me. But I guess some people simply have to feel superior no matter what.

Sadly I don't think it's anything that can ever be stopped. Bullies will always exist. It's a very unfortunate part of human nature that I don't see society outgrowing any time soon.

Superiority complex... mehs im hoping that this place stays warm and relatively bully free...

Whoa... We got a cyber bully thread....

Well I never experience any cyber bullying so can't put my 2 cent on it.....

/me bullies slayn :evillaugh:

[MENTION=17020]~SnowAngel~[/MENTION] [MENTION=33148]Kasumi[/MENTION] [MENTION=10115]kactaplb[/MENTION]

Well guys I think u give too much for it. This is internet, u can make that person dissapear in 2 seconds/clicks (ignore,remove etc).
Just like the saying goes: Don't feed the troll. Just don't show them u anyhow care about what they are saying after some time they'll get bored and look for someone else. It's that simple. But people who fail for their bullying are mostly emotional therefore girls more than boys.

Another thing u can do if u get really stressed about what that cyberbully is saying just log off, go outside and have a beer :D ((well if u dont drink alchohol have some cold drink in the open air and just go to ignoring the person).

Well I hope I make sense, feel free to comment on my theory so we can further discuss it.

Well ignoring a troll is a good option.... But don't they always say something to get you back in it....

Well that's why I gave the option #2, if u get offended and he/she gets you going just log out and chill for few minutes outside.

Well... That would work but some might not follow that..... Troll tend to have the switch when they know what to get you irritated...

Well it might get u irritated but the thing is not to show him/her. Take a deep breath, count to 5 and press ignore xD

p.s I love my activity <3

Well... I live a care free life so cyber bulling is meh to me..... I just hope people have the power to ignore them.... Well that my 2 cent....

Hmm to ignore... sometimes theyre more bothersome and its hard to ignore... They might have been someone you called a friend...

[MENTION=17020]~SnowAngel~[/MENTION] [MENTION=33148]Kasumi[/MENTION] [MENTION=10115]kactaplb[/MENTION]

So there is ignore option, then u wouldnt have to read what they say as u wouldnt see their messages

Well if it's a very good friend put up with it, if not then why is he even your friend if he keeps the bullying?

Hmm theres stuff that could have been unintentional... some things may hurt even if they werent intended to...

What Sammy said.... And who keep bad friend around???? I for sure don't....

There are reasons to keep bad "friends" around but theyre not quite true friends in that case... more of someone who you cant get rid of for some reason or another...

But if it is not intenional then its not really bullying as u can simply tell that person that he is hurting u and hopefully he will just say okey, opposite from trolls and cyberbullies

Various reasons why someone wouldnt... but yes its probably better to just say...

Sammy is one of those cyber bullies.....:whistle:

[MENTION=7737]Animaksiat[/MENTION] [MENTION=33148]Kasumi[/MENTION] [MENTION=10115]kactaplb[/MENTION]

Of course :traitor: Thats completely why i know how bullies would act ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.
playboy623 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.