What game introduced you to the RPG genre?

Doraleous

and Associates
Jun 30, 2013
Are you an old-timer dating back to the Ultima days or did you start with the likes of The Witcher or Final Fantasy XIII with their gorgeous graphics?

I myself started (and got addicted in the process) with a little Mega Drive/Genesis gem called Shining Force II. This was the game that made me appreciate and buy products from developers that still make Tactical RPG stuff like the Disgaea series.

So what about you?

hmm...ff anthology and ff 8 in psx...man..i got pretty confused with the rpg system back thenxD

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
This was my favorite game as a kid, still fun to play even now. :D

Zelda SNES. I'm so classic and ancient in this manner. I didn't even know what I was doing in that game and sometimes I wonder if I can have another crack at it. Never finished it in the end. And if that is not a RPG, then the next one that came by was either Pokemon or Breath of Fire 1.

Tales of Eternia. What? The plot is good, you can control players' command and many more. Been 9 years already, yet, it still my super favorite till now. :D

Zelda isn't a rpg :p

Also ff1 for me in 1989

I played the original zelda before aswell but

OoT game of the century.

If pokemon counts as a rpg then pokemon blue version :D

The game that showed me the world of RPG's was FF3 i think, i dont remember exactly but it was that one with a looot of classes and a storyline that looked like the first one.

As far as i remember some Amiga 500 games...Ishar trilogy,Eye of the beholder and some others...yeah it all started on my beloved Amiga...that bitch have stolen so much of my time back then ! ;)

As far as i remember some Amiga 500 games...Ishar trilogy,Eye of the beholder and some others...yeah it all started on my beloved Amiga...that bitch have stolen so much of my time back then ! ;)

Dang, dude, Amiga is some old stuff. Back then 1k bucks was a lot of money, if you had an Amiga you were/are probably filthy rich!

Chrono Trigger.....it was probably the first rpg i played!...and craved for its Sequel:bloodthirsty: and hopefully got one(chrono cross)!:)

Shame on me ! how could i forget to mention Wizardry here...! maybe because i played the shit out of them and never finished one of the earlier ones because they were so freakin hard ! but remember Wizardry 8...a masterpiece,one of the biggest and best RPG´s of all time...ever,in every term.I mean every oldschool rpg player know what i mean...just the pure rpg experience,strategic fightin,countless classes....and it all started even before i was born in the 80´s.True epic masterpiece of the genre.

Baldur's Gate.

Baldur`s gate...remember playin this for so long...according to so many magazines ranked this one as THE rpg of the century,everyone of my firnds played this back then....and it was damn good ! the 2´nd installment was even better,and after BG came Icewind dale and neverwinter nights with some addons...a huge universe with literaly thousands of hours to play,a huge and unique world,fascinating quests and subquests and for the first time it was possible to have relationship among the party.Amazing game though i never finished it due to some weird savegame bugs...started it again but man...one of the hardest rpg´s to beat !

Baldur`s gate...remember playin this for so long...according to so many magazines ranked this one as THE rpg of the century,everyone of my firnds played this back then....and it was damn good ! the 2´nd installment was even better,and after BG came Icewind dale and neverwinter nights with some addons...a huge universe with literaly thousands of hours to play,a huge and unique world,fascinating quests and subquests and for the first time it was possible to have relationship among the party.Amazing game though i never finished it due to some weird savegame bugs...started it again but man...one of the hardest rpg´s to beat !

You should try the enhanced edition, Baldurs Gate 2 EE just came out this month, it's great, new companions, some of them romanceable (if not all, i'm not sure), some new quests, widescreen support etc.

Gen 2 Pokemon and Final Fantasy as outside influence...

...and Fallout 2 in a more personal note.

For me it was Dragon Quest (though it was called dragon warriors back then). My mom always played it on the NES, I was three and my older brother and sister knew better than to even look at it when my mom wasn't playing (what with the NES being all sensative and sometimes erasing saved data). But I was three, and all I knew was that I wanted to do what my mom was doing. So one day when she wasn't in her room, I turn on the television and pressed the NES' on button. And somehow I erased her game. Didn't know what the heck I was doing. And I didn't get in trouble cuz I was a cute three year old, lol.
Anyway, from that moment on I knew that I was destined to play RPGs...or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.
playboy623 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
bidlocat0 wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori!
Can you update this game please?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01161364.html/?locale=en_US
Thanks!