Sharing own bought game

imbecdu

Jul 24, 2019
Lets say I want to share my own bought game from dlsite with others. Can they trace back to me?
Does dlsite generate MD5 Hash tied to your account or something like that? Maybe I'm overthinking... :wasclose:

And what about dlsite user authorization protection. Is it possible to remove it?

Last edited:
For the majority of the DLSite Stuff, I can say none.

However, very few selected title are known to collect your information, but only obtain it when you play the game. Metrics collection include the IP of your connections, the time you launch, basic telemetry of your PC as your OS allowed, etc. The available information may or may not tie your DLSite account, but I don't remember any case the author of DLSite successfully goes after any account.

For title which DLSite has some DRM, in the past there is none, but I'm not entirely sure about now. However, I know it is costly to digitally sign a game binary for each copy sold. Especially if you only get 30% of a sold copy around anywhere between 500 - 3000Y.

You will be fine.

Reactions: imbecdu
Well, technically speaking, it would be pretty much trivial to actually hide a little piece of information inside the digital copy that you download. For example, just drop a little innocent looking file into the dark corner of the complex file hierarchy you'd get with RPG Maker MV and write your DLSite id encryped in it. You won't recognize its presence without comparing your copy with someone else's and if you upload it then'd know. For now I haven't heard uploaders that got caught by this method and not any site that is doing this at all but I just want to say it is perfectly doable and at least its simple form is pretty trivial to implement. Of course the legal action that follows the tracing will be much more complicated though.

Depending on how the game has been packaged, you can always repackage it and remove any metadata to cover your tracks.

However, I personally don't endorse warez. If you enjoyed the game enough, write a review and encourage others to buy it too.

In my opinion, paying for the items is the best way to show your thanks and support for the author and their teams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha