Rune Factory developer is filing for bankruptcy

T-ELOS

久慈川 りせ
Elite Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sad news to all the Rune Factory fans, it looks like the developer (Neverland Co) that makes the game has filed for bankruptcy, so unless another publisher acquires them no more Rune Factory :deadsad:

Rune Factory and Lufia series developer Neverland Co. has ceased operations and will file for bankruptcy soon, the studio revealed on its website. Siliconera reports that Neverland's statement cites recent "changes in the business environment" as one of the studio's difficulties. Attempts to secure funding for Neverland's future development have been unsuccessful.

The news follows a statement in August from Yoshifumi Hashimoto, a producer with Rune Factory 4's publisher, Marvelous AQL. Weeks after its release, Hashimoto stated that RF4 had performed well enough to "greenlight a sequel." Hashimoto also posted on Marvelous AQL's blog for RF4 after Neverland announced its closure, teasing that while the publisher's next title will "remain a secret," the staff members are doing well.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/11/30/rune-factory-lufia-developer-neverland-co-to-file-for-bankrupt/

... Wow... I play a lot of Rune Factory and this basically just makes me... I really don't know what to say. The games was a good mix between fighting and farming life. I guess I won't find another one any time soon.

May someone acquire it and produce more of these games or may it just... be a legend I guess.

i've been meaning to get rune factory frontier for months now...im sure when i play it and find how good it is i will be devastated for this news

T.T i hope this turns around i love the series...

Maybe Sega will buy them also

Maybe...or a big notable company who understands and respects Japanese games, especially JRPGs. Neverland and SquareEnix developed Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals, maybe Square(?), then again for awhile Square wasn't doing too well either. OMG, what is going on with all these companies???

well if a company thinks it will make them profit then the probability is high, but i think they would want to expand the audience so more people would be likely to buy it... well i hope for the best i do like the series but im not gonna have have my hopes too high because the likely-hood if that happening is probably really slim

Dang...And just when they started letting you play as a girl. I too hope some company will buy them. Fun games, so this is sad.

Eeeeh... Rune Factory series is one of my favorite :runaway:
Maybe because a lot of people doesn't buy the original games and play the roms instead?
I hope someone save them...

[MENTION=38786]Hinode[/MENTION]; [MENTION=60305]zad38[/MENTION]; [MENTION=73007]Langesha[/MENTION]; It looks like Rune Factory 4 won't be coming to Europe after all :( Sorry for everyone who lives there that was waiting for the game

The European production line for Rune Factory 4 churned to a stop this morning, after publisher MarvelousAQL canceled the game for the continent. The first 3DS entry in the Harvest Moon spin-off series was due in Europe this spring, having already been released in Japan and North America. Of course, that announcement came before the bankruptcy and closure of RF4 developer Neverland.

"We regret to inform you that the European release of Rune Factory 4 for Nintendo 3DS has been canceled," reads a MAQL Europe statement on distributor Zen United's Rice Digital site. "While MarvelousAQL has made every effort to secure the title's release for this territory, it is, unfortunately, not possible to do so at this time. MAQL and MAQL Europe would like to thank everyone for their support and enthusiasm for their European releases. Please look forward to announcements on new MAQL titles over the coming months."

We've reached out to MAQL Europe for more info. As for the Rune Factory series, there's been no news since Neverland's closure in November. Beforehand, MAQL series producer Yoshifumi Hashimoto exclaimed RF4 performed well enough to greenlight RF5. After the closure, Hashimoto said (via Siliconera), "As of now, it'll still remain a secret as to what kind of title we'll be releasing next, but I can say that the staff members are still doing great."

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/01/20/rune-factory-4-isnt-coming-to-europe-after-all/

I believe [MENTION=38786]Hinode[/MENTION]; got a 3DS just to play RF 4 :sigh: sorry you won't get a chance :deadsad:

Reactions: uenchuceli

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.