A "REAL" anime game can it be done?

Yee199

Your Nii-chan
Elite Member
Jan 1, 2013
I have always wondered can an actual anime looking game be done?

No not these kinda of graphics!
star-ocean-the-last-hope-international.jpg

This as the in game graphics!
Star-Ocean-The-Last-Hope-Box-Art_Top.jpg

well can it?

i imagine a "real" anime game would look similar to paper mario, but a different drawing style

[MENTION=28026]Selvaria Bles[/MENTION];

I see a difference!
vesperia-Flynn-and-Yuri.jpg

tales-of-vesperia-now-available-on-games-on-demand.jpg

Last edited:
FF tactics (PSP)
Rivieria the promised land (GBA)
Legend of Mana (PSX)
Phantasy Star (1, 2 and portable series)
Persona 1,2,3,4 and portable

Just a few I could think of right now.

Edit: Yes anime games can be made. Have been done so since the 80s I believe.

[MENTION=4809]Will98[/MENTION]; did you even read my post?
Reread look over it carefully!

he pretty much wants a game where the gameplay is animated to look just like an anime right?

I did read your post.

Which is why I included an edit.

Yes, anime games (in your case) have been mad for almost 30 years.

[MENTION=4809]Will98[/MENTION]; umm show me some examples?
(An example is the Persona series has anime pictures but the game play isn't)
^what I dont want.
VN's dont count!
[MENTION=40801]infamous[/MENTION]; Yeah thats what I am looking for.

Well excluding persona and phantasy star....

Riviera is a good game. All anime. for the game boy advance though.

Legend of Mana is another good one.

Hmm... you have a very... shall I say... finicky? need for these particular types of games.

Edit: Besides sprites.... I've got nothing else. :/

i'm telling you man, paper mario is as close as you're gonna get to what you want lol

Wait.... hold on there's a pc game I played a long time ago.

Some kind of anime sim or something. Last go for me, too tired to look for anymore.

[MENTION=4809]Will98[/MENTION]; Well I am just asking if its possible to make a game look exactly like an anime.
It would be super fun to control a character in an anime.
Imagine 1st person game with full anime surroundings. Just like the shows!
true epicness would be achieved

well, animes are 2 dimensional, while fp games are 3 dimensional. so far it's not really possible to make the kind of game you want

Bahaahaa! Funny how I'm supposed to keep people from going overboard on forum threads and here I am doing it myself.

Yes, the answer is yes! The tech is there. Nobody has the idea for yet. The only thing that works against your idea is that you don't want 3d elements. Just flat animated structures and characters.

Well Will. These current anime games always make their characters look too "glossy"

And boom! The vid isnt perfect but the idea is there. (no hentai scenes)

see that's what i don't understand about it. you can't have 3d in a 2d environment, unless you want 3d world, with basically backdrops as all buildings and walls

[MENTION=40801]infamous[/MENTION]; Its all about perspective!
Perspective can make a 2nd environment come alive!!
I can imagine it now!!!
With lots of effort and time put into it I bet Developers can pull it off.
[MENTION=4809]Will98[/MENTION]; ^

I see what your wanting Yee...

The tech and the artist skills are available to make a game like that. But since you do not want any 3d renders or models... that's where the idea get's harder to bring to reality.

Having a game that is full anime with a 1st person view would be amazing. But if it was completely anime (2d, nothing else) it probably wouldn't be exported over seas. It would probably only stay in the country that made it.

What makes your idea even harder to produce is that the game industry isn't focusing on complete anime style. It's all hard and shiny 3d models. With detail so sharp you would find microbes floating around on the models skin layer.

So yeah, your idea is completely possible, but no one has come up with an idea on how to make a 1st person anime game that would be appealing as completely 2d.

[MENTION=4809]Will98[/MENTION]; First person VN's will make the fanboys wet there pants!
(voice acting of course!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

vnimlove wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
reup please - 676387

upd
vnimlove wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
reup please - 1106310
lgbtgenshinasianhate wrote on Shine's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/✨shine✨-240328-rad-revel-【10日間限定ドスケベ4大特典付き】【全編お下品オホ声】x【全編お下品ねっとりベロチュー】低音〜ドスケベワイフ〜相愛子作りお下品チン媚びドスケベねっとり孕ませ交尾-rj01166786.1461947/
Hi,Please re-upload the file as this file is throwing an error "not compatible OS", and it does not start after trying compatibility mode as well.
somacruz63 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.