PS2 Game Suggestions

Ranley

Loner/Lurker
Elite Member
Jan 24, 2011
So, as the title says, what games would you suggest? I'm looking for RPG games or any other you really liked and would like to recommend~

So far I have: Ar Tonelico 1&2, Tales of the Abyss, Twisted Metal Black, Silent Hill, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid and Devil May Cry~

Hmm KH2? xD

You should try Persona 3(FES) and Persona 4, FF X, Disgaea 2, the .hack G.U. trilogy. , Odin Sphere, Radiata Stories and Xenosaga.
Those are a few of my ps2 favorites... If you need more suggestions just tell me. xD
I <3 Ps2. ;p

Reactions: Ranley
With "Kingdom Hearts" I also reffered to it's sequels xD. Anyway, that's a good start, I'll do some research on those titles later.

Thanks Blue~

PS: If someone has something to add, feel free to do so ;)

Last edited:
my recommen for RPG game:
- Suikoden - Konami series (S3, S4, S5, Rhapsodia)
- Tales of - Namco series (Destiny, Destiny 2, Symphonia, Rebirth, Legendia, Abyss, Fandom Vol 2)
- SMT - Atlus series (P3, P3F, P4, SMT DDS AT 1, SMT DDS AT 2, SMT 3 Nocturne)
- Disgaea - NIS series (La Pucelle Tactics, D1, D2, Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom, Odin Sphere, GrimGrimoire, Soul Nomad)

[-_-]

If you like Silent Hill, I recommend you with Temco's Fatal Frame II:Crimson Butterfly !
I think that's the best game I played on PS2

@Arcued: Well, I'm already playing a SMT title (Persona 4) and a Tales of (Abyss)~ Thx for the suggestions though, I'll investigate all of them and see which ones interest me the most :P

@Magic: Well, I do like Silent Hill so I'll look at that game when I have time (I'm busy atm ._.), thx for the suggestion~

ICO and Shadow of Colossus ~ ..
God of War 1 & 2 . . ~
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria ~
Resident Evil 4 ~

Games i played that i think you might like ~ . .

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply~

Hmm, Shadow of the Colossus and VP are on my list; I dont really like GOW series but I might as well give it a try to see if my opinion has changed~

Thanks for the suggestion schizo~ I just have one question, what do you mean with "ICQ"? I have trouble figuring out what that is and Google isn't helping either xD

ever been playing project alchemist series by gust ?

its genre is RPG + Visual Novel/Simulation,
the point in this game is to create an item by alchemist, and had a massive in-depth story,
mostly its dialogue contain comedy genre, and the other you will get some drama (and romance),, :D

there is currently 10 tittles for PS2 (A01-A10), 3 for DS (DSA 01-03),
2 for ps3 (A11-A12), 1 in progress for ps3 (A13) atm,,

here is the list for ps2:

(A01) Atelier Ellie
(A02) Atelier Marie
(A03) Atelier Lilie
(A04) Atelier Judie
(A05) Atelier Violet
(A06) Atelier Iris 1
(A07) Atelier Iris 2
(A08) Atelier Iris 3
(A09) Mana Khemia 1
(A10) Mana Khemia 2

as for A01-A05 it has a simple turn based RPG battle,
starting A06-A10 it step more towards RPG as it have more advanced RPG like turn based battle,,

(extra information, for DSA 01-03 it follow the former, and A11-A12 at PS3 follow the latter)

[-_-]

sorry. its ICO , i'll already edit my post.. above.. ~

ICO is prequel to Shadow of Colossus..

oh for the those of RPG. if you're tired of Japanese RPG try: ~ Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance I & II

or else try Growlanser Series ~ its a tactical RPG. (Growlanser 2: The Sense of Justice; Growlanser 3: The Dual Darkness; Growlanser:Generation, Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of Time, Growlanser V: Heritage of War and Growlanser VI: Precarious World
Dragon Quest VIII
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter `~ . .

. . .~

@Arcued: I already decided to download Mana Khemia, I'm just too lazy to do it atm xD

@Schizo: Ah, no wonder I couldn't find any info~ I'll look for info about Growlanser and see if it interests me.

I'm currently downloading other stuff and also busy because my exams are going to begin soon (>_<), but I promise I'll look for them as soon as I finish with school~! :D

@ Ranley

Growlanser & Langrisser series, try both,,

as for the genre, it is RPG
as for the gameplay, it is turn based
as for the story, it is more to visual novel
as for the character art, it is consist of bishoujo & bishounen

you will like it if you love eroge,, :D

as the charcter maker / artist, is often to do hentai doujinshi and have done several hentai ova,, :D

[-_-]

^ Will check all of them as soon as I finish with exams, thanks~

Pretty much every good RPG/JRPG has already been suggested, so i'll suggest what isn't here:

Final Fantasy X : everybody knows this, good RPG nonetheless.
Ar Tenelico : Similar to Ateliar Iris, except in a more future setting.
Ar Tenelico 2 : above.
Zone of the Enders : The Second Runner : Awesome robot-anime action game.
Gungrave : The anime is based off the game, which is a nice action heavy to break out the slow RPGs
Shining Force EXA : Action-Adventure-RPG ? whichever. It has anime characters.

If you need more suggestions outside RPGs do tell.

I already have AT 1 and 2; FFX is on my list.

Will check the others as soon as I finish with my exams, thanks~

I am like more then a year since i touch my ps2 though, and my fav game is .Hack G.U, and thats my only rpg for my ps2 anyway

One game I think you should play is steambot chronicle/ bumpy trot. It's not that well known but it sure is an unique RPG in my opinion.

You should take a look at the games produced by Clover studio, a talented japanese team. They have released on ps2 Okami, viewtiful joe 1 & 2 and God hand. All these games offer dynamic gameplay and great graphic / animation especially okami.

i kno its been said but .//Hack G.U. vol 1, 2 ,3 were great 3 me and im a big RPGer if ur a dedicated RPGer u might Appreciate Star Ocean Till the end of time, 3 disks long and several planets to explore....*sigh* memories

Here's one that not too many people know about:

The Bouncer - Square Soft. One of their unpolished gems.

Some of these may have been mentioned, but here's some of my fav PS2 RPGs if your still looking for some suggestions:

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
Tales of the Abyss
Tales of Destiny 2 (in jap, but it's probably my fav ARPG battle system :) )
Tales of Destiny
Rogue Galaxy
Persona 3 FES
Persona 4
Mana Khemia (crazy synthesis concept)
Dark Cloud 2
Xenosaga Episodes I-III (epic storyline)
Tales of Symphonia (cool extras, the NGC ver. didn't have)
Digital Devil Saga 1-2
Final Fantasy X: International (RPG everyone know about)

There's probably much I haven't mentioned, but I put these @ the top of my list ;)

EDIT: forgot the .hack series and Radiata Stories, I'd also recommend them of course.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。