Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Kinematics are my field Ice Bird's Avatar
    Thanks
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Re: Mmorpg Combat? Good or Outdated? Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by KingArturia View Post
    The thing you listed have nothing to do with action bar from my understanding. From my understanding, action bar is just nothing more than a place where you put your spells and a hotkey is assigned so whenever you press a certain button (e.g. 1,2,3,4 or q,w,e,r) then a specific assigned skills can be used. That's it, nothing to do with the base core combat mechanics on whether you wear plate/leather and take different type of damage. So if you're so against action bar, can you think of another way of how the combat can be operated? I mean I suppose MMORPG can introduce a different way of combat, much like the one in dark souls where you get different attack set depending on whatever weapon class you're holding, but that will reduce MMORPG to a mere hack and slash at best. Without using spells, the game will just be mere hack and slash, with spell you'll need some sort of place to put your spells in...unless you want to wave at the screen and cast your spells? (which is actually possible, because I personally own a set of LEAP motion technology and someone have assigned the whole WoW action bar onto how you motion your hand, its pretty cool)
    Updated my last message's end, didn't know you were writing that in between my answering.
    '' is just nothing more than a place where you put your spells and a hotkey ''
    True (well in wow you can bind melee attacks too (what I've heard from my mates) like hammer of justice... wait, well it's a spell?), that's what brings up with the mainstream combat, which is boggling my mind, I want something to change ''actually''!

'' I mean I suppose MMORPG can introduce a different way of combat, much like the one in dark souls where you get different attack set depending on whatever weapon class you're holding, but that will reduce MMORPG to a mere hack and slash at best.''
    You're wrong with that, it will make it be more essential than ever, you can fill, the action bar can be moved but not replaced with quick-time events (which most people tends to dislike), with like so said special attack button or something similar in Dark Souls & Skyrim has.

''Without using spells, the game will just be mere hack and slash, with spell you'll need some sort of place to put your spells in.''
    So, you mean Runescape by that? Actually it were only one, to introduce true ''hack 'n' slash'' system, but they arranged action bar over 3 years ago, which made its uniqueness to fade away, they lost approx. over 250k players in exchange of the combat update, which wasn't really community ''approved'' at all.
    Hack and slash, maybe is boring or considered harder, but it also brings to MMORPG genre another attribution. In that exchange where you drop out the hotkeys, you will get the gear switching; so the bridding is then even possible? (the gear switch - into a different fighting style), well in other hand that sort of combat might be quite dry, or null, well Away From the Keyboard, as I would say. To be honest, what else we have gotten? Pretty much nothing in between these extreme grinding & vanilla-Wow gambling, however you will get the daily grinding dosage with the both of these formulas, it's entirely up to you; how you're willing to play, casually or 'formally'.

''I personally own a set of LEAP motion technology--'' Haven't heard of that, well might google about it, though.
    Hmm.. which will take more nerves, to reach certain level cap & hang around/ than end out maxing all the 23 different skills taking each up to 150-300hrs to complete & after that see how the game has been nerfed to be, easier? I think the endgame value will be the same for both, but less people are willing to achieve the longer ''routine''.
    I would consider myself, a Semi-grinder, funny since I always tend, to joke about people whose playing more or lesser than I do which makes me not perfect even though I think I have all those 23 skills maxed out twice in a row. *cough* I do have a life outside my laptop's monitor, but I will save up my secrets for later discussing *gasp*.
    Feel free to edit my messages anytime soon.
    Last edited by Ice Bird; May 10th, 2015 at 09:08 PM.
    Ignore This Signature
    Anime, anime itself was the eternal mistake of our age. - George R. R. Martin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information