Harvest Moon/Rune Factory

NullanyThorm

May 11, 2013
I just thought about posting this, as I've been playing a lot of this game series lately. I love a lot of the Harvest Moon and Rune Factory series. I'm especially looking forward to Rune Factory 4 being released US-side, so I can play as a girl~ I thought this would be a nice thread to talk about Harvest Moons and Rune Factories, favorite bachelors/bachelorettes, favorite game, things like that :3

Well I've been with this series of these games developed by Nastume and other company from Japan since they released Harvest Moon SNES. Honestly speaking, it's pretty relaxing game to play if you don't like too much stress in your activities. With the exception of those who want to hands-down have a full clear for whatever reason it may be.

When they introduced being able to choose a gender other than male in the game, I felt it was pretty good idea since I know people from a dedicated Harvest Moon, Rune Factory and River King forum that loves playing one of these series. Personally I haven't played the latest version of Rune Factory 4 though.

Well, I'm waiting for RF4 to be available in the US, so I haven't gotten to play it yet either :/

I'm playing RF3 right now. I'm right near the end, where
my wife has gone missing in those ruins and I have to go find her

Talk about cheap D< But yeah... I'm a huge fan of the HM series. I've played quite a few :3 Including the normal ones - Animal Parade, More Friends of Mineral Town, Tale of Two Towns, so on

Relaxing you say?

Dude, RF is one of those games I play in a hardcore way. Got all the girls to full love and then save. Married all of them and never ever played again.

Hmm... I haven't played a single Harvest Moon/Rune Factory game.

I still love the one I played back in the in the playstation, HM: Back to the nature. I still wish they made another game with that kind of POV.

I still played Rune Factory 3 from time to time.

Relaxing you say?

Dude, RF is one of those games I play in a hardcore way. Got all the girls to full love and then save. Married all of them and never ever played again.

You know, I did that too and I still found it relaxing. I guess each to their own. And it's fairly easy still in my opinion. I mean, I came from the SNES generation of Harvest Moon where you don't have a Racksack to carry your goods and you only can carry one item at the time. So that's probably why I keep saying this is a relaxing game. I mean, I loved how some of SNES Harvest Moon events occurred.

Well, I'm waiting for RF4 to be available in the US, so I haven't gotten to play it yet either :/

I'm playing RF3 right now. I'm right near the end, where
my wife has gone missing in those ruins and I have to go find her

Talk about cheap D< But yeah... I'm a huge fan of the HM series. I've played quite a few :3 Including the normal ones - Animal Parade, More Friends of Mineral Town, Tale of Two Towns, so on

Yeah I know what you mean about RF 3 ending arc. Just the only complaint I have on RF 3 is the ever birthing children at the end.

I actually went from SNES HM to the current version of HM, missing here and there in terms of completions. So yeah, I still find it entertaining and relaxing comparing to my other games where it's very strict on the event pathing and so on.

There's even a HM online where you grow your own crops in your farm. Though it's in Japanese and comes under another name. A bit hard start if you don't know Japanese but it gets better over time from I have seen and experienced.

My first Harvest Moon was A Wonderful Life (Nami <3) for the PS2
I really enjoyed it at first, but once I started getting into other HM games, it kind of seemed a bit obsolete
I think my Favorite right now is either Animal Parade (Chase and the Witch Princess <3) or Tale of Two Towns (Cam and Georgia <3)

I'm playing through RF3 right now with intentions to marry Pia :D Cuz I just find her too cute in this quirky, weird way XD

my first harvest moon was on the nintendo 64. that's still my favorite, probably because it was my first. my favorite bachelorette is the blonde girl from that game

I really enjoyed it at first, but once I started getting into other HM games, it kind of seemed a bit obsolete
I think my Favorite right now is either Animal Parade (Chase and the Witch Princess <3) or Tale of Two Towns (Cam and Georgia <3)

I'm playing through RF3 right now with intentions to marry Pia :D Cuz I just find her too cute in this quirky, weird way XD

Have the voice over in Japanese and if you can read Japanese, she's quite something. It has a different feel from how it was translated in English.

my first harvest moon was on the nintendo 64. that's still my favorite, probably because it was my first. my favorite bachelorette is the blonde girl from that game

I... err... didn't see anything close to blond unless you're referring to Ann who works in the Green Ranch, south of the cross-roads when you're traveling to town. Brunette, yes, but there's no blonds in N64 Harvest Moon. And I have played it as well.

Have the voice over in Japanese and if you can read Japanese, she's quite something. It has a different feel from how it was translated in English.

I... err... didn't see anything close to blond unless you're referring to Ann who works in the Green Ranch, south of the cross-roads when you're traveling to town. Brunette, yes, but there's no blonds in N64 Harvest Moon. And I have played it as well.

To Those Who Want Rune Factory 4

"On the other hand, those who are Rune Factory fans will be glad to hear that XSEED has announced a Summer 2013 NA release for Rune Factory 4. They are also releasing several games in 2013 from the Ys series, Valhalla Knights 3, and the new Suda51 game, Killer is Dead. "

Well there you have it. I won't mention where I got the source but it's one of the forums I've been with for Harvest Moons games. So the source from them is usually reliable. I have a funny username over there too which depresses me a lot.

i was talking about karen. i haven't played the game in a long time, so i was mistaken lol

i was talking about karen. i haven't played the game in a long time, so i was mistaken lol

Makes sense. The only blond that came closest to what I thought was Muffy, Flora, Julia, Witch Princess, Lanna and Laney. With that said, I'm pretty sure I missed a few as well.

@HatoriTakaya
Hm, unfortunately, I don't really know how to read Japanese that well :/
Oh well -w-;; Maybe I'll check it out some time in the future

@HatoriTakaya
Hm, unfortunately, I don't really know how to read Japanese that well :/
Oh well -w-;; Maybe I'll check it out some time in the future

Well if I had the skills to rip out the files of NDS and be able to read them in raw format, then I could just post the rough translation of some of the characters. I'm terrible in typing out Japanese and sometimes reading isn't my best skill at this point. It's just I have been informed and went to read some of it. It just has a slightly different feel from Japanese Version and English Version in terms of Character Personality expressed and the voice files associated to it.

Ah, I see ._. Well, I'll have to check it out some time
Maybe look it up on google or something >W< I dunno

I started from the first one and was hooked ever since waiting for the latest versions to come out:)

ive only recently started harvest moon and haven't played rune factory but from what i played they are decent games, im currently playing grand bazaar and waiting for the price of a tale of two town's to go down, hope it will prove worth the wait

ive only recently started harvest moon and haven't played rune factory but from what i played they are decent games, im currently playing grand bazaar and waiting for the price of a tale of two town's to go down, hope it will prove worth the wait

It's worth while to play. I can give you that. Same graphics and mechanics, just a bit more tweaked to farming and animal care without the bazaar. You will on the other hand work to complete requests, where possible, win festivals and ultimately complete the final goal while enjoying your time building relationships with both villages. You don't even need to rush to complete it since you will complete it with relative ease so you don't need to plan too much ahead except corps and farm extensions.

^Holy %$^#, what did I watch and hear for 5 hours!?!

Anyway, yeah it's quite addictive and relaxing if you take it easy on the game. Don't be like me who does the following in Island of Happiness (First time and it was pretty hard to get it set up perfectly like this):
  1. Grow a bunch of turnips and run a right schedule
  2. Pick up certain stuff to sell for more seeds
  3. Use the weather to grow the turnips en masses
  4. Buy the first two bridges with the wood in the package
  5. Win certain easy events in Spring to early Summer for Orange Stones
  6. In the same time from late Spring to early Summer, mine and earn over 500k G to 1 million G per run
  7. Eventually earn triple the previous profit and stack tons of food for each run to accelarate profit per 1-4 days
  8. Get bored after making ton of money in a short time while buying out building in short order. (E.g. Expand Chicken Coop and Animal Barn before Green House, etc.)

Just take it easy and you'll pass the time pretty easily for these games. There's like no time limit on HM and RF unless you play HM 1 - 3 where there's like a two and a half to three years time limit to complete the game. There's a few others as well in the older series where you have a time limit to complete certain things or goals.

nearly completed grand bazaar, if you can really call it complete... but after that onto island of happiness!

I play only harvest moon, the version on GBA, i guess. It's fun game. :)

Yep that game was pretty fun. Funny thing is that the GBA is a port of the PS Mineral Town. So if you want a 3D version, try that one out and you'll have a 3D experience of the same game.

nearly completed grand bazaar, if you can really call it complete... but after that onto island of happiness!

Have fun playing Island of Happiness. Make sure you don't feel too overwhelm when you have build everything back at the start. Some people take months in game to get it up and running. Just don't be disappointed if you hear people being able to build it back in less than two months in game, in a legit manner. They're just really used to the game mechanics and know how to control the weather somewhat with good planning and mechanic abuses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks