best RPG game poll

what is the best RPG game ever?

• Total voters
no Legend of Zelda . . .

most of the choices are from playstation 2 console . .. ~

Last edited:
Zelda is not much of an RPG, but that is mostly a definition question. :P
What is lacking are games like Ar Tonelico, Disgaea, Dragon Warrior, The Elder Scrolls, everything Bioware...

Well, if you'd list every great RPG (series) you'd have around two hundred options at least. ;) Maybe the question is better asked without a poll, being open for everything. :whistle:

Reactions: Sigfenmil
this is why i added the other option, because if i listed all the greats the list would be 100 or more

hmm.. for non JRPG ~ diablo series stands out for me as the best RPG . ..

for JPRG ~ Final Fantasy series, dragon quest series, parasite eve 1&2, shin megami tensei series are great RPG as well.

oh i don't forget the pokemon as well . .

yea, although there are tons of good stories in most JRPGS, the most fun in overall sense would be Diablo 2, then again by definition of RPG, Deus Ex & Fallout counts too

Funny, I never play any of those games in the list, except for 'Other'. It's addicting. :P
The longest RPG that I've ever played was Ragnarok Online.

Imo Final Fantasy is a series that has always taken the lead when it comes to RPG whether japanese or not.

For myself I would say the best rpg is Suikoden, the entire series is absolutely awesome in my opinion. A close second for me to the first installment of Suikoden would be XenoGears.

Why no love for the Tales of series?
Other than those I like the Shin Megami Tensei series as well

Kingdom hearts is my most favorite game ive ever played
and its also the only one ive played thats on the Poll soo~

Kingdom hearts it is for me! ^^

Xenoblade for the Wii too bad there isn't a North America release yet. It was release today in Europe and Australia gets its next month.

I did love the FF series, but I went and found Legend of Mana. By Enix, Oh! My Gosh! No story line, some of the most beautifulest animated graphics and you could do any quest in any order. Plus it had references from the rest of Enix's games.

Only for PS1

I like Wild Arms series. Because the story is interesting. Especially Wild Arms 2.

D2LOD, boy was that a lot of monster killing until I got into LLD. For a while there I had the best LLD Javazon on US west ladder server with a +4java/30Ias rare javs. She could hold her own even against some of the best LLD hdins and fire sorcs. I remember killing a high lvl pve fire sorc with her once, granted I stacked my fire res with noko ammy and hotspurs :). Man all the hours and hours of time wasted on that game only to loose it all because of d2 loader so I could run multiple chars for xfers.

Otherwise as a consol game, my favorites are the Final Fantasy series starting from FFIII in the states on super nes. I stayed up two nights in a row and still went to school to beat that game :).

Thought I still had an s/s of my LLD Javazon's gear, but only have my LLD Fire Sorceress.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.