Any japanese indies

ansharz

Trusted Member
Sep 9, 2012
I got a feeling that there are a lot of Japanese indie and fan made games out there and it's a shame to miss out on those.

Do you guys have any recommendations for any Japanese indie and hobby or fan made games?

Some of the ones that I hear good things about:
Ao Oni - have not played but it's supposed to be a pretty cool horror rpg
Seraphic Blue - seems like one of those rpgs with a focus on an epic story

Hmm... Maybe

Misao
The Witch's House
Mad Father - multiple endings, great storyline and nice soundtrack
Ib - great soundtrack, eerie atmostphere, great storyline and has multiple endings, simple puzzles

I'm not sure whether these games are Japanese indie or not so correct me if i'm wrong. "To the moon" is really good also. I've not played Ao Oni, just watched the "Let's Play" on youtube and it's awesome :) (the story is pretty much straightforward though)

Have you tried Yume Nikki and the fangame based on Yume Nikki called .Flow?

I have not tried .Flow but did play yume nikki and I just couldn't understand it. I know it's very popular but I just could get into it. Nothing against it I just didn't know what to do so I stopped playing.

Btw, I know there are also many fan made visual novels and sound novels, are there any good ones?

The only fanmade visual novels I know in my mind right now is some Chobits fan visual novels. I am not really familiar with sound novels aside from what Ryukishi07 has made. Have you tried the fan made Ragnarok online hentai puzzle game called Porindama?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

dragonhearts wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Thank you for uploading the previous request. I am collecting the works of サークル 4's Circle. This and This All links are dead. If you have any data, can I ask you to re-upload it?
a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.