RahXephon

rahx

Trusted Member
Jul 31, 2012
Hello I'd like to request RahXephon (tv series) bluray 720p by CherryBoyz. I think their version might be better than OZC's.

Thank you.

Reactions: lconklejean
Well, apart from the fact that their subtitles are Korea, did you notice that their release information is full of factual errors, the episodes are encoded as CBR at way too high a bitrate for 720p, and that each of the screenshot "comparisons" between the original and encode links to identical images (check the URLs)?
Sorry, but that is too dodgy for me to touch with a ten-foot pole. I'd recommend staying with OZC's 1080p.

You can easily switch their subtitles by english ones. I don't see the problem with a high bitrate if the quality is good (I don't know too much about encoding though).
Concerning the screenshots, I don't trust them so I would have to make a comparison myself to be sure. But what made me say that their version could be better is the fact that I actually compared their encoding of the movie with your screenshots of the movie encoded by OZC and there is a difference (CherryBoyz are better). So I thought their version of the series might be worth your time (maybe I'm wrong).
I can send you some screenshots if you wanna see by yourself.

Anyway thank you for reading.

Edit : here is a screenshot http://i.imgur.com/8WqV4Cl.jpg
and this is your screenshot http://ignis.anime-sharing.com/vaul...e_-_Pluralitas_Concentio.mkv_002251.833_1.png

Last edited:
Given the bitrate they've used, you'd have to upscale screenshots of their encode to 1080p and compare that to the corresponding OZC version. There's little point in having a 720p that is as large as a higher-quality 1080p.
Also, keep in mind that differences between playback chains can lead to screenshots looking different from each other. That's why I use a separate player for screenshots altogether. ;)

I am not sure I have understood everything you just said (English isn't my native langage) but from what what I understand you think that because we're using different softwares or because they're configured differently my comparison is not relevant.

A few months ago I had taken screenshots of a series and compared them with the screeshots you made of the exact same series and it was all identical (to be sure I could trust your screenshots) so it should be okay. But maybe you're right and if you want I can download the OZC version of the movie and make an other comparison. (I'm really willing to do it, just ask if it helps)

I'm sorry to bother you with that but it's just that I love this series and I want to be sure to keep the best version available.

No, I said that there can be differences, not that there have to be.
Anyway, your screenshots shows two things:
1. CherryBoyz didn't remove the padding, leading to an unncessary increase in filesize and far worse
2. CherryBoyz's video is oversharpened, introducing very noticable ringing.
Based on those screenshots, OZC is likely closer to the source and definitely of higher quality. The thing is, CherryBoyz's video is damaged compared to the source and anyone that actually does prefer to have things sharpened to that amount could easily use post-processing on OZC's video.

To see the ringing, look at the black lines used in the two persons. It's especially noticable where their hair touches the mecha and around the back and shoulders of the guy.

Last, but not least, it seems CherryBoyz messed up the chroma - there's a noticable shift when compared to OZC and the later seems to have more natural colors. To determine with certainty who messed up the colors, you'd have to compare the videos to the BDMV, though.

Wow thanks for the detailled reply. You're right it's oversharpened even though I like it and the colors doesn't seem very natural. Anyway I don't think CherryBoyz version is available anymore (torents are dead an no ddl) so I'll keep OZC version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

sswwwwss wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi, would you reupload the dead links for 幻想生物図鑑 series, especially with their html? I can't find them anywhere.
Also, do you happen to have older works from this series? Those works that don't even appear on offical site anymore.
Many thanks.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Btw, considering you have this, does that mean you have access to this one too? Just asking.

『角折魔王エリスの再生譚』体験版
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/201010-なぎり屋-叔母を貪る夜-ver23-03-27-rj302585.1298225/

Can you please Reup this?
Thanks as always for the good work.