[REQ] Samurai X 960p

vi0

Jul 8, 2012
Could you please upload Samurai X all seasons dual audio highest quality possible i think thats the 960p version.
Upload them to filefactory if possible.

Could you please upload Samurai X all seasons dual audio highest quality possible i think thats the 960p version.
Upload them to filefactory if possible.

Ah, yes... Samurai X over Rurouni Kenshin. I thought I was the only one who knew of its existence.....

Its actualy called Rurouni Kenshin Samurai X thats the US version. and it has 95 episodes.

To clear up some things:

"Rurouni Kenshin" is the Japanese name. "Samurai X" is the English name. Both refer to the same anime.
It has 94 regular episodes and 2 special episodes.
It has only been released on DVD, so the highest resolution available is going to be 480p (or maybe 576p, though unlikely).

Oh, upload is queued and should be done sometime next week.

[MENTION=29648]AnimeCool954[/MENTION]:
So, who worked on what edition (just need one or two voice actors from the main characters, so I can see if they show up in the credits once I find something to download)?
Also, do you know which companies released which version?

[MENTION=29648]AnimeCool954[/MENTION]:
So, who worked on what edition (just need one or two voice actors from the main characters, so I can see if they show up in the credits once I find something to download)?
Also, do you know which companies released which version?

"In 1999 Sony tried and failed to market the series in the United States as Samurai X via an existing company.[36] The TV series was later licensed in North America and released on DVD by Media Blasters. It started airing in the US on the Cartoon Network as a part of the Toonami Block on March 17, 2003, but ended at the completion of the second season. Sony Pictures Television International created an English-language version of the series, titled Samurai X, that airs outside of the United States." - Wiki

To clarify on the quality, when I watched it on Crackle on my 360, it was in HD. Probably 720p of course but the HD indicator still illuminated.

@ AnimeCool954
thanks for the extra info man your providing, i also think there's a 720p or like i saw a long time ago somewhere a 960p version of samurai X :p

@ AnimeCool954
thanks for the extra info man your providing, i also think there's a 720p or like i saw a long time ago somewhere a 960p version of samurai X :p

Yup, no problem. I'm more interested in the Samurai X series because I'm already used to their voices.

From what I found, the only differences between versions is the name it's been marketed under. ANN only lists one cast and given the length of the series, I doubt there are two different dub versions.
As for the HD issue - the series has never been remastered in HD. If it aired on TV as such, it's a studio upscale and not worth the time required to dig it out.

Now, without further ado, here we go:

Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan (Dragonfox DVD 0480p) (Dual Audio)

From what I found, the only differences between versions is the name it's been marketed under. ANN only lists one cast and given the length of the series, I doubt there are two different dub versions.
As for the HD issue - the series has never been remastered in HD. If it aired on TV as such, it's a studio upscale and not worth the time required to dig it out.

Now, without further ado, here we go:

Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan (Dragonfox DVD 0480p) (Dual Audio)

No offense, but there are definitely two different dub versions. I've confirmed this myself.

Then tell me what the differences are and how to tell them apart - like I asked six posts ago already.

By lack of evidence to the contrary and none to be found - and your steadfast refusal to deliver anything substantial in over a week.
And oh, that YouTube video is blocked where I live, so no dice there either.

Last edited:
After some more digging I found that there's an Animax Asia and a Media Blaster version.
The former is what was streamed on Crackle, to an unanimous bad reception. Every single comment about it describes it as bad - I guess there's a reason why no established distributor wanted to license it in the US.
Regardless, I'm not going to waste my time on an inferior version, studio upscale for a webstream or not - especially not if it's very hard to find (might have to do with the lack of quality, I don't know). As far as I'm concerned, this request is done.

I'll leave it up to [MENTION=29359]vi0[/MENTION] whether this should be moved into the filled or tough request section.

Reactions: vi0
I will be happy to take the encodings you uploaded, thank u.

I am sure now we wont find anything better. So my request is forfilled :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Khroad Law Professional Corporation is a multi-service law firm located in Brampton. We provide legal services in Family Law, Real Estate Law, Immigration Law, Corporate Law, Wills & Estate, and Civil Litigation.
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.