is it me or there are more game release with rape/violence, cheating etc.

ivory7777

Trusted Member
Elite Member
Apr 1, 2012
i see more and more games with themes like rape or any sort of violence or cheating instead of love story. i mean there are love stories but far few in between. game industry usually release what sells the most and is this what majority of the people prefer?

I thinks its just easier to write and sell.

The best selling and oftem the most expensive eroge are usually love themed which is why moege´s are oftem the "big boys". Love stories needs buildup, character development and interaction in order to make love flourish which is why they are usually more oftem than not witouth that much H-work.

Now with the cheapest eroges (Like the usual you find in DLSite) you find more rape/violent works because its so easy to write: rape needs no buildup since it only needs a rapist to want to rape and done, mindbreak dont need much else than lots of sex and making a character shift from not liking it to enduring it to enjoying it, NTR the protagonist and heroine are already in love so it just need the faceless bald old man to want to NTR the protag, monster rape just need the heroine being defeated by the monster and done.

Love is just the hardest to properly convey in order to sell it to a demographic and not to mention it cant really have that many fetishes like harcore ones can. And as they are usually cheaper they are more accessible and thus easier to sell.

Do you really mean *love*...or just stuff with more tame sex and free of violence?

The best selling and oftem the most expensive eroge are usually love themed which is why moege´s are oftem the "big boys". Love stories needs buildup, character development and interaction in order to make love flourish which is why they are usually more oftem than not witouth that much H-work.

Now with the cheapest eroges (Like the usual you find in DLSite) you find more rape/violent works because its so easy to write: rape needs no buildup since it only needs a rapist to want to rape and done, mindbreak dont need much else than lots of sex and making a character shift from not liking it to enduring it to enjoying it, NTR the protagonist and heroine are already in love so it just need the faceless bald old man to want to NTR the protag, monster rape just need the heroine being defeated by the monster and done.

Love is just the hardest to properly convey in order to sell it to a demographic and not to mention it cant really have that many fetishes like harcore ones can. And as they are usually cheaper they are more accessible and thus easier to sell.

that make more sense, i never thought of that way.

Do you really mean *love*...or just stuff with more tame sex and free of violence?

love as a well develop relationship or even consensual sex even without involving love and also free of violence. anything except the rape or torture and maybe cheating and blackmailing. cause i find cheating to be also very common theme.

are you talking doujins or visual novels? because for doujins i don't really see that as an obstacle but if for a visual novel to craft a good love story it takes time.

Good rape and non con/blackmail stories also need buildup, that's what separates a crap story from a good one, and it's true whether the game is about love or a nukige.

Good rape and non con/blackmail stories also need buildup, that's what separates a crap story from a good one, and it's true whether the game is about love or a nukige.

You dont really need much to make rape stories, thats why many HRPGs are usually just female MC losing a fight and getting raped.
Sure even rape stories benefit from good story and buildup but for the most part the best selling rape HRPGs are those where the rape just happens as a gameplay mechanic rather than the result of a build towards it.

Do not think this is the case... usually vanilla is separated into many genres. So you have mystery, historical, etc.
Many types of "vanilla" NTR but vanilla is usually not categorized cuz it's sorta expected...

Meanwhile, almost all NTR work is lumped into NTR label, so it can be mystery NTR and it would still get lumped into NTR.
So NTR sections seems inflated while other sections don't seem to be, because of this reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

chocorn wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi shine,
This game update on March 26th
Can you please update it?
kyou159357 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you re-up this mexashare? Thank you.
lulu1104 wrote on Lebedev's profile.
VALENTINE PINK died also
lulu1104 wrote on Lebedev's profile.
HoneyComing re:coming part 9 died all links, can you reupload it please