Your opinion about "G-Senjou no Maou" (The Devil on G-String)?

pumasrevenge

チェックメートだ
Contributor
Jan 9, 2012
Only one question:

What's your opinion about G-Senjou no Maou?

To be honest, G-Senjou no Maou was my first eroge ever. Since that time I played every possible eroge (only english ones). Since two months I also play japanes eroges with ITH & Translation Aggregator. But that's enough about my "history" with eroges :D

I became aware of the game because of the opening song ("Answer" from Katakiri Rekka). Nothing else to do, I downloaded the game in english. Once started, I couldn't stop to read.

In the end, my first eroge was also the best I've ever read. The story was incredible, I loved the characters ... I loved nearly everything about it. I can't describe it with words.

Well, what's your opinion?

And does anyone know if there's a sequel in development? :)

It's a kamigee (神ゲー), one of the best of its time. No mystery/suspense genre fans should miss this. Unfortunately it was also the last game the scenario writer (Looseboy) worked on before he went MIA.

As for sequel I really doubt it given the true ending, as well as the fact that Looseboy's possibly left the writer scene. Even if it does happen it's likely going to have to be all new characters and all new scenario writer (and Akabee's substitute for him have been pretty horrible), and I reckon it'd be really hard to surpass the original.

That's really sad :( Do you know any other eroges with an english translation written by Looseboy? Or any other eroges as good as G-Senjou?

I've already played Sharin no Kuni and Fate/Stay Night (and many others, but nothing noteworthy in comparison with this two), but I don't like them as much as G-Senjou :)

For me is G-SnM. the first english-translated v.-game, and i wish one spin off from this game...

Last edited:
g senjou was really great i played it in all in one go ive only done that for sengoku rance and steins gate before it had a great main story and it was fun to read but if i had to point out what i didn't like it was the fact that the main char wasn't of much use other than gathering money and thugs and the fact that the other heroines routes were rather bland but you can hear these complaints pretty much anywhere >.> btw i have sharin no kuni on my comp but i haven't really gotten around to playing it yet is it as good as ive heard?

Main character was indeed pretty useless, but his character built up towards the end and sort of became a dark hero. He's one of my favorite main characters of all time.

As for Sharin no Kuni it's less of mystery and more of human drama. There are still those amazing twists and wtf moments expected of the same writer, however.

idk if we need to put spoiler alerts here but this is one
-
yea i was pretty shocked when the girl got shot in the prologue of the game >.> im torn between these types since they have good story but i always get over aggravated when i see shit happening that i dont like such as said girl getting shot i dont like it when girls get shot >.>

btw i have sharin no kuni on my comp but i haven't really gotten around to playing it yet is it as good as ive heard?
I don't like Sharin no Kuni as much as G-Senjou (like I said above), but it was also one of my favorites out there. But I would say if you play Sharin no Kuni, you should also play the fandisc, which explains something about the story :)

For more information see orisa's post.

idk if we need to put spoiler alerts here but this is one ...
Yeah, I was pretty shocked too. And the whole was much worse after the fandisc. Man, she was better than a few of the other heroines in the game. I wish there would be an ending with her, but no -_-

But in the end, I forget it really fast, because there are hardly scenes where she is mentioned ... until I played the fandisc :D

I didn't care for gsenjou much, especially haru's route. Perhaps it was the route progression I didn't like, as it seemed to work better for sharin no kuni. In anycase, I enjoyed wlo far more... /me flees

What was your opinion on kourin no machi?

What was your opinion on kourin no machi?
Haven't tried it so far, because it's difficult for me to play an eroge with much story with ITH & TA. But thx, I will try it after Princess Lover! and Fault!! ACE ... maybe I will play Aiyoku no Eustia too, because the english trial was very interesting.

Before I begin with Kourin no Machi, how are the endings? Because I don't like endings where the heroine get's killed or dies in the end. Or something frustrating like in Cross Channel -_- However, if they are like in G-Senjou or Sharin no Kuni, then it's fine :D

[MENTION=13204]pumasrevenge[/MENTION] Happy end if thats what you are asking, and I wouldn't have it any other way. damn muvluv.

Reactions: pumasrevenge
Thx man, I will definitely try it out :) I wanted to download Muv-Luv too, but yeah, read a review about this and there were "some" spoiler ... in the end I was glad that I haven't downloaded it :D

I know this one is very well-received.. however I was just bored by it
uninstalled after an hour or two of play.. which left it at about 60% in my own scoring

the 'writing' was not bad in my memory, otherwise it wouldn't even last 5 minutes. but I just couldn't get engaged into the story

hmm i have play a fair few vns lately and i only just finished playing G-Senjou no Maou and i like it and the routes in there own way although i rekon Usami and Shiratori routes were the best, although i wish he didnt take them blame at the end i kinda had a feeling it was coming although i like the reunoin at the end with Usami when he gets out of jail, a great ending. the thing i like most about it is the music.

...although i like the reunoin at the end with Usami when he gets out of jail, a great ending...
You're definitely right there. Man, I shed many tears during the true end, beginning with the conversation on the terrace of the apartment until the reunion :dontleave: :happytears:

Somehow I really want to replay it, simply because of it's epicness, but on the other hand I don't want to shed tears again.

BUT there's a place for G-Senjou in my heart, 4ever and ever!!! (and I can say this just about one VN besides G-Senjou)

BUT there's a place for G-Senjou in my heart, 4ever and ever!!! (and I can say this just about one VN besides G-Senjou)

let me guess, majikoi?:thumbup:

You don't give opinions about G-senjou, you worship it:harpangel:
It's one of those thing that were so good it gave me trauma
Actually I'm traumatized by pretty much any novel from akabesoft

One thing about G-senjou (and some other akabesoft novel)....the antagonist, the villians !
in case of G-senjou no maou, it's the yakuza boss
They give me heart attacks
They're epic, true. But I can't get my self to like them.
They were given too strong of a character, and they're more like "hard-assed old men with values that are too harsh for teenagers full of hopes and dream to comprehend" than actual villian. It's good to have depth to antagonist but when the depth is taken too far, it makes me feel hard to deal with these characters, and so make it hard to accept them. They were too frigging good at what they do. Even if the main character win at the end they never managed to really win against the antagonist.
It makes the end when the main character managed to pull something off against these antagonist that much more epic but that's toward the end, It still have this "won but never actually win" feel. And apart from the final of the arc, the rest 90% of the novel where you have to interact with them, is hell.

let me guess, majikoi?:thumbup:

You don't give opinions about G-senjou, you worship it:harpangel:
It's one of those thing that were so good it gave me trauma
Actually I'm traumatized by pretty much any novel from akabesoft

One thing about G-senjou (and some other akabesoft novel)....the antagonist, the villians !
in case of G-senjou no maou, it's the yakuza boss
They give me heart attacks
They're epic, true. But I can't get my self to like them.
They were given too strong of a character, and they're more like "hard-assed old men with values that are too harsh for teenagers full of hopes and dream to comprehend" than actual villian. It's good to have depth to antagonist but when the depth is taken too far, it makes me feel hard to deal with these characters, and so make it hard to accept them. They were too frigging good at what they do. Even if the main character win at the end they never managed to really win against the antagonist.
It makes the end when the main character managed to pull something off against these antagonist that much more epic but that's toward the end, It still have this "won but never actually win" feel. And apart from the final of the arc, the rest 90% of the novel where you have to interact with them, is hell.
Hm, ok, first I asked myself the question how you knew that, but when I watch at my profil pic I understand why :D
And I wouldn't say that the yakuza boss (if we both mean Azai Gonzou) was an antagonist or villain. Ok, in the first half of the game I thought that too, but as he sacrificed himself ... ok, it was never really said that he sacrificed his life for the protagonist, but this situation changed my opinion of him ;)

Hm, ok, first I asked myself the question how you knew that, but when I watch at my profil pic I understand why :D
And I wouldn't say that the yakuza boss (if we both mean Azai Gonzou) was an antagonist or villain. Ok, in the first half of the game I thought that too, but as he sacrificed himself ... ok, it was never really said that he sacrificed his life for the protagonist, but this situation changed my opinion of him ;)

well, for someone who tell a guy to " eat" his daughter up

he's either a villian, or a really awesome dad
your pick:mafiaboss:

hmmm g-senjou is the first vn i played not for the sake of the heroine, i played it for the sake of the story itself, the art was average not that good but wasnt bad either... but the quick wits war was the main course for g-senjou and weirdly im enjoying it :D

Reason to play G-Senjou (Which real talk...I initially thought it read in the english title: The devil in the G String and I imagined :redface: huhuhuh..). One Sentence: Jun Fukuyama's voice is orgasmic. There! Go play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks