Thread: Visual Novel Cafe

Thanks
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Re: Visual Novel Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by Kamichan View Post
    It's not like she is being "refined" to another type, since revelation of her other side i wasn't expecting that she'll keep continuosly saying"Do not speak my name in vain, I hate you" or something rude or even calling protagonist "あんた"(if default name) when she is dating with him. She was just a girl that can't be what she was thinking/planning because of her problems. She was raised like an ojou-sama but she is not like that and she's not a delinquent or salty girl to behaves like this. And i'm saying this from someone that favorite types of heroines is with this claws.
    No, but I expected her to at least retain some thorniness or dominance, more or less at the level shown during the confession scene (especially if you let her confess).

...And no, he's not manipulative, all that he does is to restabillish the relation to an equal so the heroine don't keep nagging him without a comeback making him looks like a rag doll like most protagonists when faces a provocating/dominant heroine. The rest he let heroine decides what she wants and you can see this when he says "I like both" sides instead of choosing one.
    At this point in my reading (the first h-scene), she's pretty much at his mercy and he's dictating things with this air of self-assuredness. It's like watching Professor Layton in a pure love eroge. Well, I'm exaggerating, but still...

Well, the route and Yuuhi have much things to show you if you think this... Just be sure to enjoy your dose of diabetes.
    Thanks. Guess I'll ignore the guy and just enjoy the scenes.

(It would be fun if she calls the protagonist "あんた" if you choose other name for him. Don't know, I only play with default name.)
    Oh yeah. Hearing the heroine call out the protagonist by any name (even Works-kun) is nicer than the generic "you" or a silence.

I've finished first amakano after amakano 2 so what i've said is a fresh experience of someone that finished the game no more than 5 days ago: No, the protagonist of Amakano 1 overthinks a lot too and generally comes with a loop in his thought, not different about amakano 2 but like I said in my review Amakano 1 has more troubled/conturbed pace while Amakano 2 has more peaceful pace so you become more aware about his thought than the first amakano.
    I believe you to be right. My impression of the first protagonist was that he was much simpler and thus more agreeable. It's one of those cases where less is actually more.

(Who is perfectionist guy that you described?)
    What's this about again?

Thanks
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by amaimono View Post
    No, but I expected her to at least retain some thorniness or dominance, more or less at the level shown during the confession scene (especially if you let her confess).
    Really? In her confession scene she was just like a awkward girl confessing to guy and did not see more dominance than other heroine or thorniness in her confession. About protagonist confessing to her, I was WTF what out of character they are in this one. She was acting like "So yeah, you like me... You keep me waiting" with no reaction and is just strange to see protagonist acting like that after you made two routes before her and have been watching every confession. Besides, protagonist confession scene don't make any sense with what happens soon after that and even before so... Let's just forget about this one, this was really an awful experience for them.
    At this point in my reading (the first h-scene), she's pretty much at his mercy and he's dictating things with this air of self-assuredness. It's like watching Professor Layton in a pure love eroge. Well, I'm exaggerating, but still...
    Just like any eroge, does not matter what type of heroine, she can be the epitome of dominance but still can act shy and be lead by the protagonist when it comes to sex.
    Thanks. Guess I'll ignore the guy and just enjoy the scenes.
    Don't be so mean, after this game is possible you'll unfortunately drop on a vn with a Rag doll guy so why not enjoy the best at the best?
    Oh yeah. Hearing the heroine call out the protagonist by any name (even Works-kun) is nicer than the generic "you" or a silence.
    Well, the "あんた" was how she keep calling him when pretending hate him, so I thought if she call him like this you can be feel like she is "rude" Yuuhi with sweet side cuz this was her trait at that time.
    What's this about again?
    "Amakano 2 : *this doesn't seem right* > did something nice > *wait, it's still not right* > *thinking thinking* = I don't read this to learn about your thoughts, you manipulative jerk!"
    This was fun, looks like a perfectionist artist.
    Last edited by Kamichan; June 1st, 2020 at 08:45 PM.

Thanks
    Achievements:

So, second mini-review random comments of the month with 月の彼方で逢いましょう SweetSummerRainbow. It's tonework's, but it's also 'just a" fandisk, of 月の彼方で逢いましょう that is a game I mostly enjoyed but focusing on only one heroine whose route wasn't my favorite and with which I had quite a few issues, mostly in the second act. My opinion after going through this fandisk is actually the opposite, and most of my problems with it are centered on the first part this time, while the second was more enjoyable even though it doesn't escape the same trappings Rain's route suffered from in the first place.

Spoiler: Tsukikana SSR story light spoilers 
    Quite oddly enough, this fandisk chose to elaborate not only on what happens after the end of the game, but decided to also insert some events in between the end of the original game's school part and the beginning of the adult one. This part started out quite enjoyable, in pure fandisk fashion with a lovey-dovey couple enjoying some finally peaceful time together. Unfortunately, this sweet atmosphere doesn't actually last that long, as the game shifts from focusing on their relationship to... a movie shooting project in America during summer time. I found most of this movie creation process and explanation to be extremely boring and completely unrelated to what I wanted to read. In the background of this movie creation, there are some amount of character growth, mostly from Rain who starts doubting herself, wondering if she's really worthy of being Kanata's girlfriend as she is, while Kanata is too busy trying to find his calling (and we know from the original he'll end up failing so...) to notice it. Not the most happy mood, which is topped by many flashbacks of Rain's past in the USA (such happy memories, or not) and a return of the phone gimmick, something that already overstayed its welcome in the original game already. At the very least, this part serves to explain some of Rain's very significant behavior changes between the two parts in the original, even though the final scene kinda takes that away too.

The second part is more relaxed, focusing on the life of Kanata, Rain and their daughter Tsukiko as a family. We got a peek of Tsukiko at the end of the original game and it's nice to see more of her, but I'll admit it took some time for me to get used to her CV. The main attraction is the large amount of heartwarming family events, which made for a much more enjoyable read than the previous movie shooting. In typical toneworks' style the protagonist had to have his own moment to shine and show how cool and talented he is, which can't really be said for Rain who mostly plays the good wife/mother despite having a very high responsibility IT job. Kanata's project takes up a significant portion of the route and isn't the most fascinating to follow, and the constant praise he gets from everyone around him grows tiresome after a while. In the midst of all this, we also have yet again a brief return of the phone gimmick, allowing Rain to finally make amends with her parents. While nice, I would have preferred if the magic smartphone wasn't involved yet again, and this issue is something that was already mostly resolved at the end of Rain's route in the original.

Overall, the story is okay but despite taking its sweet time doesn't really add much to what was already said in the main game. There are some nice family CG to look forward to but I'll admit I was mostly disappointed with the H-scenes, most of these are pretty short one-CG sequences and involve situations that tend to be pretty maniac and not as sweet as I would have hoped (light SM, spanking, anal...).
    Last edited by kzel; June 2nd, 2020 at 12:52 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:

Really? In her confession scene she was just like a awkward girl confessing to guy and did not see more dominance than other heroine or thorniness in her confession.
    I took it as an angry confession and the guy pretty much just listen as she throws the kitchen sink at him. I love it.

Just like any eroge, does not matter what type of heroine, she can be the epitome of dominance but still can act shy and be lead by the protagonist when it comes to sex.
    From what I've seen so far, they have the same dynamics during the normal scenes. The guy's having fun teasing her left and right, pushing his ego, and dictating when and how things should be done. It gets better later, presumably.

Don't be so mean, after this game is possible you'll unfortunately drop on a vn with a Rag doll guy so why not enjoy the best at the best?
    Sorry, I'm very harsh in general, but even harsher when it comes to the titles I care about. I've come from being put off by the common route to really enjoying the dynamics between Chitose, Rei, and the protagonist. The key was to be patient and follow the slower pace of the story. As you mentioned before, you begin to notice more things when the pace is slower. The protagonist's actions and ideals happened to be something I don't agree with. Not his fault, though it detracts from the immersion.

Well, the "あんた" was how she keep calling him when pretending hate him, so I thought if she call him like this you can be feel like she is "rude" Yuuhi with sweet side cuz this was her trait at that time.
    Yeah, sure wish she's actually like that because they could then be off to their own world. She could still be sweet without being gentle.

"Amakano 2 : *this doesn't seem right* > did something nice > *wait, it's still not right* > *thinking thinking* = I don't read this to learn about your thoughts, you manipulative jerk!"
    This was fun, looks like a perfectionist artist.
    Ah, yeah. It was his comment when he saw her interacting with others, thinking something along the lines of "her personality still needs some work here". It felt really patronizing. Let her be her, dude.

@kzel: I felt little incentive to read SSR since it's not my preferred heroine but...
      Spoiler: a question 
    Did she get her parents back or not?

Thanks
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

From what I've seen so far, they have the same dynamics during the normal scenes.
    Err, some scenes can be very one-sided but is balanced later in story...
    The guy's having fun teasing her left and right, pushing his ego, and dictating when and how things should be done. It gets better later, presumably.
    I didn't see him teasing her or pushing something on her without she doing the same. Besides, I'm very aware and i'm really harsh when it comes to provocation/teasing from both sides, specially when is from heroine. Even dropped routes in VNs because of protagonist that just be embarassed and stutter when trying to say something everytime. I'm fond of Serious and Sharp heroines, which sometimes comes with a teasing personality, but only when protagonist make up on own feet to make a comeback creating a really nice chemistry.

Let her be her, dude.
    I've seen he doing this after confession, but the problem is that her insecurity just keep attacking her making protagonist very aware looking like he is very worried for nothing, but, no...this in fact is a problem. This aside, he let her be her.
    Last edited by Kamichan; June 2nd, 2020 at 04:27 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamichan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:

@kzel: I felt little incentive to read SSR since it's not my preferred heroine but...
      Spoiler: a question 
    Did she get her parents back or not?
      Spoiler: Tsukikana SSR spoilers 
    She doesn't, not in a literal sense anyway. There are no more timeline manipulations in this one, although Rain is shortly tempted to try and make everything and everyone happy, before realizing that such happiness would feel empty and fake. She does however, through some treasure hunting sequences the phone starts when at specific locations, get to learn more about her family's feelings (mostly her dad but her mom also) and especially how happy they were to have her and how they cherished their time with her, despite knowing the eventual outcome.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:

It seems the season for new game announcements has arrived, at least from companies/creators I used to care about.

First off, we have ASa Project, with their next project 恋愛×ロワイアル. This game will focus on, much like the previous game from the studio, a group of girls ready to use any means necessary to make the protagonist fall in love with them. It's Youka Nanoka again alone in the writing chair so we can expect a ton of unfunny jokes, a completely unlikable donkan protagonist undeserving of the girl's attention, and a large serving of love triangles or more to complete the awful mix. Sounds great!

Next up is Whirlpool, which continues its trend of low-priced games started with 猫忍えくすはーと. This time, it's about decadent life with dragon princesses in 竜姫ぐーたらいふ. Oumiya Yuu is in charge of the scenario as has been the case for anything Whirlpool lately, and pieces while flawed had some redeeming value (let's not talk about the recent fandisk that is only worth it for the ecchi scenes). Maybe if the scale is toned back his stories can finally make some sense and avoid the obvious contradictions/deus ex machinaes.

And finally, we have hibiki-works with another project apart from the upcoming resurrection of the xCation series: 水蓮と紫苑. Much like some of the best games in hibiki-works history, Iizuki Tasuku is in charge of the art but also much like hibiki-works most awful and bland story/characters Taira Norimitsu is in charge of the scenario, assisted with a nukige writer no less. We can probably expect another useless cowardly indecisive protagonist and heroines only here to provide him with all the sex he could ever want without a shred of desire, ambition or personality outside of that. At least the HCG might be good but the awfulness of everything else in 如月真綾の誘惑 prevented me from enjoying even that. Here's hoping they can prove me wrong but my hopes are slim.

Apart from that, I have been readings VNs here and there but nothing really worthy of a detailed writeup. The best that comes to mind is ダイヤミック・デイズ, and old Lump of Sugar game that managed to maintain my interest enough to finish it entirely, something extremely rare these days. It does feature on of the best childhood friend relationship progression I've read in a long time (Kisa), so there's that, but also some very questionable plot point and characters.

I've also recently dipped into 裸足少女's brand of nukiges and while the ecchi scenes are good and varied (if you can excuse their strange fascination for chinkasu), their useless donkan shota protagonists are extremely annoying and really put me off. 新妻こよみ is probably the safest in that regard but I still wouldn't call the protagonist likeable by any means.

Thanks
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points

How does everyone keep track of new releases? I used to use Micchi's blog to check for monthly update but now it's dead.

Currently playing:
    Cafe Stella to Shinigami no Chou

Japanese for erogamers

Haruoto Alice * Gram translation project

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteranThree Friends5000 Experience Points

Now I am just watching Getchu site. So sad that Michi site is dead.

Thanks
    Achievements:

I use Getchu's monthly release list and vndb's upcoming releases pages mostly. I also check the news via the galgame news section of 2dgal.

RIP Omochikaeri

Thread Information