Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    WOW #1 ParticipantWOW #2 ParticipantWOW #4 Participant

Re: Visual Novel Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by V1zi3r View Post
    call me an oddball but i actually find it easier to understand words if written in kanji than with kana and i read things slowly as to get all the detail before clicking next. i also always wait for the voice to stop before proceeding and now that you mention it japanese is my third languange, kinda make me want to pat myself in the back though im not even that proficient yet
    Once you get used to Kanji you'll start to get confused with kana alone...and all the kanas that could've been kanji might just end up being clutters.

I wait for the voice too. It helps with the kanji.
    Ignore This Signature
    Alone. It is said that our kind suffer, separated from the glory of Love. But none of us are ever truly alone. For our scholarly hearts are bound by knowledge...discipline...
    Learning is pursued in the name of the many...the studious, who generation after generation, chose the mantle-...of Dire Students.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by pingtoryan View Post
    Once you get used to Kanji you'll start to get confused with kana alone...and all the kanas that could've been kanji might just end up being clutters.

I wait for the voice too. It helps with the kanji.
    granted verbal japanese and their choice of kanji are waaay easier than literal ones like those glorified form like 終焉 or 証左 or technical terms

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

call me an oddball but i actually find it easier to understand words if written in kanji than with kana and i read things slowly as to get all the detail before clicking next. i also always wait for the voice to stop before proceeding and now that you mention it japanese is my third languange, kinda make me want to pat myself in the back though im not even that proficient yet
    Quote Originally Posted by pingtoryan View Post
    Once you get used to Kanji you'll start to get confused with kana alone...and all the kanas that could've been kanji might just end up being clutters. I wait for the voice too. It helps with the kanji.
    Lol. It is indeed as you both said.

Kanji is kind of broken given its origin but it's really funny that switching back and forth between three modes of writing actually makes you more used to the Kanji than the simpler kana.

============================================================
      Spoiler: rant 
    @KyoAni: I thought the suspect was an angry fan, but it turned out that he is a writer who was convinced that KyoAni plagiarized his work? Honestly, it's hard to believe. He might not have a chance if they went to the court, but still really sad that he chose to take matters into his own hands. Sigh, going to stop talking about this as it only makes me feel bitter.

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by amaimono View Post
    Lol. It is indeed as you both said.

Kanji is kind of broken given its origin but it's really funny that switching back and forth between three modes of writing actually makes you more used to the Kanji than the simpler kana.

============================================================
      Spoiler: rant 
    @KyoAni: I thought the suspect was an angry fan, but it turned out that he is a writer who was convinced that KyoAni plagiarized his work? Honestly, it's hard to believe. He might not have a chance if they went to the court, but still really sad that he chose to take matters into his own hands. Sigh, going to stop talking about this as it only makes me feel bitter.
    yes the history of kanji (literally chinese character) was perhaps the biggest failure of character adaptation in terms of original intention and yes time will heal erase everything so no use dwelling on it forever

Thanks
    Achievements:

So I played a bit of ロイヤルガーデン, up to the end of the common route actually, but after coming this far I have to say it's been pretty disappointing, and I'm stopping the game right there and now. The game actually started rather decently, with a protagonist focused on his acting job more than his relationship with the various princesses. The problem is, as the story progresses, that attitude gets looser and looser, with more and more risky and out-of-character behavior from the "prince" (leading to his discovery by one heroine pretty early), and ultimately culminating into a blatant betrayal of his employer's wishes for very dubious, shallow reasons. I just can't in earnest support this guy anymore.

The story itself quickly devolved from a closed high-society deception setting to a much more standard high-school rom-com. This wouldn't be bad it itself, and I'd actually prefer to do away with all the superfluous stuff and focus on that. Unfortunately by the end of the common route the game is already full of plot holes, and all the heroines are already more or less won over, so there's no real point in continuing. There would be if said heroines were more attractive to me, but I'm not really feeling Himesakura's tsundere act, Fiona's alright although certainly not acting as a British princess would and I really dislike the genius angle (not even mentioning the stuffed animal), and while Haruruko's aggressiveness is something I usually like she goes about it the wrong way (threats, really?), is generally annoying and slips up too much to earn any sympathy from me (that last phone call, really?). Yue sounds interesting but not to the point that I'd play any of the other three to get to her. The most appealing character in the game was actually the lively Natsuki, mostly because she's voiced by my personal favorite CV Akino Hana, but she's not an option anyway, and she stands out from the setting and story like a sore thumb.

Story is a no-go, characters range from meh to actual dislike, art isn't really my thing, music was largely unremarkable: I guess that's that. I'll just add the game to the (increasingly long) list of Azarashi's failed attempts to diversify. Just make Amakano 3 already!
    Veshurik likes this.

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by kzel View Post
    So I played a bit of ロイヤルガーデン, up to the end of the common route actually, but after coming this far I have to say it's been pretty disappointing, and I'm stopping the game right there and now. The game actually started rather decently, with a protagonist focused on his acting job more than his relationship with the various princesses. The problem is, as the story progresses, that attitude gets looser and looser, with more and more risky and out-of-character behavior from the "prince" (leading to his discovery by one heroine pretty early), and ultimately culminating into a blatant betrayal of his employer's wishes for very dubious, shallow reasons. I just can't in earnest support this guy anymore.

The story itself quickly devolved from a closed high-society deception setting to a much more standard high-school rom-com. This wouldn't be bad it itself, and I'd actually prefer to do away with all the superfluous stuff and focus on that. Unfortunately by the end of the common route the game is already full of plot holes, and all the heroines are already more or less won over, so there's no real point in continuing. There would be if said heroines were more attractive to me, but I'm not really feeling Himesakura's tsundere act, Fiona's alright although certainly not acting as a British princess would and I really dislike the genius angle (not even mentioning the stuffed animal), and while Haruruko's aggressiveness is something I usually like she goes about it the wrong way (threats, really?), is generally annoying and slips up too much to earn any sympathy from me (that last phone call, really?). Yue sounds interesting but not to the point that I'd play any of the other three to get to her. The most appealing character in the game was actually the lively Natsuki, mostly because she's voiced by my personal favorite CV Akino Hana, but she's not an option anyway, and she stands out from the setting and story like a sore thumb.

Story is a no-go, characters range from meh to actual dislike, art isn't really my thing, music was largely unremarkable: I guess that's that. I'll just add the game to the (increasingly long) list of Azarashi's failed attempts to diversify. Just make Amakano 3 already!
    haha that was rather quick of you to play (well it is weekend) I only went through haruruko route and at the end it kinda feels bland but it was ok for me. I also lately has been dropping various VN that feels boring or the plot angers me lately like the "I love black hair so much"(of course the title in japanese and its old VN) and Moonstone "summer nostalgia(eden)" and also namalove

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by kzel View Post
    Just make Amakano 3 already!
    Maybe they just don't have the budget? Hence the many short novels and re-releases.

haha that was rather quick of you to play (well it is weekend) I only went through haruruko route and at the end it kinda feels bland but it was ok for me. I also lately has been dropping various VN that feels boring or the plot angers me lately like the "I love black hair so much"(of course the title in japanese and its old VN) and Moonstone "summer nostalgia(eden)" and also namalove
    Since you've been reading rom-coms, I recommend Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi if you haven't read it. Its predecessor, Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka, probably has better story but also more drama. It was an era when feng was producing hit after hit and trying out unorthodox stuff such as using binaural sound during h-scenes or employing a VA who probably wasn't told she had to voice h-scenes too.

Thanks
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranThree Friends

Gotta thank you for Beat Blades Haruka's opening song.
    Here it is, if you want? https://drive.google.com/file/d/10So...CwYLdEoy4/view

Guys, you didn't know that Azarashi makes Amakano 2? No, it's not "Second Season", it's exactly Amakano 2. Well, just see that tweet.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Veshurik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Veshurik View Post
    Here it is, if you want? https://drive.google.com/file/d/10So...CwYLdEoy4/view

Guys, you didn't know that Azarashi makes Amakano 2? No, it's not "Second Season", it's exactly Amakano 2. Well, just see that tweet.
    Wow, thanks! I downloaded the mp3 version from vk (?), but this is even better.

@Amakano 2: Nice, didn't know that. I don't follow their blogs or their radio show.

Though... these surely can't be the heroines? Please not another Ruika/Bethly types.
    Last edited by amaimono; July 20th, 2019 at 12:28 PM.

Thanks
    Achievements:

Maybe they just don't have the budget? Hence the many short novels and re-releases.

Since you've been reading rom-coms, I recommend Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi if you haven't read it. Its predecessor, Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka, probably has better story but also more drama. It was an era when feng was producing hit after hit and trying out unorthodox stuff such as using binaural sound during h-scenes or employing a VA who probably wasn't told she had to voice h-scenes too.
    i've been wanting to play that long ago especially since i liked the anime (im into inaka setting) but i have this problem: my laptop screen is 16:9 1366x768p but the game max size is like 1280x720p which in normal game when you put it into fullscreen it can just put the display at center while the rest is black box right? but when i install it for some reason it cant do a full screen and the display is fixed on the left size with my background still displayed and i cant fix that

Thread Information