Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    WOW #1 ParticipantWOW #2 ParticipantWOW #4 Participant

Re: Visual Novel Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by V1zi3r View Post
    also does anyone here ever 100% completed a VN? just curious
    I got 5x5 variants of endings (both CG and lines change, and secret in main menu) for MeltyMoment before the walkthrough got that far (that or I just can't be bothered checking for updates)...that takes some reading between the lines and navigating accordingly.

...well, if that even amount to something, that is. Pretty sure "read all routes" is done by most if not all who are in here. Many people would just laugh (heck, even spit) at the prospect of VNs being called "games".
    Ignore This Signature
    Alone. It is said that our kind suffer, separated from the glory of Love. But none of us are ever truly alone. For our scholarly hearts are bound by knowledge...discipline...
    Learning is pursued in the name of the many...the studious, who generation after generation, chose the mantle-...of Dire Students.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

i dont like alicesoft games, for me they're like a comedic isekai games with a gameplay like eushully ones but inferior in story (the art is nice though especially in latter rance series)
    If Harem is your thing you shouldn't dismiss Alicesoft so quickly. Evenicle is the definition of a "love" harem making story, and has standard but enjoyable RPG mechanics. Rance is much more rapey (though mostly taken very lightly), but some of the games have very interesting gameplay mechanics that easily equal if not surpass Eushully's best. Try 戦国ランス if you haven't, it's the best of those I played (Sengoku to 9), I remember spending weeks on this game. One downside of the Rance series is that it's not voice-acted, though the recent remakes of the earliest are.

Apart from the isekai stuff, Alicesoft also makes "real world" games, stuff like 妻みぐい does feature some harem endings but be aware that most of these games also have a NTR element (but avoidable for those I played).

Quote Originally Posted by Veshurik View Post
    By the way, how long the Tsukikana is? 120 hours again, like Ginharu? Who complete the whole game already, can you express all your opinion in one comment, please, under spoiler? I just don't want to waste so big time on that game, to be honest, ahah.
    For the routes I played (Rein, Seira, Kanna, Kiriko, Kirari), it's about normal VN length, the common route is fairly short and actual routes are maybe a bit longer than usual (10-15h for the main heroines, 10h for Kanna, 5-8h for the other two subs). It's nothing like Gin'haru in terms of length.

also does anyone here ever 100% completed a VN? just curious
    Some VNs don't even have choices (kinetic novels), and you can just skip/auto your way to completion, so it's not really any kind of achievement. Unless you're talking about VN with gameplay elements, especially the more grindy types (Eushully with post game content, ugh).

I used to play all routes and unlock all CGs, not so much anymore. In fact my playstyle has changed over the years, I used to start with the least interesting character (to me) first and go crescendo, but now I go straight to my favorite and usually don't put up with characters I don't feel right from the start. The only games I do finish these days are games with true ending, although even those are becoming a rarity and it's getting more annoying than enjoyable. I haven't yet resorted to downloading saves to skip routes but that's a line I can see myself cross in the future.
    Last edited by kzel; July 18th, 2019 at 03:39 PM.

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by kzel View Post
    ....Alicesoft.... have very interesting gameplay mechanics that easily equal if not surpass Eushully's best.....
    I doubt it. I only ever played the pirate ring stuff from Eushully and sucked hard at it, but it feels like a real game. Alicesoft do usually have interesting mechanics, but they love to give you faux randomness such as predetermined roll of dice or scripted enemy action. That kinda defeats the point of having those mechanics.

I used to play all routes and unlock all CGs, not so much anymore. In fact my playstyle has changed over the years, I used to start with the least interesting character (to me) first and go crescendo, but now I go straight to my favorite and usually don't put up with characters I don't feel right from the start. The only games I do finish these days are games with true ending, although even those are becoming a rarity and it's getting more annoying than enjoyable.
    I second that. With a lot of eroges now having multiple writers and artists, route skipping seems so normal now.

============
    This is off-topic, but I'm s****ing myself at the news of arson at Kyoto Animation. What a sicko. I hope no one else, in particular the eroge companies, ever suffer this fate and hopefully this doesn't discourage the writers from writing bold stories.
    Veshurik likes this.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by amaimono View Post
    Not sure what this means. Just reading every available routes to the end? I think most of us have. If you're talking about getting 100% completions in eroge cum action RPGs such as Verethragna... Well, I have 100% completion in most of Sirius's titles except Demonion II.
    both. completing all routes (without skipping off course) in a regular VN or finishing all gameplay. The only VN I ever 100% fully read is just a short nukige. other than i mostly just pick a girl and be done with it at the end, moving to another game than another heroine. what luxury we have

Thanks
    Achievements:

I second that. With a lot of eroges now having multiple writers and artists, route skipping seems so normal now.

============
    This is off-topic, but I'm s****ing myself at the news of arson at Kyoto Animation. What a sicko. I hope no one else, in particular the eroge companies, ever suffer this fate and hopefully this doesn't discourage the writers from writing bold stories.
    I kinda feel guilty if i skipped. skipping H scene is one thing but skipping story makes me think if its that boring and unenjoyable than just drop it and move on. also i hope they gave the death penalty to that lowly arsonist and i hope to see him burn (though unlikely) for his sins. if you dont like something say it and be done with it otherwise we're all burning here and then

also multiple artist? does that explain the discrepancy of stand CG with event CG in some nukige and visual novel i played?

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by pingtoryan View Post
    I got 5x5 variants of endings (both CG and lines change, and secret in main menu) for MeltyMoment before the walkthrough got that far (that or I just can't be bothered checking for updates)...that takes some reading between the lines and navigating accordingly.

...well, if that even amount to something, that is. Pretty sure "read all routes" is done by most if not all who are in here. Many people would just laugh (heck, even spit) at the prospect of VNs being called "games".
    thats some dedication. I usually stopped in just one route no matter how good the game is mostly because the story is settled. even if there's a true route i never really bothered other than Yosuga no Sora sora's route which isnt that hard to unlock

Thanks
    Achievements:

I doubt it. I only ever played the pirate ring stuff from Eushully and sucked hard at it, but it feels like a real game. Alicesoft do usually have interesting mechanics, but they love to give you faux randomness such as predetermined roll of dice or scripted enemy action. That kinda defeats the point of having those mechanics.
    It's a tangent, but I don't think randomness is really needed to make an interesting game. Anyway, my memory may be rose-tinted by nostalgia, but I played Sengoku Rance years ago and it easily rivaled some full-price mainstream strategy games in terms of depth and strategy, and had a ton of replayability. I'd recommend it even without (despite?) the anime characters and rape elements. Rance Quest was an interesting take on the dungeon crawler genre, and Rance 9 was good too. Rance 10 takes its mechanics from mobile (gacha) games I hear, and I already play waste time enough on those already.

Yeah, I heard about it earlier today from some friends in Japan. I'm not an anime person myself (used to be 10+ years ago) so I don't really know what the studio produced, did they make particular bold stories or anything?

Thanks
    Achievements:

It's a tangent, but I don't think randomness is really needed to make an interesting game. Anyway, my memory may be rose-tinted by nostalgia, but I played Sengoku Rance years ago and it easily rivaled some full-price mainstream strategy games in terms of depth and strategy, and had a ton of replayability. I'd recommend it even without (despite?) the anime characters and rape elements. Rance Quest was an interesting take on the dungeon crawler genre, and Rance 9 was good too. Rance 10 takes its mechanics from mobile (gacha) games I hear, and I already play waste time enough on those already.
    Yes, randomness isn't a necessity. But when the game makes me roll some dices but it has already decided the result beforehand, I feel cheated. Granted, the game can be more navigable this way, but that's not very enjoyable.

EDIT: I never played Rance series, though, mainly because of the heroine designs and how they're unvoiced. Maybe these games have real gameplay and I just happened to play the worst example of Alicesoft gameplays (Beat series).

Yeah, I heard about it earlier today from some friends in Japan. I'm not an anime person myself (used to be 10+ years ago) so I don't really know what the studio produced, did they make particular bold stories or anything?
    Suzumiya Haruhi, Lucky Star, etc.. I too have stopped watching anime years ago, but there's a concerning trend here where the fans are becoming more proactive about their likes and dislikes. I rolled my eyes at stories of someone defacing manholes decorated with an anime character or dragging a figurine of a character they hate behind their car. This latest development though is bloody insane. I'm afraid someone will take extreme action toward companies who produce something they dislike, though maybe eroges don't have that broad of a market.

I kinda feel guilty if i skipped. skipping H scene is one thing but skipping story makes me think if its that boring and unenjoyable than just drop it and move on.
    A writer sometimes comes up with a brilliant idea but not much to write so they resort to fillers to pad out the story. These fillers have the propensity of being poorly written, so it's extremely acceptable to skip parts of even the best story you've ever read.

also i hope they gave the death penalty to that lowly arsonist and i hope to see him burn (though unlikely) for his sins.
    Japan loves death penalties, so it seems given he'll get that.

also multiple artist? does that explain the discrepancy of stand CG with event CG in some nukige and visual novel i played?
    Likely so. Just check vndb.
    Last edited by amaimono; July 18th, 2019 at 06:00 PM.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    WOW #1 ParticipantWOW #2 ParticipantWOW #4 Participant

thats some dedication. I usually stopped in just one route no matter how good the game is mostly because the story is settled. even if there's a true route i never really bothered other than Yosuga no Sora sora's route which isnt that hard to unlock
    But to tell the truth I have this tendency to get groggy and miss things here and there in such long readings in a third language...so it's not like I've read every kana and kanji.

Although the longer you're into it the more tempted you are to skip...
    Ignore This Signature
    Alone. It is said that our kind suffer, separated from the glory of Love. But none of us are ever truly alone. For our scholarly hearts are bound by knowledge...discipline...
    Learning is pursued in the name of the many...the studious, who generation after generation, chose the mantle-...of Dire Students.

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by pingtoryan View Post
    But to tell the truth I have this tendency to get groggy and miss things here and there in such long readings in a third language...so it's not like I've read every kana and kanji.

Although the longer you're into it the more tempted you are to skip...
    call me an oddball but i actually find it easier to understand words if written in kanji than with kana and i read things slowly as to get all the detail before clicking next. i also always wait for the voice to stop before proceeding and now that you mention it japanese is my third languange, kinda make me want to pat myself in the back though im not even that proficient yet

Thread Information