Thread: Visual Novel Cafe

Thanks
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Re: Visual Novel Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by V1zi3r View Post
    to be honest this also isnt a harem game but i understand we each have our own preferences. btw can you tell me a harem game that isn't a nukige and have more emphasis on story than H like 竜騎士BloodySaga and not onomatope games, simply a story based VN where you can get all the women in the story without having to pick a harem route like also 塔の下のエクセルキトゥス and ウルスラグナ セ
    Verethragna is an harem game. You have an harem in the end. I love Verethragna. Still waiting in vain for the sequel.

Exercitus and BloodySaga are meh. Try Kyonyuu Fantasy if you haven't, and to a lesser extent: Uchi no Koibito. Denshanai de Nau is nice too. It's got excellent VA, a very decent story, and the best eroge feature ever: chapter jumper (you can skip backward or forward). There are two harem routes: all the girls or just the sisters. If you download the complete save from sagaoz you can enable the route picker.

@Koihime series: Only played the first two games. Enjoyed the first one. A fun take on RoTK, and nice songs too. Didn't quite enjoy the second as it diverged too much from the novel (somehow, this reasoning doesn't bother me when playing Dynasty Warriors).
    Last edited by amaimono; July 17th, 2019 at 11:20 AM.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by kzel View Post
    Alright I guess I've ran out of excuses not to play it, I'm almost done with Lovesick Puppies and still have a bit of time before the July releases so might as well start this one.

Harem game, not nukige, emphasis on story... tough criteria there, considering harem isn't my forte. I guess you could count all the Eushully tactics/RPG games, they're definitely harem though some do have character routes like Arterial or Alchemy Meister. In the same vein, you have most of the SoftHouseChara games fall in the same category. As for purely story VN, なないろリンカネーション is very good and features a harem of demons. The "sequel" あけいろ怪奇譚 is even better but there's only a single route with multiple (loli) characters at the same time. ノラと皇女と野良猫ハート has one route where the protagonist ends in a harem with three sisters, very good game IF you can stomach Hato's style.

EDIT: I forgot the Baseson's Koihime series, I haven't played them personally but they're generally highly recommended by people whose opinion I trust.
    first of all, I LOVE EUSHULLY games especially because most of their games are set in the same universe which is brilliantly described and have a wide range of character, gameplay, races, and timeline. the first eushully games i played was ikusa megami la dea (back then i didnt know that it was a series and the fact that it was flooded with difficult glorified japanese which at first makes it super difficult to understand till you studied it) and i was completely immersed with the story and character. I then played ikusa megami zero which explained how it started and it was very good, i especially liked the grim and chaotic nature of the story, how the young, goody 2 shoes brat turned into a cool aloof unsocial cursed person, what he lost and his bond with astrea was a masterpiece of a story and you have several choices which really matters. I also liked castle meister, the art and beautifully designed world and character, I especially liked Fia, she's one cute happy goddess and though some would say this game kinda is a modern ish ones compared to the rest of series and kinda cute and bright but i still love it. as for the H in eusfully is a rule that you'll get more than 1 girl to bang but its not exactly a heroine more of a encounter most of the time and like most eushully games ive played the story and heroine routes or romances are somewhat seperated which might kinda makes it feel less romantic (unless its the main heroine ones like astrea) and though the art is good and rich in H varieties and play i kinda feel that the h is seperated from the story and so not really a true harem. also fuck Rwei, Serica is the best!

I havent played Arterial or Alchemy Meister but probably will in the future especially as Alchemy Meister bridged the timeline between verita and la dea. i once played なないろリンカネーション but wasnt in the mood so drop it though i plan to play it again sometime. i also tried ノラと皇女と野良猫ハート but didnt really liked it. the art is good but the comedy and the MC is disappointing for me and the anime adaptation was only short clip though perhaps i will try it again

as for Baseson's Koihime series. Ive only finished the first game which was good, theres a harem route and though you get the bang various girls its not a true harem as they're seperated. I havent played the sengoku ones though it seems to be good but for the chinese ones is kinda got milked extensively and turned into a mess especially the anime, boy that was a major disappointment (they just erased the MC existence and turned it into a all female boring friendship not even yuri or fan service crap). I also once tried the Go faction ones and though it was interesring at first I really didnt like how the MC feels like a decoration as the story revolves around the various heroines and the romance also feel seperated from story and I especially didnt like how all the female are bisexual sluts with few exception. also their art doesnt really evolve much and feels static and the battle gameplay are boring

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by amaimono View Post
    Verethragna is an harem game. You have an harem in the end. I love Verethragna. Still waiting in vain for the sequel.

Exercitus and BloodySaga are meh. Try Kyonyuu Fantasy if you haven't, and to a lesser extent: Uchi no Koibito. Denshanai de Nau is nice too. It's got excellent VA, a very decent story, and the best eroge feature ever: chapter jumper (you can skip backward or forward). There are two harem routes: all the girls or just the sisters. If you download the complete save from sagaoz you can enable the route picker.

@Koihime series: Only played the first two games. Enjoyed the first one. A fun take on RoTK, and nice songs too. Didn't quite enjoy the second as it diverged too much from the novel (somehow, this reasoning doesn't bother me when playing Dynasty Warriors).
    Verethragna is the first astronaut games i played and i really liked it, the art, story, romances, the MC and the H. the duel battle was awesome and the various H and hidden (bad end) H is also arousing, it was one of the first VN i played though so i kinda have holes on the story and would like to replay it again (i havent played other astronauts games). also the ending is after we defeat the OP goddess right? after that credit rolls and if memory serve me well theres another chapter. back then i stopped at that chapter thinking the next story would be in the next chapter but you said it was supposed to be in the next game? also Exercitus have a very similar though easier card battle than verethragna and its story is lighter (most of the story is H) but its not a true harem as each of the womens route are seperated with exception of the 3 girls from rival party and the extra, the H is good and the art is very good though the gameplay feels bland and boring. Bloody Saga have a special place for me as first it was the first MC voiced game i played (really liked the voice character and the MC being a mature awesome guy), the atmosphere and art is amazing really feels like medieval setting, and the heroines are all nice and cute and interacts with the MC as a normal person would (no highschool trope character and the like) and the best of all its a true harem story. the MC gets all the women and they all interacts with one another even have together play and its part of the story which is amazing. the story itself nothing special. the last stages feels rushed and couldve had more time to develop but i really liked it. oh and the OST is awesome, does anyone know where to find it? i dont know how to rip game files.

also isnt Kyonyuu Fantasy a nukige? or is it also have good plot (not like kuroinu though). my pont is nukige harem is nice for a fap but what i really liked and search is the romance harem like in Bloody Saga where you get each girls not part of h but part of story and developments

Thanks
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Royal Garden plays with the idea of an harem in the aftermath of the True Route. The main couple still remains, but you have this lingering feeling that it could easily turn into an unofficial harem at the end. My hazy memory prevents me from being more precise. The resolution of the true route drama requires a fair share of suspension of disbelief regarding the scale of conflict, which may be something to keep in mind when the time comes.

@Verethragna: I typical game with a pretty nice main cast, but a - for my taste - unlikable jerk MC.

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
    @Verethragna: I typical game with a pretty nice main cast, but a - for my taste - unlikable jerk MC.
    I can understand that but for me i prefer jerk MC who's not NTR/rape nukige level as they're unique rather than the generic boring "kind is my only selling point" MC of most highschool romance visual novel

Thanks
    Achievements:

Verethragna
    Yes, there's supposed to be a sequel. Doesn't look like we'll ever get one though.

Exercitus
    The story was very flat here. The gameplay is mostly from Verethragna. The artwork, while nice, is unfinished in parts. Everything feels like a rush job, either to ride on the coattails of Verethragna or to finance the next big title (Dungeon of Regalias). Sorry for the harsh review.

BloodySaga
    The alternating between the gore and the cheeriness of the heroines is rather amusing actually. You're smashing someone's face one chapter, then in the next you're having a lovey dovey sex with your future bride. Unfortunately, the plot, the writing, and even the heroines are so generic. As with so many other Akabei Soft titles, it can only be described as mediocre. Sorry for another harsh review.

isnt Kyonyuu Fantasy a nukige? or is it also have good plot (not like kuroinu though). my pont is nukige harem is nice for a fap but what i really liked and search is the romance harem like in Bloody Saga where you get each girls not part of h but part of story and developments
    Kyonyuu Fantasy is like Verethragna in that you play the game expecting loads of sex but was taken by surprise by the depth of the writing. As for the nukige label, I actually found the h-scenes to be gimmicky and skipped most of them. Besides, harem + non-nukige is a hard ask. Kuroinu is dark (pun not intended), this one is comedic. Although... Hang on, the harem is only on the fan disks. That to consider then.

Dungeon of Regalias: like Verethragna before it, ends with an harem. As for the heroines being part of the story and development, yeah of course, they're your party member. The story is not as engaging as Verethragna. The artwork is a level above Verethragna. The h-scenes are great. I liked it.

Demonion I & II: basically harem-making games. Played at a frantic pace. Can be frustrating.

Denshanai de nau: IIRC the harem route is the true route. The other routes have more realistic/down-to-earth/romantic plots. In the harem route, the heroines are more like supporters in your path toward greatness than a love interest. Even the sub-heroines have decent backstories. Unusual for a molester-themed game, there are no NTR (there are scenes in which the heroines are molested by someone else but they're nothing, really). Recommended especially if you like slice of life.

Uchi no Koibito: are two girlfriends too few to qualify as an harem? Another slice of life.

Tsumamigui 3: bittersweet story with a lot of drama. Put the adult in the adult game.

Hitozuma Netoriya: the short harem route is more like a bonus story to the individual routes. Probably the nicest thing INTERHEART ever produced.

Prima Stella: you have sex with the main heroines before choosing one girl in the end. The fan disk contains a harem route.

Those are what I can think of right now. AliceSoft should have many more harem-themed games, though I don't play those. Atelier Kaguya incorporates harem to many of their games, but those are mostly disappointing.

@Game OSTs: Try contacting Veshurik about this.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to amaimono For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:

Yes, there's supposed to be a sequel. Doesn't look like we'll ever get one though.

The story was very flat here. The gameplay is mostly from Verethragna. The artwork, while nice, is unfinished in parts. Everything feels like a rush job, either to ride on the coattails of Verethragna or to finance the next big title (Dungeon of Regalias). Sorry for the harsh review.

The alternating between the gore and the cheeriness of the heroines is rather amusing actually. You're smashing someone's face one chapter, then in the next you're having a lovey dovey sex with your future bride. Unfortunately, the plot, the writing, and even the heroines are so generic. As with so many other Akabei Soft titles, it can only be described as mediocre. Sorry for another harsh review.
    its cool. we all have our own views and preferences

Kyonyuu Fantasy is like Verethragna in that you play the game expecting loads of sex but was taken by surprise by the depth of the writing. As for the nukige label, I actually found the h-scenes to be gimmicky and skipped most of them. Besides, harem + non-nukige is a hard ask. Kuroinu is dark (pun not intended), this one is comedic. Although... Hang on, the harem is only on the fan disks. That to consider then.
    yes for strange reason waffle make quite a series of it and here i thought they just make one title nukige series

Dungeon of Regalias: like Verethragna before it, ends with an harem. As for the heroines being part of the story and development, yeah of course, they're your party member. The story is not as engaging as Verethragna. The artwork is a level above Verethragna. The h-scenes are great. I liked it.
    I concur. cheers on that

Demonion I & II: basically harem-making games. Played at a frantic pace. Can be frustrating.
    it is frustrating. I never got to finish the first. super hard, makes you want to cheat

Denshanai de nau: IIRC the harem route is the true route. The other routes have more realistic/down-to-earth/romantic plots. In the harem route, the heroines are more like supporters in your path toward greatness than a love interest. Even the sub-heroines have decent backstories. Unusual for a molester-themed game, there are no NTR (there are scenes in which the heroines are molested by someone else but they're nothing, really). Recommended especially if you like slice of life.
    never really liked densha thing as theyre usually just rape and molestation

Uchi no Koibito: are two girlfriends too few to qualify as an harem? Another slice of life.
    too few. harem is at least more than 2 girls, otherwise its just a love triangle

Tsumamigui 3: bittersweet story with a lot of drama. Put the adult in the adult game.

Hitozuma Netoriya: the short harem route is more like a bonus story to the individual routes. Probably the nicest thing INTERHEART ever produced.

Prima Stella: you have sex with the main heroines before choosing one girl in the end. The fan disk contains a harem route.

Those are what I can think of right now. AliceSoft should have many more harem-themed games, though I don't play those. Atelier Kaguya incorporates harem to many of their games, but those are mostly disappointing.
    i dont like alicesoft games, for me they're like a comedic isekai games with a gameplay like eushully ones but inferior in story (the art is nice though especially in latter rance series)[/QUOTE]

@Game OSTs: Try contacting Veshurik about this.
    cool thanks

Thanks
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranThree Friends

Ahaha, now I'm the king of eroge OSTs, thank you ^_^

By the way, how long the Tsukikana is? 120 hours again, like Ginharu? Who complete the whole game already, can you express all your opinion in one comment, please, under spoiler? I just don't want to waste so big time on that game, to be honest, ahah.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Veshurik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Veshurik View Post

By the way, how long the Tsukikana is? 120 hours again, like Ginharu? Who complete the whole game already, can you express all your opinion in one comment, please, under spoiler? I just don't want to waste so big time on that game, to be honest, ahah.
    Hi I hope this doesn't sound imprudent but do you have Bloody Saga OST? i tried searching the internet to no avail so maybe you know how to rip game files and all

also does anyone here ever 100% completed a VN? just curious

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Veshurik View Post

Gotta thank you for Beat Blades Haruka's opening song.

@Tsukikana: finished it some time ago. Took me about a week, on and off. It was enjoyable.

Spoiler: Tsukikana spoiler 
    To give a description of every route:
    - Touka's is a thriller about vengeance.
    - Rein's is a combination of vengeance and broken dreams, with lots of otaku talk. That sounds dark, but the story's actually much brighter than that.
    - Uguisu's is a combination of sweet romance with bitter tragedy.
    - Seira's is your typical tone work's romance.
    - Kanna's is a short tale about a mangaka's struggle with work and love.
    - Kiriko's is a short tale about age gap relationship. Pretty sweet.
    - Kirari's is a short tale about a slutty author finding out about love. Personal favorite.

also does anyone here ever 100% completed a VN? just curious
    Not sure what this means. Just reading every available routes to the end? I think most of us have. If you're talking about getting 100% completions in eroge cum action RPGs such as Verethragna... Well, I have 100% completion in most of Sirius's titles except Demonion II.
    Veshurik likes this.

Thread Information