Thread: Visual Novel Cafe

Thanks
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Re: Visual Novel Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by pingtoryan View Post
    MakingLovers indeed has Valentine's Day message...

...I'm such a snail...
    Where do you hear it? I can't find it.

Still not done with Saki's route. I try, but the level of plot convenience is through the roof in this one.

Thanks
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    WOW #1 ParticipantWOW #2 ParticipantWOW #4 Participant

Quote Originally Posted by kzel View Post
    Where do you hear it? I can't find it.

Still not done with Saki's route. I try, but the level of plot convenience is through the roof in this one.
    Right on the menu screen after clicking past SMEE. Listen carefully. It replaces the usual "MakingLovers" call.

Spoiler:  

Karen's version can be easily misintepreted...
    Ignore This Signature
    Alone. It is said that our kind suffer, separated from the glory of Love. But none of us are ever truly alone. For our scholarly hearts are bound by knowledge...discipline...
    Learning is pursued in the name of the many...the studious, who generation after generation, chose the mantle-...of Dire Students.

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by pingtoryan View Post
    Right on the menu screen after clicking past SMEE. Listen carefully. It replaces the usual "MakingLovers" call.
    Does it? I've tried several times and it's the usual "Making Lovers" title call all the time, for all the characters. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Quote Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
    Otherwise, I'm replaying Lovesick Puppies, and jeeze it seems I'm growing sentimental in my early 30 as the rain scene with Orie and Koutarou always manages to tear me up (a bit) *lol*.
    Oh Lovesick Puppies. How many years has it been? I still haven’t finished it, only two routes left. Not that it was a bad game or I dropped it. But new releases I wanted to play came after another and then yeah.
    I definitely will go back to finish this but I kinda already forgot the story up to the point I reached.

Does it? I've tried several times and it's the usual "Making Lovers" title call all the time, for all the characters. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
    I think either your system date isn’t 2/14, or you game for some technical reason fails to detect that your system date is 2/14.
    Ignore This Signature

Currently playing:
    VNs - Haruru Minamo ni!
    Other games - None

Japanese for erogamers

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankincense View Post
    I think either your system date isn’t 2/14, or you game for some technical reason fails to detect that your system date is 2/14.
    It's still the 14th for a couple hours, but no luck on my end. Even though other games (Amakano, etc...) trigger their special Valentine scenes fine.
    Could a kind soul please transcript what Karen says, now that Pingtoryan has piqued my curiosity?

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    WOW #1 ParticipantWOW #2 ParticipantWOW #4 Participant

It's still the 14th for a couple hours, but no luck on my end. Even though other games (Amakano, etc...) trigger their special Valentine scenes fine.
    Could a kind soul please transcript what Karen says, now that Pingtoryan has piqued my curiosity?
      Spoiler:  

あ。。。あのさ。 今日は、その。。。あれの日じゃん? だから、まあ。。。チョコ、あげる。

There's no text; I'm guessing all the punctuations there.

It doesn't work if you cycle the main menu by loading and returning to title though. You need to exit and run the game again.
    Ignore This Signature
    Alone. It is said that our kind suffer, separated from the glory of Love. But none of us are ever truly alone. For our scholarly hearts are bound by knowledge...discipline...
    Learning is pursued in the name of the many...the studious, who generation after generation, chose the mantle-...of Dire Students.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pingtoryan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Getchu Bishoujo Game Awards 2017 results are out:
    1. 金色ラブリッチェ (SAGA PLANETS)
    2. ノラと皇女と野良猫ハート2 (HARUKAZE)
    3. Making*Lovers (SMEE)
    4. 景の海のアペイリア (シルキーズプラス DOLCE)
    5. アオイトリ (パープルソフトウェア)
    6. 幕末 尽忠報国烈士伝 MIBURO (インレ)
    7. ChronoBox -クロノボックス- (NO BRAND)
    8. 水葬銀貨のイストリア (ウグイスカグラ)
    9. お家に帰るまでがましまろです (ま~まれぇど)
    10. 天結いキャッスルマイスター (エウシュリー)
    11. しごカレ ~エッチな女子大生とドキ×2ラブレッスン!! (アトリエかぐや BARE&BUNNY)
    12. トリノライン (minori)
    13. はるるみなもに! (クロシェット)
    14. 桜花裁き (IRODORI)
    15. 超昂神騎エクシール (ALICESOFT)
    16. 新妻LOVELY×CATION (hibiki works)
    17. シルヴァリオ トリニティ (light)
    18. 絆きらめく恋いろは (CRYSTALiA)
    19. こいのす☆イチャコライズ (eRONDO)
    20. ことのはアムリラート (SukeraSparo)

Haven't played most of these because my library is still somewhere between late 2016 and early 2017.
    Can anyone tell me about kinkoi? I thought noratoto2 was gonna win but kinkoi ended up being overall #1, and dominating most other departments too. My impression of Saga Planets is that their games are sad and deep which isn't my cup of tea, so I haven't tried any of them yet.
    Ignore This Signature

Currently playing:
    VNs - Haruru Minamo ni!
    Other games - None

Japanese for erogamers

Thanks
    Achievements:

It's difficult to find value in these awards as it's always the same companies that end up winning. Saga Planets, Yuzusoft, Clochette, etc... In this case it's more a contest of popularity rather than intrinsic quality. Considering the price of these games it's understandable that people will flock to known brands.

Still, happy to see SMEE made it in the top three. By the way, it looks like it did good commercially too since a mini-fandisk has been announced for next April.

I've played a good number of these (Making*Lovers, お家に帰るまでがましまろです, 天結いキャッスルマイスター, 桜花裁き, 新妻LOVELY×CATION, こいのす☆イチャコライズ), and if I had to choose one I'd get 桜花裁き simply because while it's an Ace Attorney clone in many ways, it's well done and the most entertaining. I also dropped a good number of these "winners" partway through for a variety of reasons : ノラと皇女と野良猫ハート2 (new characters are not that great), 景の海のアペイリア (too much stupid humor for me), はるるみなもに!(just terrible).

Can anyone tell me about kinkoi? I thought noratoto2 was gonna win but kinkoi ended up being overall #1, and dominating most other departments too. My impression of Saga Planets is that their games are sad and deep which isn't my cup of tea, so I haven't tried any of them yet.
    I haven't played it, because my past experiences with Saga Planets have been mixed at best. They're not making necessarily sad and/or deep games, they can also make pure charages. I've played a little bit of Hatsuyuki Sakura, but stopped after one route because I couldn't stand the protagonist's "little brat" attitude. I've played a little bit of Floral Flowlove but stopped because I couldn't stand the protagonist's chuuni attitude. I've played and finished Hanasaki Work Spring!, it was the closest to a pure charage with cute heroines and it was pretty entertaining, despite the protagonist being a baby at times, especially in the true route. I think you may get the pattern. I place a great importance in having a likable or at least relatable protagonist to keep my interest in a story and so far their games haven't been doing their jobs so well. Your mileage may vary.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Sagaplanet's "tearjerker" games are/were Hatsuyuki Sakura and Natsyume Nagisa. I didn't play the latter, but Hastuyuki's true end left me sad for a couple of days (a case of where it ended well on the greater scale, but not that much on a "personal" level).
    Kinkoi's rather average-ish in that regard. The Golden Time route might be different here, but I can't say much about it. As the title implies all main heroines have blond/golden hair (according to wikipedia to go along with the theme of "Golden Time").The MC is average. He's not dense and sensitive aobut the atmosphere of his surrounding (like Shingo of Mashiro-iro), but he has the terribly annoying "useless at school" trait. To be fair a good deal of the fairly long common route, he's traited quite horribly by the mob npcs due to the setting he's been thrown into. The heroines are fine-ish. I'm fond of Eru and Slyvie's alright. But yeah, overall I'd consider it average-ish.

@list: If I had to pick, I'd go with MakingxLovers, even though I enjoyed other smee titles somehwat more, and 天結いキャッスルマイスター because I thought the playable cast was quite charming.

Thanks
    Achievements:

You mean one of those punching bag protagonists? Can’t say I like them either. =\

Finally the next wave is coming tomorrow. The market these days is full of single-heroine games huh. =\
    Not sure what I’ll play apart from IxSHE Tell. (At first I have absolutely no idea what that means, but it seems it’s a stylization of aishiteru.) Not really interested in Otoboku. And Rance? No thanks.
    Well Hooksoft has always been my top favorite company. I’ve played every one of their games since Honeycoming, but haven’t seen Matsushita Makako for some time already. Hope she isn’t retiring or something because I love her works. =\
    Ignore This Signature

Currently playing:
    VNs - Haruru Minamo ni!
    Other games - None

Japanese for erogamers

Thread Information