Suggestions about VN's?

Koinkun

English VN guru
Elite Member
Oct 3, 2011
I am probably going to play Little Busters, We Love Master, and Ever17 soon. I have heard alot of good things about these games and was wondering how the members here who have played these thought about them.

I also wanna see what suggestions people here have for VN's that I really should check out. I been playing them for awhile and have played a good amount of them but i still wanna see some really good ones i may be missing out on.

Not too picky, I cant read japanese so it'll obviously have to be an english translate (or originate in english form like Katawa Shoujo). I also prefer H content over no-H content.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions xP

well we love master is kinda not good for it has high H content but the storyline is kinda slow for me
every17 didnt played yet same as little busters!

my favorite i think is Cross Channel and family project. oh yah and Monmosu quest too :D

Reactions: Koinkun
You must try "Kara no Shoujo" (it is obviously in English, see MangaGamer for more information), "Cross Channel", "Yume miru kusuri - a drug that makes you dream" and "G-Senjou no Maou", these are the Crème de la Crème.

My Top2: Kara no Shoujo and G-Senjou no Maou. They are awesome, you will not find anything better, I am telling ya.

Everything I mentioned is obviously in English, since I cannot read japanese as good as I would like.

Yea i wanna either try learning kanji so i can read untranslated VN's or if possible learn how to speak japanese altogether so i can just listen to the voices and not waste time reading lol.

Kara no Shoujo does look very interesting, the horror mystery aspect is very appealing to me since i havent rlly played anything like it (wanted to play dividead which i think is around the same thing, but never got to it). Ill be sure to check it out, im becoming more and more fond of mangagamers work even though they had some bad rep in the past.

Cross channel seems like a really good game to me, the only thing i dont like is the protagonist is a liiiiittle too perverted but it doesnt bother me too much, and i havent got too deep in the story enough to judge it yet xP.

Yume Miru Kusuri is hands down my favorite VN to date, i love the different difficult situations for each heroine and the real mindfuck endings. And I hear G-Senjou is just as good, i played a bit into it but computer issues made me have to format my pc so i gotta get it back on their soon.

If you have not read Fate/Stay Night or Tsukihime I will set you on fire.

Nah, but those are super awesome, though not very good for your H-requirement.

The recently released Mu luv patch is good if you like plot-heavy games associated with mechs. A profile patch which is released yesterday is also written by the writer of G senjou, is a good drama moege.

Sad to say but i have not yet read F/S night or Tsukihime, i really wanted to but other VNs caught my attention a bit more. I know it sounds a bit picky but i tend to like the Novels that have the text and dialogue in a little bar at he bottom and not in that box spread out across the whole screen, though i did like kana so I really have no excuse ^-^'' i get to reading those sometime soon =P

And Muv luv does seem interesting, just read about it and usually im not all for mecha but its not something tht will totally turn me off of a VN, ill be sure to check it out =D

Sad to say but i have not yet read F/S night or Tsukihime, i really wanted to but other VNs caught my attention a bit more. I know it sounds a bit picky but i tend to like the Novels that have the text and dialogue in a little bar at he bottom and not in that box spread out across the whole screen, though i did like kana so I really have no excuse ^-^'' i get to reading those sometime soon =P

And Muv luv does seem interesting, just read about it and usually im not all for mecha but its not something tht will totally turn me off of a VN, ill be sure to check it out =D

Btw big thanks for all the great suggestions you guys =D

You can't call yourself an English VN guru if that's how you base your choices. :P

They really are fantastic reads, but it takes many hours to complete them, and as I said, the H-content is low.

Check out my sig for suggestions. I'll try not to mention those that are already on this list. Most of these contain little to no H-scenes, but they're pretty good reads. About half of these are indie games so you can find it floating around the internet. Here's another list:

-omgwtfrotfl (yes, that is the title)
-Ori, Ochi, Onoe
-Edelweiss

I have more just can't remember at the moment.

Last edited:
You can't call yourself an English VN guru if that's how you base your choices. :P

They really are fantastic reads, but it takes many hours to complete them, and as I said, the H-content is low.

Well its not like I refuse to play them over these factors. I just put them a little further down on my list. Like a VN thats slice of life/school with the bar instead of spread out text will be put higher than a VN with the box or with no voice audio, etc. Though I plan to prioritize my time to reading the popular ones and the ones suggested here after I'm finished with Canvas2 xP

Most of these contain little to no H-scenes, but they're pretty good reads. About half of these are indie games so you can find it floating around the internet. Here's another list:

-omgwtfrotfl (yes, that is the title)
-Ori, Ochi, Onoe
-Edelweiss

Most of the ones on yer sigs list ive played and enjoyed very much =D, and lack of H doesn't really bug me, I actually sometimes skip the H-scenes if im in a hurry to see what happens in the story xP. Thanks for the titles, will go read up on em and like i said before... prioritize my list after Canvas2 =D

If you haven't tried Majikoi yet, it is a must-read.
That and the Muvluv series.

Last edited:
Well I have played the Yukie route translation for Majikoi and did very much enjoy it =D. I know the translation for Chris is out but I'm kinda waiting for the Miyako patch since shes much more favorable to me over Chris.

Muvluv i plan to get to very soon as well =D

Kara no Shoujo does look very interesting, the horror mystery aspect is very appealing to me since i havent rlly played anything like it (wanted to play dividead which i think is around the same thing, but never got to it). Ill be sure to check it out, im becoming more and more fond of mangagamers work even though they had some bad rep in the past.

For the Kara no Shoujo Mangagamer release, there is no voice. So be sure to find a voice patch to add the voice back in

how about the nitroplus games ?

saya no uta is nice and short, yet the game will leave an impression. and there are other that has been translated(demonbane, kikokugai, phantom of the inferno, stein;gate)

or go with my personal recommend, swan song. it's survival theme and dramatic plot will not let you down. well, except you're expecting games where you always get the "everybody happy, nobody get hurts" end :D

I'm waiting for Minatosoft's fandisk game. Maji de Koi shinasai S to come out. It should come out in 2012. Not sure what month. But I'm hoping that when it does come out someone will upload the game for download.

I'm waiting for Minatosoft's fandisk game. Maji de Koi shinasai S to come out. It should come out in 2012. Not sure what month. But I'm hoping that when it does come out someone will upload the game for download.

Majikoi S will release in 27 january 2012...not sure when someone will upload it.. but it's worth to playyyy.. Tsubameeeee

kara no shoujou give me a bad dream for a few days :scared: :vomitblood:

oh yeah Little Buster translation already 100% , check tlwiki for it , my currently play is Shukusai no Campanella , fandisk of Shukufuku of Campanella , Chelsea-chan~~~ :runaway:

Shukufuku of Campanella is great one of my favourite eroge's.

Little Buster has a 100% translation, Any idea where to get it?

Try G Senjou No Maou and Sharin No Kuni both have badass protagonists and unusual plots

And I don't know anyone who hasn't read Fate Stay Night and Tsukihime

I can't really pick which I like more

Last edited:
Try G Senjou No Maou and Sharin No Kuni both have badass protagonists and unusual plots

And I don't know anyone who hasn't read Fate Stay Night and Tsukihime

I can't really pick which I like more

I second Sharin No Kuni. I'm actually in the middle of playing it and its quite good. The protagonist is hilarious and he is a badass lol. There are some serious elements to the story as well as lighthearted comedy mixed in as well. Its excellent so far.

Trying to have some fun ?

Daibanchou (Big Bang Age) and Sengoku Rance both from Alicesoft.

They are games just as much they are Visual Novels, trust me both are 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of awesomeness.

What are you waiting for Christmas ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3