serious, can anyone teach me how to buy ( game) on dlsite and dmm?

Lancelot

Trusted Member
Dec 6, 2011
After the long, very long time use pirate versions. Finally now, my salary high enough to buy legal game.

However, with the non-Japanese like me, I don't know how to with these japanese's website like dmm and dlsite.

Serious, have anyone teach me how to buy game on these site? Thank you very much.:)

girlcelly, velka,... I know both of you are very busy. But please, help me.:redface:

You need an account first. This is how to register: https://www.japan-codes.com/tutorials/how-to-create-a-japanese-dmm-com-account/

Go to https://dlsoft.dmm.co.jp/ and search for a game. Look for the magnifying glass icon. (Only Japanese name. Just c/p the name into the box.)

If you want to buy the game, click the yellow 購入する button.
If the game hasn’t been released yet, it will show 予約する (pre-order) instead.

Then it will ask for payment method, choose credit card. You can also pay with DMM points if you have a means to purchase that.

Then enter card number, holder’s name, expiry date and the last 3 digits on the back of your card, in that order.

Link to your library:
https://dlsoft.dmm.co.jp/mylibrary/
You’ll find the download links there.
ダウンロード > download in one file
1, 2, 3,... > download in parts

You also need to download softdenchi to activate the game. It’s their DRM system. I don’t have my computer with me now so I can’t show you how to do it now.
http://charge1.soft-denchi.jp/runtime/sdrtd.exe

Last edited:
thank you. I'm trying.

If I still have any trouble, hope you can help me.

One again. Thank you very much. :)

I'm using Visa Debit card

please help me.

Finally. I now purchase legal game for the first time of my life.
However, everything still very difficult for me.

Now I am installing sdrt and the game. However, I don't want to install them in my C Hard Disk Driver ( it is SSD with just 128gb), and want move it to my main F Hard Disk Driver ( which is 2TB).

View attachment 24725

Because everything is Japanese, I don't understand anything. Please help me.

Thank you everyone.

The file you download should be in zip format. (I wrote about how to download in my post above). You can just extract it to any folder you want to put the game in. After that, just run the game.

If it's your first time, it will ask for your DMM username and password to activate the game. Enter them and you'll be able to start the game.

If there's anything you don't understand, you can post screenshots here or send a private message to me.

Many of the titles sold on DLsite English and DLsite do not require installation. In the case of DMM, it's a bit more complicated because of the authentication and so on.
Titles that do not need to be installed can be moved as they are, no problem. Titles that need to be installed can be placed in the F drive by specifying the installation location.
The people browsing won't be able to tell what part of it you don't understand. So, as "Frankincense" wrote, it's better to post a detailed screenshot.

Thank you. I am trying to download game. But when I click on the Download button, a Japan messenger show and I can't download. What is happening???

Thank you. I am trying to download game. But when I click on the Download button, a Japan messenger show and I can't download. What is happening???

If you can't download by clicking, right-click and select "Save Link As ..." (Chrome / Firefox) / "Save Target As" (Internet Explorer) to download.

I am curious about this as well not sure if I can post here but, does anyone know if Visa Debit card works with any country? (both dmm and dlsite if possible)
Because I don't know if I can really go to my bank and ask for a credit card :/ (I am trying to avoid the worst case scenario if I do get my part-time job and they decline to give it like my father), I am still a student and my father is the only one that has a Visa Debit card atm

dmm now accept paypal.

I am curious about this as well not sure if I can post here but, does anyone know if Visa Debit card works with any country? (both dmm and dlsite if possible)
Because I don't know if I can really go to my bank and ask for a credit card :/ (I am trying to avoid the worst case scenario if I do get my part-time job and they decline to give it like my father), I am still a student and my father is the only one that has a Visa Debit card atm

I tried using Visa Debit at first i tried to buy some Doujin and Games on DLSite and it works, i don't know on DMM/Fanza though since i using another payment. But i think it depends on your issuing card company if they have restrictions agreements for the payment that means you can't use your debit card on some site and make sure to activating 3D secure on your debit card (if havent done it).

dmm now accept paypal.

Thanks for the heads up Shine! but it looks like I have to be the one to make that happen ;/, my parents aren't too caught up to the gen with online trans and them accepting a debit card was already much...

I tried using Visa Debit at first i tried to buy some Doujin and Games on DLSite and it works, i don't know on DMM/Fanza though since i using another payment. But i think it depends on your issuing card company if they have restrictions agreements for the payment that means you can't use your debit card on some site and make sure to activating 3D secure on your debit card (if havent done it).

I see, but I am curious what is 3d secure? does that have something to do with the one time otp sent to your mobile?

I see, but I am curious what is 3d secure? does that have something to do with the one time otp sent to your mobile?

It depends, some bank using OTP while some bank use Biometrics as another ways of security for online shopping (Depends on the bank itself or countries regulations).

I did write an article on how to create an account and stuff on Japanese DLsite on my blog, but it seems the main question has already been answered.

On DLsite, you can use almost any debit/credit card. It may come with additional charges though (for me it's about 0.5% of the total cost, but you should check with your bank).

DMM, I'm not so sure. I typically get all of my games from DLsite as they're really generous when it comes to points and coupons. Though, if I recall correctly, I have used a foreign card on there before.

As someone mentioned above, you can use PayPal on DMM now, and you get a 500yen gift the first time you do so.

Alternatively, you can try to open a Bitcash/Webmoney account and try to top it up, though that may be a little inconvenient from outside Japan.

If you are in China, however, or you use a Unionpay card, your options become a bit more limited. Fortunately, I believe you can pay through your Amazon account on DLsite, as you can pay through Unionpay with Amazon, so that's an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha