NEO Ness

Jan 2, 2018
Hello guys, I have a quick question: I'm wanting to look into the visual novel/dating sim genre. The only two real type of visual novel games I've played and loved enough to finish so far was Huniepop, and Evangelion Girlfriend of Steel.

I'm wanting to refresh my opinion on the genre as a whole, and while I'm at it, explore its roots. I'm wanting to look into older games (in English, of course) as well as more modern ones, that way I can make a good comparison of the evolution of the genre. Maybe even make a Youtube video of sorts, or some kind of article for a blog.

My question is: I'm still new to the genre as a whole, I haven't even been overly into anime in the past couple of years, but I'm wanting to find my inner child once more. I'd love it if you guys would give me some recommendations on what games to play? Games ranging from popular ones that might seem overrated to underground/indie games that are sometimes overlooked. The older, the better. I'm looking for games from the late 80s to the 90s, but more modern ones are welcome too.

Right now I've got a few games lined up: "Critical Point" and "Evangelion Girlfriend of Steel 2"

19939_front.jpg

I've also been eyeing progress on a potential fan translation of a older game called "Possessioner".

594685-possessioner-pc-98-screenshot-explore-every-location-and-you.gif

My usual tastes in games regarding romance/relationship situations are: Sci-Fi, Yuri, and/or Henshin type stuff (Magical Girl, Sentai, etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.
playboy623 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
bidlocat0 wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori!
Can you update this game please?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01161364.html/?locale=en_US
Thanks!