• 1 Post By Checkmate
  • 1 Post By kzel

Thread: #pure love story.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,347 Times in 1,441 Posts
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassOverdriveYour first GroupCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    SOTM #34 WinnerSOTM #36 WinnerSOTM #38 WinnerSOTM #39 Winner

#pure love story.

Hey everyone! So I recently started playing Amakano and it didn't take me long to get into it. ^^

Anyways I'm looking for vn's similiar to Amakano and yes I did check vndb and all that but I need genuine recommendations.

Thank you ~
    REMINDER from your friendly Otome Mod
    read the rules-I won't answer PM's unless if it's forum related-I don't take re-upload requests
      Spoiler:  

reading nowアマカノ*【こはる】

Thanks
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Re: #pure love story.

Have you tried Amakano ~Second Season~? It's mostly similar to Amakano, except it even further removed "bad vibe" components like what happens at the beginning of Sayuki's route. You'll also get to meet familiar characters from the first game all grown up. The Amakano (first and second season) fandisks named Amakano+ are also pretty good if you really liked the heroines and want more of them. Personally I find the character development in them a little lacking but they're still worth playing at least for your heroine of choice.

To stay with Azarashi Soft, you also have Aikagi, Aibeya and Aikagi 2 that are pure love stories. I have had issues with both Aikagi and Aibeya's pace and romance developments (broadly speaking the couples felt formed more by external pressure than the two lovers's own will) but I very much enjoyed Aikagi 2. If you need to play only one of the single heroine Azarashi titles, this is the one. Also, Amakano 2 (different from ~second season~) is scheduled for March 20, something to look forward to!

As far as pure love goes, if you're not averse to long VNs you can hardly go wrong with tonework's Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai, it's one of the best in the genre. Gin'iro Haruka goes even further in the intricate depiction of romance, budding from childhood and continuing all the way to adulthood, but it can be overwhelming in its length, best taken a route at a time with long pauses in between. The studio's first game Hatsukoi 1/1 is a little more difficult to accept due to the protagonist's actions, I personally couldn't stand it but I know some people who consider it one of tonework's best.

If you're not against some comedy in your romance games then (old) SMEE games are worth trying too. Fureraba is by far the best they've put out if you're interested. If the comedy in SMEE games is too much, then maybe give HOOKSOFT games a chance? There's still comedy (especially compared to Amakano) but it's vastly toned down. Melty Moment is probably one of their best but their very recent Docchi no I ga Suki desu ka? is also pretty good.
    Last edited by kzel; December 9th, 2019 at 08:28 AM.
    |♚|KK|♚| likes this.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,234 Times in 830 Posts
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveRecommendation First ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

But you're coming from Otome Community, those suggestions are supposed for males though.

Anyway, Azarashi Soft's titles have long been my go-to for a sweet love story. Of course, you can always check out my most favorite studio of all time: HULOTTE. If you want a bit more story to come with those, then perhaps, Yuzusoft's titles will offer a balance of comedy, sweet love story, and a light amount of drama.

Few other honorable mentions are ensemble (the non-crossdress one), Parasol, GIGA (the Kiss series), Windmill / Windmill Oasis, to name just a few.
    |♚|KK|♚| likes this.

I only post what I bought. My uploads are for those who share the same taste but could not easily import them. If you can buy the game, please do it to support the company.
    Bugs report belong to the Site Support, not my inbox.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Checkmate For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,347 Times in 1,441 Posts
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassOverdriveYour first GroupCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    SOTM #34 WinnerSOTM #36 WinnerSOTM #38 WinnerSOTM #39 Winner

You mean...just because I'm a female I can't have my own waifu harem?

you can always check out my most favorite studio of all time: HULOTTE
    Just did! This one looks fun

ensemble (the non-crossdress one), Parasol, GIGA (the Kiss series), Windmill / Windmill Oasis, to name just a few.

Have you tried Amakano ~Second Season~?
    No but I actually downloaded the complete box and started with the first one, was confused at first but I'm really enjoying the story so far. (on koharu's route)

Also, Amakano 2 (different from ~second season~) is scheduled for March 20, something to look forward to!
    Yes! I can't wait I've been following azarashi's twitter account for a while and they are so nice towards their fans, it's really cool to see that they interact with as many as people.

As far as pure love goes, if you're not averse to long VNs you can hardly go wrong with tonework's
    I'm currently downloading all of them, and just checked vndb...their latest title looks really good and to my surprise one of the scenarists has worked for amakano series (Ryuu Gakuru).

And for the SMEE & HOOKSOFT's games, I'm waiting the english version of Making Lovers and Melty Moment (if I'm correct).

But thank you both, you see, otoge is dying and it's been so long since I enjoyed a good story and well...eroge is way larger when compared to otoge so I went and gave it a try and actually ended up enjoying a lot more than I expected so here I am lol.
    REMINDER from your friendly Otome Mod
    read the rules-I won't answer PM's unless if it's forum related-I don't take re-upload requests
      Spoiler:  

reading nowアマカノ*【こはる】

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Nothing wrong with enjoying romance as viewed by the other side, I've enjoyed a few otome games myself. I wouldn't mind getting some recommendations for otome game with atmosphere close to Amakano myself (pure love, no harem/cheating/drama/feel bad stuff), same as the otoge sphere the eroge genre is also slowly fading away in that department, save for a few brave surviving studios.

The latest's tonework's, Tsuki no Kanata de Aimashou, is indeed quite good, and the route written by Ryu Gakuru (Seira) is probably the closest to pure love in this particular game. The rest I wouldn't really classify as pure love though, there are too many outside factors (sci-fi, revenge, mystery) that are more prevalent than the relationships and end up being very distracting.

This is something I'd also say for Hulotte, Yuzusoft and Windmill games. While there is some romance it just doesn't feel like this is at the center of the games, the relationships develop very fast while stories tend to focus on curses, contests and what-not. Maybe it makes for a more engaging game to some, and I can relate that 100% romance story from start to finish can get a bit tiresome, but I find it all more distracting than anything else when I'm looking for romance first and foremost.
    |♚|KK|♚| likes this.

Thread Information