Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How do you PLAY your eroge visual novels?

Thanks
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

How do you PLAY your eroge visual novels?

So following up on the whole eroge backlog topic, it got me thinking of a new topic - how do you play eroge visual novels?

I ask this on many levels...

So for 1.

Do you play it like your reading say a harry potter novel - ie just another book with some steamy pages that might get you "excited" but NOT too hot and bothered? Taking only day(s) to finish?

Or

Is it more like a hot erotic page turner where you find your hand under your clothes more often then not - ie playing one handed? Does playing VN's become hour long off and on again masturbation sessions for you forcing the game to last longer then a few nights? (unless its a real short game)

2. Do you have a lot of privacy when you play? Some of us live alone and not all of us have privacy...some of us have kids and spouses. Some of us live at home. So how does this effect you? For extra bonus: Have you ever played a eroge vn in a public place?

3. What time of day do you usually find yourself playing visual novels? For me whenever I'm in the mood and have the free time. I find I end up playing some of the best games before I go to sleep...damn it...then I don't want to go to sleep lol.

Finally...

4. For long time VN players do you find they have the same effect on you? For me when I first started playing eroge games, I was like horny all the time and super excited to see what happens next even if the story was so-so.

Now nearly 10 years later I find myself sitting down to play eroge like I'm sitting down to read a book and I'm picky! More often then not I'll read a little of the beginning and skip through for about 10 minutes to see if I'm enjoying what I'm experiencing both in story and image.

So how about you?
    GenKiDan and moemoe-kyun like this.
    Ignore This Signature
    Making love out of lemons.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lemon Solace For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Re: How do you PLAY your eroge visual novels?

sooo personal~~

I play them for 2 reasons,
    For the romance. I like to see characters form deep bonds with one another in all sorts of fascinating ways, not just sexual. in fact, it doesn't even have to be romantic, it can be platonic. When two characters have a strong indestructible link with one another through some terrific hardships or by some other mysterious way, and when it culminates into an inseparable tie, that is when it's most satisfying. that is why I particularly like games that break from the mold and the cliche, those that attempt to explore more interesting ways in how people bond with one another.

second reason is for the bishoujos I'll play it if it's got cute girls~~♥

noizi ito plz be quick!!!
    Ignore This Signature
    http://www.fuwanovel.org
    Site for sharing translated visual novels.
    My blog visualnovelaer.fuwanovel.org

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aaeru For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

as for your interrogative question:

1. i play eroge for the stories, be it fantasies, sci-fi, romance, everything! and i play it preciously, coz i dunno when will i be able to play it again after i finished it!

2. i have my privacy even though im married, and my wife sometimes also playing VN too

3. i usually have all time in weekend, but on workday, i can only touch VN for maybe an hour or two

4. well... it's my 16th years as an Eroge Sommelier! depends on the stories, if the stories sucks, i barely complete the game! i used to dropped the game at some point!
    Ignore This Signature

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Animaksiat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 Times in 823 Posts
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveRecommendation First ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

1) I play it for the pure and innocent love story, and as Aaeru said, it's about a strong, bonded relationship between a girl and a boy that I wanted to see, a value of love that hardly exist in real-life.

Do you have a lot of privacy when you play?
    I live by myself but frankly, I don't exactly care about my surrounding. I do come back to my parents home occasionally. My friends and family, they all know my strong hobby. As long as there's no under 16 years old kids around, this doesn't effect my eroge playing at all. Most likely, there ain't.

There are some of my friend who strongly opposed my hobby, which, all I can say is GTFO and never want to see their face again, one of them happen to be someone I know for a long long time

Have you ever played a eroge vn in a public place

I play eroge whenever I feel like it. But especially, in boring class room, or while waiting for a meet up with a friend. On family trip or business travel, I carry 1TB of eroge/anime for each week that I had to leave my experience system.

3. What time of day do you usually find yourself playing visual novels?
    Usually evening, when the sun is completely set, but that's only because how my brain works - I work much more effectively in very dark environment than bright one (I feel like dying)

Sometimes, boring eroge can get me to sleep naturally, but other time, eroge can cause me ... sleepless night and countless hours, completely screw up my schedule.

4. For long time VN players do you find they have the same effect on you?
    I don't quite understand the question, eroge is a pure and innocent love story to me, I feel no horny, and I truly appreciate the ero-scene which is very beautiful since it's Pure love.

In the Western world, eroge to them is a category itself, and that everyone assume it just contains sex. Either way, eroge serve as a romance story to me.

This also apply to nukige.

I only post what I bought. My uploads are for those who share the same taste but could not easily import them. If you can buy the game, please do it to support the company.
    Bugs report belong to the Site Support, not my inbox.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Checkmate For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post

Now, I'm putting up 2 new servers: an dedicated eroge streaming server -
    when you mentioned dedicated eroge streaming server, i thought this was the new direction you wanted to move your new project, a 24/7 live stream of eroge you play,
    GenKiDan likes this.
    Ignore This Signature
    http://www.fuwanovel.org
    Site for sharing translated visual novels.
    My blog visualnovelaer.fuwanovel.org

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aaeru For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Reading a VN has perks to it that reading normal books doesn't have. Sure with books it's fun to use your imagination and picture the scenes in your head, but its nice to actually see the characters, their expressions, hear there voices (even if I can't understand it) etc etc.

I enjoy the more romantic ones, YMK, Snow Sakura, Katawa Shoujo, etc., though I play all kinds. Even when the game is less like a book and more like an actual.... GAME, for example Lightning Warrior Raidy and Brave Soul, its still a story thats fun to play and see what happens.

The H is a big bonus sure, but not what I (and I assume 99% of VN players) play them for, otherwise I would just skip to the H scenes xP.

Answering questions 2 and 3... I lock my door with headphones on when I play, and I usually play at night or when I know I won't be bothered. And yes, I have had multiple 10 hour sessions with VN's before, but regularly between 2 and 5 hours a session.
    Ignore This Signature
    [IMG]http://i.**********/AAqX0.png[/IMG]
    Why not just rename the Spam Section "Samyeung's Headquarters"?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Koinkun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 Times in 823 Posts
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveRecommendation First ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

Aaeru it's a completely separated project.

This is for my own convenience, not to be shared with the world ~

I only post what I bought. My uploads are for those who share the same taste but could not easily import them. If you can buy the game, please do it to support the company.
    Bugs report belong to the Site Support, not my inbox.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Checkmate For This Useful Post:

Stalker... yeah.. Stalker FL-God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points

1. i play it for stories, romance, comedy, etc, almost everything, (but give some slack on gore its too traumatic), i play it slow paced, since i almost can't play it again after i finish it, no time and too many visual novel out there that i must play

2. i have my privacy or i must have my privacy, since visual novel is like when you step on "another world", where you become the protagonist and feel the emotion... its not a game you play on public (for me)

3. when i have free time usually on weekend or holiday

4. its my 5 years on VN world , well i'm still young, but i almost clear all english VN thats been translated officially or fan translated... already tackle some japanese vn with agth + atlas combo for 4 years... some VN stalled on finishing because the story too dark (but i cleared Kara no Shojo ) or the story not good
    Ignore This Signature
    "TWO in HARMONIES surpasses ONE in PERFECTION"

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FL-God For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points

1. Story is a must for me. I would actually not mind if they took out the "juicy" parts completely out of VNs and focus solely on storyline. This is the reason why so many Key, Nitro+ and Akabeesoft games are on my top list despite having ero not worth crap or having none at all. They can suck me into the game purely based on the texts.

2. I live alone so I can pretty much play them whenever I want. I've never played VNs in the public mainly because if I'm out in public I'm being social with somebody

3. Whenever I'm not hammered with work or anime or social interactions, or while I'm making steam dumplings, which is obviously not often considering I can usually finish a standard VN in a few hours if I have the time but still got a lot stacked on my HD.

4. My first eroge was a hacked GBA ROM version of Suika, which I didn't know was actually hentai until I arrived at sex scene, and I didn't really know about the whole hentai business back then (almost a decade ago). So I pretty much gained my special hentai fetishes by accident and was hornier and more abnormal than your usual standard high school boys thanks to this, although I'm pretty calm now.

Nowadays I usually just skim through H parts in VNs. I don't particularly have preferences as to what type of story but if it's got engaging plot and writing, it's good in my book.
    Ignore This Signature

Currently playing: Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 (PS3) / Dracu-Riot! (H)
    My Pixiv page~ (Last updated: 02/01/'12)

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to orisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    VeteranRecommendation Second Class5000 Experience Points

1.I play VN for I like it may be story,harem,pure love,SLG.... , I think I not good communication skills with woman , and I play VN because I think I improve my skills talk with woman..I don't remember I finish it.
    2.I live with my parents , I play VN when they go to work .
    3.I play eroge game on weekend, and I don't play on holidy because my parents in home
    4.My first eroge game I play is DaCapo II , I'm 21 year old I play almost every egore-game I like and I think I play ero-game about 6 year and I will study Japanese somedays when I Graduation university

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mr_duy92 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information