シンソウノイズ ~受信探偵の事件簿~ yet another Elf/Silky's affiliated must-play

lanceton

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2012
I dunno whether it's because I'm just getting old, or my bar has become too high, or the eroge industry has simply declined too much, or perhaps a little bit of all these, but I've found less and less eroge in recent years that has decent story and scripts. So when I found a game that I consider masterpiece, I'm getting ever stronger urge to recommend it.

In 2016, I think it's pretty safe to say that the only two memorable games for me were あけいろ怪奇譚(well this one is probably due to my expiring age ~_~) from Silky's wasabi and シンソウノイズ ~受信探偵の事件簿~ from Azurite.

I really have no idea what's up with some talents in between these groups that in my impression are affiliated with the original elf and silky's brand, but the games made by them have very a distinctive style and quality that one can easily tell by simply playing them.

シンソウノイズ ~受信探偵の事件簿~ is such an example - I had no idea what this Azurite brand was about (well, its installer kinda gave it away and was enough to get me excited), then everything became obvious.

The game is not really a masterpiece I'll have to say... although almost got there. It's supposed to be a private detective fiction type story, but the deductive reasoning part of the script is mediocre can be the writer responsible for this part is not good enough. However other part of the scripts and the overall quality of this game still made it a must-play in the grand eroge desert of 2016... highly recommended.

I'm with you about あけいろ怪奇譚 being one of the best titles from 2016, but シンソウノイズ..? I've only played up to the opening before I decided to stop and uninstall, as I was unable to spot a single redeeming quality from the game.

The text and dialogue tempo is just bad, which is not helped by the "voices of the heart" coming out all the time to disrupt the flow of dialogue and prevent me from enjoying the otherwise good performance of the CV cast. The heroines felt uninteresting and superficial, and again the voice of the heart revealing their inner thoughts certainly didn't help in finding any of them cute enough to endure the rest of the game to learn more about them. The forced sex scenes in the common route is a fair bet the romance and relationship will be awful anyway. I also couldn't care less about who the killer of a girl the MC started talking to two days ago is.

The game tries to be too many things at the same time and in the end fails at all of them. It starts as a supernatural story, with a protagonist with super-powers, then switches to nukige for a brief period of time, just enough time for the girl who obviously is going to die to offer her virginity before she passes away, switches then to deduction with a poor case to solve that felt like kids playing detective more than actual investigation (and with a MC with a cheat ability to boot), to horror with previously mentioned heroine dying, to nukige again with another heroine offering herself to the hero... It's a matter of preference, and some people like to mix their food when they eat something, but I personally hate this kind of indecisiveness, and kept wishing the game would stick to one genre and stop messing around. Apparently later on the detective part is replaced with a battle of superpowers, where is the coherence in all this...?

You seem to have enjoyed the game quite a bit, I'm curious as to what could possibly have redeemed this mess in your eyes, maybe I'm missing out?

What you said is right, this game of course have many flaws. I think the real problem of the scripts is that it's done by 3 different writers and they failed to put together a coherent story. However if one doesn't focus on the coherency, I do feel there are still enjoyable elements to be found in the scripts. Other than that, the CG and CV are both excellent in my opinion.

I wrote this mostly because in recent years there really aren't too many HGs that I was able to enjoy, one that has a good balance of everything, and I couldn't remember many good ones in 2016. To me this game is already very good compares to most other full price games that I consider trash grade.

I really want elf/silky's mysterious spin-off brands to keep making potentially good HGs, hence I wrote this advertisement-like post in hope to expose people to what a potentially good HG could look like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。