Like Tree28Likes

Thread: [ILLUSION] Artificial Academy 2 (ジンコウガクエン2) - Discussion and FAQ

Thanks
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Re: [ILLUSION] Artificial Academy 2 (ジンコウガクエン2) - Discussion and FAQ

I downloaded Artificial Academy 2 virgin edition (pretty much original version, but it's extracted files and a .reg file), but those assholes told me to get nocd separately. Where can I get it? I don't really want translation.

Downloaded all updates separately, haven't installed them yet.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points

AA2 was a fav of mine, but after a W10 update the trick of using an old d3d9.dll just stopped working for me, and attempts to use DX9 to DX11 wrappers like 'dgVoodoo2' would cause all sorts of visual horrors, so I just gave up. However recently I learnt about DXVK on GitHub which is a DX9 to Vulkan wrapper, so decided to give it ago and it works! I also tried it successfully on a few other old games which stopped working with the move to W10.

I've updated the HGames Wiki, but short version here is remove any old d3d9.dll d3d9_alt.dll, grab latest dxvk.tar.gz, unblock and extract the x32\d3d9.dll into your AA2 folder, run game. Use 'mode 2' for best performance and to get rid of those jaggies force an 8x anti-aliasing by creating a dxvk.conf in the same folder with the line: d3d9.forceSwapchainMSAA = 8

Also if like me you haven't played in a while, a reminder you have to run with Japanese locale ( with something like SBApplocale.exe ) or the game makes the characters refuse all requests.
    Arylin likes this.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HFred For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Exclamation Re: [ILLUSION] Artificial Academy 2 (ジンコウガクエン2) - Discussion and FAQ

When I try to do H-scenes or sex it freezes and black screen , closes out how can I fix that ? I am on windows 10, the game works fine until I try t o have sex or h-scenes it turns black and freezes the same with the sex scenes please help its like I am stuck in a loop
    Last edited by samara45; February 27th, 2021 at 01:12 AM.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by HFred View Post
    AA2 was a fav of mine, but after a W10 update the trick of using an old d3d9.dll just stopped working for me, and attempts to use DX9 to DX11 wrappers like 'dgVoodoo2' would cause all sorts of visual horrors, so I just gave up. However recently I learnt about DXVK on GitHub which is a DX9 to Vulkan wrapper, so decided to give it ago and it works! I also tried it successfully on a few other old games which stopped working with the move to W10.

I've updated the HGames Wiki, but short version here is remove any old d3d9.dll d3d9_alt.dll, grab latest dxvk.tar.gz, unblock and extract the x32\d3d9.dll into your AA2 folder, run game. Use 'mode 2' for best performance and to get rid of those jaggies force an 8x anti-aliasing by creating a dxvk.conf in the same folder with the line: d3d9.forceSwapchainMSAA = 8

Also if like me you haven't played in a while, a reminder you have to run with Japanese locale ( with something like SBApplocale.exe ) or the game makes the characters refuse all requests.
    Good work HFred. The DXVK d3d9.dll file works perfectly. Having just setup Artifical Academy 2 and expecting issues I had a stable of 5 alternate d3d9.dll's ready to swap in but none worked properly. Thanks for your find!

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread Information