[HELP NEEDED] ITH not displaying Japanese characters properly

Torrefaction78

The Lowest of the Low
Nov 4, 2012
I downloaded and installed the recently-released game Haruka Kanata (by SORAHANE). When I hooked up the thread into ITH, I could only get gibberish like

Code:
ዂዂᘝᘝዂዂᘝᘝ

ƃƃƃƃƻƻƻƻƕƕƕƕƘƘƘƘήήήήƯƯƯƯǑǡƄ

ƸǡƮƱƭǛƔŹƐǚƽé

ዂᘝዂᘝ

ƃƘήƯǑᲾƄ
My system locale and location are both set to Japan/Japanese already, and the rest of my games work fine. Not sure if it's the game's own encryption or if there's some font or something that I'm missing. I think it might be something to do with the game's own custom font, or something.

I can't read a single line of Japanese so...

Some help please?:dontleave:

Last edited:
I remembered seeing this title mentioned on the Hongfire AGTH thread recently and checked it again. Turns out that the VN was programmed using an engine "written in javascript and using node-webkit" (as akabeifan said over there) that ITH cannot deal with. I didn't see any practical solutions posted (水崎来夢 said something about a modified engine file but I've no idea what he's referring to or where that file is) so this title may be inaccessible unless someone comes up with something.

You can take a look at the most recent post he made here that I just found out upon visiting Hongfire again; he attached something that has an Engine folder in it but I'm not sure if that's the 1.20 official patch (which apparently has stability fixes) or the modified files he speaks of (or even how it works) since I'm not actually playing this title. You might want to have a look although it is claimed that the 1.20 patch made the exe useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3