[Discussion] [Purple Software] Hapymaher

Jgamefan

Trusted Member
Oct 9, 2011
Purple Software is one of my favorite game companies but this time I'm really disappointed... :(

As usual the girls, the backgrounds and the music are simply superb; the only BIG PROBLEM lies with the main protagonist :(

The protagonist is a negative-thinking, hetare, and lecturing pretty-boy type :(

If you understand Japanese, you won't like him.

Re: [130228] [パープルソフトウェア] ハピメア + Tokuten CD + Radio CD + Bonus + Wallpaper [H-Game]

Purple Software is one of my favorite game companies but this time I'm really disappointed... :(

As usual the girls, the backgrounds and the music are simply superb; the only BIG PROBLEM lies with the main protagonist :(

The protagonist is a negative-thinking, hetare, and lecturing pretty-boy type :(

If you understand Japanese, you won't like him.

I appreciate that companies work very hard for you to like their heroines (Because after all if they did a good job they are indeed heroin), but could they at least TRY to make the protagonist likable? Unfortunately I have not started playing this game enough to make an opinion, BUT I believe in making protagonists likable. That is why I enjoyed Rewrite a lot. Even though it was not in the ero alley. I do not see why eroge developers cannot do a likable protagonist. Games would ROCK if they had that...

Re: [130228] [パープルソフトウェア] ハピメア + Tokuten CD + Radio CD + Bonus + Wallpaper [H-Game]

..I liked the protagonist, dont know why you would call him an hetare when he tries so hard to solve everything, he just happens to have a pretty big emotional trauma

at least after the end of the true route I bet you wont be calling him an hetare

Don't Spoil please!! :o_O: I was just trying to raise a point of making protagonists likable. I am really stoked to play this game until the end. I was just raising a point about making eroge protagonists to have more depth instead of just making them a human vibrator.

I wont spoil dont worry :)

and I agree with you, I prefer interesting protagonists, especially when they have a trauma or dark past or something like that

I think you will enjoy this protag more as he develops throughout the story :)

Reactions: 'fresco

oh one more thing, you should play Alice's end 2 last

I figured that Alice was the main, so I guess End 2 of hers is the True End then...Thanks! She kind of reminded me of Anna in the last game so its cool. Although Anna's seiyuu (Which is one of my favorite's) plays Yayoi in this game right? I am not sure. It just sounded like her when I played the demo.

Yes, its the same seyuu for Anna and Yayoi :)

Reactions: 'fresco

..I liked the protagonist, dont know why you would call him an hetare when he tries so hard to solve everything, he just happens to have a pretty big emotional trauma

at least after the end of the true route I bet you wont be calling him an hetare

The reason why I call him a hetare is because the way he acts, speaks, and thinks.
And I've played enough game including Purple Software's to straight away recognize a hetare-type protagonist.

This is definitely not the first time I encounter this type and I also notice that newer games tend to have better graphic and music but worse protagonist and story plots, the older games are the other way around. Of course there will always be exceptions, though.

That's why it's also a good idea to check who are the storywriter(s) and what kind of game they have made in the past.

I suspect that another reason why the protagonist is like that (not to forget that he's also the pretty boy type) is because the company want to attracts fujoushi.

Other trends are tsundere protagonist, gender-bender protagonist, and too-much-parody protagonist; definitely a no-no to me.

Even if the protagonist manage to not become so hetare at the end of the story, it doesn't not change the fact that he is a hetare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ353764 RJ336080 links were dead, Could you please reupload these?
Suziiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Could you please reup this on mexashare if you have it still? Thanks

https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/100924-ローズクラウン-bloods~淫落の血族2~.23054/
vnimlove wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
reup please - 676387

upd
vnimlove wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
reup please - 1106310
lgbtgenshinasianhate wrote on Shine's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/✨shine✨-240328-rad-revel-【10日間限定ドスケベ4大特典付き】【全編お下品オホ声】x【全編お下品ねっとりベロチュー】低音〜ドスケベワイフ〜相愛子作りお下品チン媚びドスケベねっとり孕ませ交尾-rj01166786.1461947/
Hi,Please re-upload the file as this file is throwing an error "not compatible OS", and it does not start after trying compatibility mode as well.