corocoro

I Am Admin, Hear Me Roar!
Admin
Oct 16, 2010
A simply hilarious anime where Checkmate is the main character - so go and watch it. :p
Elsie is also very cute. :)

Kanon is a complete psycho - she's approved as a permanent side character. ;) And the cat stun guns had me laughing for quite a bit. :D

haha...i also liked TWGOK...i like the manga..its a cool and funny anime....must watch~
XD

The manga is a must read. I really don't like Otomegane's voice... but what heck...
And Kanon will get her stardome as the series progress.

haha....yea..i agree...
wait till haqua appear...cant wait for the her to appear....

otamegane~ haha
i wished i had his collection of games + elsie~

Kanon is so moe ~~~~ LOL at neko tasers

@coro i think she jus has massive insecurities . Well will hav to wait for next epi ~

Slow episode~

So kanon's arc going to be 3 episode. Elsie still adorable as ever. Some kanon backstory. She almost has a phobia over being unable to get someone’s undivided attention. Production values this episode is better than previous episodes. Keima going i can see the ending but i cant see the ending myself (no hints or i just didnt catch it myself).

Not almost, she definitely has a few screws loose about that. What I find most interesting is that Keima himself seems to fall in love. Things are accelerating. :P

We're finally finding out what makes our psycho-singer really tick. :)
Also: "I wouldn't be able to call myself a dating sim gamer." and "I'll start by trying every choice!" made my day. :P Given that I watched it closely after midnight this is sort of awesome. ;)
And I really hope Kanon and her tasers stay part of the anime even after her capture. :D

Mixed feelings about this episode

I just think that they stretch a little too much for this arc. 2 episodes suit better. I kinda don't feel for the emotional finish. Rather than getting the comedic material out of the way early, it was riddled throughout and kind of upset any sort of build-up that was established. It was this flipping back and forth between comedy and emotional moods in the past two episodes that kind of ruined the feeling. Well, i do enjoy the animation of the concert, the songs and Kanon is really moe so i will just let it pass =P.

Mixed feelings about this episode

I just think that they stretch a little too much for this arc. 2 episodes suit better. I kinda don't feel for the emotional finish. Rather than getting the comedic material out of the way early, it was riddled throughout and kind of upset any sort of build-up that was established. It was this flipping back and forth between comedy and emotional moods in the past two episodes that kind of ruined the feeling. Well, i do enjoy the animation of the concert, the songs and Kanon is really moe so i will just let it pass =P.

Thats because Kanon is really important later on.

A Gag filler episode ? I am okay with this

Quite funny episode. Elsie's cooking is what i called 'SUGOI' cooking~ We can never have too much Elsie can we? In the world of TWGOK, dragons don't eat lunch boxes. Lunch boxes eat dragons. LOL at the most of the 2chan comments saying Keima's mother is hot. On to the next arc.

haha yeah, the one that Elsie cooked "ATE" the dragon. that got me LOL'd. and this time each person has a set of view, much like a VN from fate stay night, shifting from points of view.

poor keima, got back dropped by a vase. spoiling his meal. i don't quite understand of why he said "he didn't like sweets" but he nearly finished it, only to be interrupted by his mom. my guess that he's starting to like Elsie

I wonder when will the last girl will come out.

Last edited:
Poor little bug demon. :( She's just too cute. :P
I wonder how she managed to make the cake look like the picture, considering how she cooked? ;)
Anyway, first half is Elsee cooking then it is Katsuragi avoiding life and it finishes with his fan-service mother's day. All in all the same normal day played three times. ^^

FIRETRUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!

Moe librarian + Hanazawa Kana = Bungoko Shoujo. What is this combo i dont even ~. There was a fair bit of spillover from Elsie’s episode last time, which I rather enjoyed given all of her quirky interactions with Keima. As a result, the pacing did feel a bit slow compared to prior arcs, meaning that Shiori’s story may span three episodes as well.

Shiori inability to engage in conversation and extremely long thought process showcased her cuter side really well. Elsie’s attempt to educate herself with some common sense in the school library basically stole the show once her new-found fascination with firetrucks kicked in. My highlight of the episode came from Keima’s spiel about knowing exactly what quiet girls are thinking, only for Elsie to pull him out of his video game context and cause him to give up on capturing Shiori’s heart.

Overall looking forward to Shiori's arc as she is quite interesting.

loved the episode!! especially elsie and shiori, they were so uber cute!

I somehow forgot to watch the ninth episode last week. Oh well, last Thursday I had other problems anyway.
More cake! Elsee gets another round of scolding for blowing up the kitchen while cooking and not being the perfect partner - even though she's trying and got excellent grades in Japanese History! Just because her knowledge about Japan ends a century ago she now has to go to the library and read up on modern Japan. Unfair treatment of bug demons, I tell you! Now being there to learn about common sense she starts with a dictionary of obsolete modern phrases, but that's too hard so she reads about fire engines instead - the girl's just so cute. ^^
Anyway, on her quest for more books about beautifully red fire engines she realises there are too many books and decides to ask the librarian for help. As luck (well, not from Keimas point of view) would have it the moe librarian harbours the next escaped soul. Only problem is that she is completely absorbed in books, doesn't react to the outside world while reading and is generally too shy to talk. She also has a tendency to use weird words in her speech, which might be a side effect from living in her own world. Nearly as cute as Elsee, but the bug demon still wins the cake.
Keima (who is meanwhile playing galge at an astonishing speed) is not too thrilled, since librarian characters are a common feature in games and their characters are being improved in a fierce competition - so only a perfect example of one will do for the real world. Elsee is not convinced about Shiori, since she thinks the girl can't even find book about fire engines. All doubts are dispersed when she comes around the corner with 458 of them though. Since book indexes are for wusses she found them all from memory (having read every book in the library prior). Must be a really big library or one where the people responsible for new books have a truck fetish. :P
Most about the new character is revealed in internal monologue, seeing how she doesn't speak much after all. Additionally she has a major book fetish (in case that wasn't clear from the prior description). Keima knows about a librarians tendency for inner monologue and his capture strategy is easy - just listen to it and the soul is in the bag. Well, at least until Elsee points out that it doesn't work like that in the real world (mind reading, that is) and he decides to give up instead.
While they quarrel more is revealed about Shiori - well, not really, rather her character is fleshed out with details strengthening the general image already established. She has to gather books for the sad act of disposal and during that she trips, only to be saved by Keima. Another spate of internal dialogue depicting her social awkwardness follows. The result: her mixing the words "thank you" and "economics" for complete confusion!
The preview then hints at Keima and Elsee coming closer to each other, which is a nice touch. :)

Once more Keima chooses an unorthodox tactic by making Shiori mad, so that he can "hear" her inner monologue. She actually gets mad enough to scream "baka" in a very half-baked way. :P
Anyway, he makes sure he only cares about the content and that he prefers digitalised books to paperbacks. It's also quite fun to see him get a library ending on his PSP (sorry, PFP) while talking about Shiori. I wonder how dark his mind his?
Elsee again wins the popularity contest with her line: "You continue to surprise me with your ability to fearlessly make a bad impression." Not only cute, but also funny. ;)
The pace of the episode is rather calm, with most of it being taken up by Shiori's inner monologues and reminiscing. It is revealed that she not only is incapable of talking to others, but also doesn't really want to. Something that Keima is able to accept, since you don't need your mouth for playing games anyway. :P
He then proceeds in making Shiori angry by writing corrections into a book. His reasoning: Small changes on the outside signify huge ones on the inside. That and the fact that he has no clue what to do, so he just strings event after event until something happens. He actually makes her mad enough to get her to speak her thoughts (and think her speak). :P Once he gets her to talk he turns around her hate for him by complementing how quiet the library is and how one can be at peace there, away from the noisy real world.
At the end he got her to talk, think about him and figure out the emptiness in her soul - her arc is sure to complete in the next episode, leaving one or two free (only five girls in the preview). Given the good reception I don't expect them to conclude things by removing the collar, but rather set things up for a new season. We shall see. ;)

Fair episode~

Visually, Shiori’s arc is undoubtedly the slowest and most uneventful one thus far. However, despite the absolute dearth of things happening on screen, I still find myself amused by how long Keima will stand quietly in front of her, trying to figure out what she’s thinking, only for her to eventually walk off without a word. Her confused look over what Keima was trying to achieve by pissing her off turned out to be one of the fun things to watch for, which continued on for the rest of the episode as well.

Shiori is cute and all when she’s quiet, but a talking Shiori with a tendency to fumble her words is even cuter. Once again , Elsie stole the episode with her antics. She is fulfilling her role as the “useless sidekick” really well. Be it coming off that way for reading firetruck books or rhetorically question who Keima thinks he is for refusing to accept clichéd librarian girls, her involvement has been a breath of fresh air as things slowly trudge along.

Next episode seems to be conclusion so looking forward to that. On a side note, i just cant but help to picture Jun Fukuyama voicing Keima using his leopard laugh and Lelouch voice. IT FITS FLAWLESSLY.

I heard the sales for this series is quite bad. I hope they don't cut episodes in the 2nd season like what happen to some other series.

It starts with an everyday situation - Shiori wanting to ask a shop assistant a question. Only since it's Shiori she is not quite able to do so - but at least she made the effort, so I guess she is slowly getting better at speaking out loud. :P
The next scene is Shiori gathering up all the books marked for disposal and collecting them around her desk. From her book fortress she then fights the media room - by changing the access password for the library and leaving a written note about not wanting the new room. :P Surrounded by books she's trying to wait out the situation with the help of her trusty earplugs, but soon begins to worry about whether she was too daring and what to do once a teacher is getting involved. This can not shake her determination to protect her precious books and beloved library from being sullied by a convenience-store-like media room. However, she got up early and now succumbs to sleep. Her dreams are about the past and the problems caused by her timidness. Be it not being able to talk about why she broke a vase or being too afraid to enter the music room. Her missing music class actually causes her to enter the library and discover her love for books and libraries.
The librarians outside escalate the situation by getting a ladder and punching on the window to Shiori's desk directly, waking her up.
Meanwhile Keima and Elsee become aware of the situation and invade the library from the roof. Keima ends up on a book shelf and nonchalantly expresses his support for Shiori. She is so touched by this that she actually manages to speak his name without error and to promote him from delinquent to fairytale character.
Together they stay at their hideout and have some awkward little chats while Keima plays VNs. Shiori's awkwardness is actually cute, but not as cute as Elsee, which is sadly absent through most of the episode. When they finally get to talk about important issues the power is cut off - the library president is advancing her invasion plans in all seriousness.
The two end up buried under books and Keima executes his master plan of speaking out loud what Shiori thinks she thinks: How the world is scary and interacting with people is a pain. Of course once she verifies this he proceeds to sum up her real feelings: She wants to talk to others but is just afraid of saying something wrong.
Shiori realises that he is right. Alas, her fear hinders her from acting on this new knowledge and thus she remains buried under books until Keima pulls her out and kisses her.
Loose soul captured and all that remains is too deal with the fallout. With Shiori's new found courage this is not a problem though. The book disposal is rediscussed and all's well that ends well.
In the preview another season is hinted at, which is nice.

Books, books, and more books.

Nice looking animation of books. A nice ending to a slow pace arc. The actual amount of plot progression was relatively short, despite the three episodes allocated to Shiori’s story. There wasn’t a whole lot that Keima had to do to win her over since he more or less remained himself to do so. Most of his actual “work” came from trying to understand Shiori’s inner monologue and figuring out how to approach her to get her to open up to him and the rest of the world.

Love the symbolism of the books spilling over and covering Shiori – as much as she claims that books are her fortress, it is also her prison, giving her a convenient excuse to shy away from human interaction. The glow of the PSP…err, I mean PFP display which looked like a door was a nice added touch. And the scene of Keima deftly pulling Shiori out of her cocoon of books to kiss her and give her courage was beautiful. Definitely the standout episode of the series.

I did enjoy seeing a few different cute sides to Shiori’s character, whether it was from her embarrassed reactions or her inner thoughts when Keima upset her. The addition of the first and fifth verses of the opening theme “God only knows” gave this episode a very different feel as well, befitting of the fairy tale-like finish.

Next episode is the end but i don't think 1 episode is enough for a arc so it may be a filler episode.

@ Coro - Season 2 was announced even before season 1 starts lol but i heard that the sales isn't doing good along with Densetsu.

Keima is falling behind in his gaming, with new releases collecting in his room. A tale all to familiar to us here. :P
Anyway, the lack of gaming is robbing him of his energy and he's in much distress. Running away to his room he decides to go into capturing god mode. Elsee follows him, for the first time entering Keima's room. Plenty of consoles, six large screens and everything optimised for eroge playing - reminds me of someone. :P Keima is now playing six games at once to catch up with the backlog. He even manages to get a kiss scene on all six screens at once. :P
All in all this is just a comedy episode about Keima gaming and about his relationship to games.

Well, he does end up playing twelve games at once and clearing a three month backlog within a day, so I guess that's a success for him. Only one game remains (which he already started at the very beginning, must be a huge one) and it is one that nearly bests him. Beyond exhausted he decided with the help of some illusions that pressing on is the way to go. It all ends with him passing on into a delusional state surrounded by the heroines from countless games.

A rather strange finale and a bit disappointing - I get to read the same thing every day in the SB when Check's around. :D

Hilarious episode but lacking for an ending.

So i was right that they are using a filler to end this season >_>.
KNEEL BEFORE YOUR ONLY GOD, MORTAL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!
Pretty over-the-top episode, but it kind of got old by the middle. Still kind of entertaining though. A nice(?) touch at the end with Shimono singing (AH-----!!! AH----!) and shouting at the sponsers, I guess.

I'd love to have Keima play the Virtual Boy and School Days though... Virtual Boy because............ School Days because it doesn't listen to you, hyahah!
Keima: I see the ending!
Makoto: Eh~? I think not.

i ROFLed when Elsie entered in Keima's room a second time and saw him in an awkward position , then from that point it began to be strange, anyway it was saved by the horrible song at the end , it was one of that things that are so bad that are very funny.

They should use Shiori's arc to wrap up the season and use this episode before Shiori's arc. No final impressions for this series cause it is clear that it is 24 episodes split into 2 seasons. Definitely will be watching season 2 and hope they improve on season 2 as the dvd/bd sales are very bad.

PS: Instead of pressing the buttons, there is such thing as the "Auto" feature....................

Well, i guess that everybody has seen this eps so we don't need spoil tag anymore, right?
Personally i think this series is quite good, but in two eps for slide story it seem they change the story pretty much :(
The quality is normal, BGMs too (but i like the song when Keima "sing" in last eps *sob* ) => Hope in ss2 they gonna improve it

@Kou: in many game if you change to auto mode then perhaps you will sleep before go through 1/4 story of the game :th_092_::th_092_:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3