Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Usagi Drop

I Am Admin, Hear Me Roar! corocoro's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 37,485 Times in 20,466 Posts
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassOverdriveThree FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points

Usagi Drop

SERIES INFORMATION
    Original Name: うさぎドロップ
    Alternative Name: Bunny Drop
    Categories: Daily Life, Josei, Slice of Life
    Producer: Production I.G, Fuji TV

[center]SUMMARY
    Going home for his grandfather's funeral, thirty-year-old bachelor Daikichi is floored to discover that the old man had an illegitimate child with a younger lover! The rest of his family is equally shocked and embarrassed by this surprise development, and not one of them wants anything to do with the silent little girl, Rin. In a fit of angry spontaneity, Daikichi decides to take her in himself! But will living with this overgrown teenager of man help Rin come out of her shell? And hang on, won't this turn of events spell doom for Daikichi's love life?!

My Opinion:
    I saw people fanboying over this for quite a bit of time, so maybe I went in with too high expectations. It seems to be well made, but it's also typical slice of life - and as such bores me without end. Oh well, I'm sure someone will soon spring up to defend it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveYour first GroupTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

Re: Usagi Drop

Yes, a lot of fanboyism for this, manga already concluded if i am not wrong.

Yes, your slice of life show, but this has got real potential, and I really enjoyed the first episode.

Kou
    Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second Class25000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran

It seems to be well made, but it's also typical slice of life
    QFT and sums out this show.

I love the manga for the realism and it is quite touching sometimes. You watch this for Rin. If you love Rin, then it should be good for you.
    Ignore This Signature

兄と妹はずっと一緒

Kou
    Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second Class25000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran

Dawwww > 9000!

Spoiler: episode 2 
    I think I had several heart failures while watching this episode. Rin is just TOO FUCKING KAWAII. I have to give this series a high praise, the direction is very top notch, you can feel rin's insecurity and sadness when daikichi left her in the nursery, and how sincere Daikichi care for Rin.

As for the story itself, it's really heartwarming to see how Daikichi is trying to adjust to his new responsibilities as a parent and how they're clashing with his work as a salaryman. I can definitely relate since I have a tight schedule as well, so that adds a whole other layer to the story for me. He'll definitely have to start being more organized if he hopes to keep this up. Production I.G.'s little touch ups like the flying animal icons at the Kindagarten and Rin's various faces especially the pouty face also really help set the atmosphere and just calms you down while watching (as while as being kawaii as fuck).
    Last edited by Kou; July 17th, 2011 at 08:46 PM.
    Ignore This Signature

兄と妹はずっと一緒

Kou
    Thanks
    Achievements:

Spoiler: episode 3 
    This was the perfect time to enlarge the cast a bit, and to have Daikichi spend some time talking with other parents about how best to approach his situation with Rin.

It was so heartwarming to see Rin bonding with the rest of the family, her sister/step grandmother in particular. I love how subtle the show is when it comes to drama (and basically everything else, actually), it's a welcome change from last season's Noitamina. I very much prefer this approach, it's not as tear jerking but it feels much more natural and realistic, and as such works better on me.

Nothing to say really apart from the fact that it was a fantastic episode. Nothing too dramatic, nothing too comedic, no otaku pandering, no lolification of Rin, Daikichi acting his age and a total boss. It's covering the source material very well so far. It was heartwarming as hell and I have no complaints. 10/10

And yes... I'm one of the people that fear that it will sell poorly, and I expect it to do so. This series has no otaku appeal whatsoever. Now only if the original noitamina audience back from Honey and Clover and Nodame Cantabile S1 days was still around...
    Ignore This Signature

兄と妹はずっと一緒

Kou
    Thanks
    Achievements:

Spoiler: episode 4 
    Just more good episodes from this series. I like that Daikichi has found a parent that he can talk to and relate to in some ways. After all while circumstances are different they are in a sense both single parents trying to manage. While he can talk to his cousin or some coworkers having a parent with a kid the same age and going to the same places to learn is pretty handy for Daikichi.

Plenty of cute moments for Rin. Things could be tricky for her at school since I doubt kids could really understand her background that easily. I loved the bit where Daikichi just picks her up and starts running home . What a great reaction with her looking around to see if anyone could see her being carried . Was nice seeing them shop for her and Daikichi luring her into buying a desk that will last her right into high school rather than one that would only work for a few years before needing to be replaced.

Looks like we're moving towards Rin's mother. May soon get a real picture for the kind of person she is.
    Ignore This Signature

兄と妹はずっと一緒

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Just wondering here, but why does the title called Usagi Drop?
    Is there any rabbit in the show? Or does Usagi is some kind of a codename or something?
    Ignore This Signature
    [IMG]http://i.**********/sxNIYJZ.gif?1[/IMG]

Thanks
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points

Just finishing watching episode 4~I think it great.The feelings it gives me are warm.

Kou
    Thanks
    Achievements:

Spoiler: episode 5 
    Rin crying at the beginning of the ep . Then she reaches for her bear instead of daikichi
    major lulz were had.

Why is it that every episode feels like it's packed with so much content, that I'm watching it for more than 25 mins?

Rin is taking the title of the most adorable grade schooler of recent times. The child's voice def helps in that direction.

In that last scene, it feels like Rin is growing up a bit. Well, she's already grown up enough for a child; I meant she was even more expressive than previous episodes, giving an even stronger bond to their relationship =03. I can easily see her wrapping her finger around Daikichi as she gets older.

As for Masako, she feels kind of complicated... compared to the other characters in this anime, she is definitely a whole lot less perfect, but you just can't hate her for some reason. Just kind of mm... makes you think.
    Ignore This Signature

兄と妹はずっと一緒

Thanks
    Thanked 5,210 Times in 818 Posts
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveRecommendation First ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

I was hoping for something else <-- please do not mind me

I only post what I bought. My uploads are for those who share the same taste but could not easily import them. If you can buy the game, please do it to support the company.
    Bugs report belong to the Site Support, not my inbox.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information