Tomoko Kawakami Passes Away~

iankay

Good Boy!
Elite Member
Mar 6, 2011
Well its is a sad thing when someone passes away and for those who have witnessed a life lost to cancer can tell how much of a sad tale it is.

The agency Production baobab announced on Friday that voice actress Tomoko Kawakami(due to ovarian cancer) passed away on Thursday, June 9 at 4:45 p.m. after a long bout with illness. She was 41.

Her major voice acting roles include Misuzu Kamio from Air, Athena Glory from Aria, Rosette Christopher from Chrono Crusade, Amber from Darker than BLACK, Hikaru Shindo from Hikaru no Go, Utena Tenjo from Revolutionary Girl Utena, Sayuri Kurata from Kanon.

Since August 2008 the actress had been in the hospital due to ovarian cancer, which required surgery. After her surgery, most of her ongoing roles were replaced by other actresses, though Kawakami still did a little voice work during the time.
Debuting in 1994 as a boy in the television anime series Metal Fighter Miku, Kawakami's first regular appearance was as Chiriko in Fushigi Yuugi in 1995. She would later go on to voice the famous Utena Tenjou from Revolutionary Girl Utena, Rosette Christopher from Chrono Crusade, Hikaru Shindo from Hikaru no Go and Soifon from Bleach.

R.I.P Tomoko

12-Tomoko-Kawakami.jpg

00099kch

sayuri_profile.jpg

19663-620x-24.jpg

88883543634.jpg

Last edited:
my sincerest condolence ~ .. felt too bad... another lost on seiyuu /anime industry ~..

my condolences..
heard she was suffering real bad already the last 2 years, when majority of her roles got re-casted

yeah, i love her voice as hinata fuyuki,
but since eps 200s of keroro gunso, the VA for fuyuki changed,
because of that i know about her taking off of voice acting,,

---

is it because of malpractice she died ?

[-_-]

this sad, I loved her as Mizuzu from Air and Mariko from Elfen Lied

Sorry to hear about her death. I didn't know her that much, but still it sadden me.
Had the same effect before, when I found out that Ritsuko Okazaki passed away due to blood poisoning.

Who will be the VA for Soifon next?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.
mozzamezo wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please re upload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01177568.html/?locale=en_US

Thanks in Advance
coolguy12346789 wrote on Shine's profile.
Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, can you update this game? New version fix the character skin chage bug. This bug will cause the game can't interactive with anything.
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ315563 RJ327273 RJ367842 links were dead, please could you reupload these?