The Risks of Series Continuations

adameve

アニメの芸術家
Elite Member
Jan 15, 2014
I am a bit sad at the moment just glimpsed a bit of the second season of Maken-ki and as i feared they used a new art director and style that is a lot weaker than season 1 and the fan service aspect seems headed for the sky. don't get me wrong, i love ecchi and even more but when it denatures good characters like they had in season 1 of Maken-ki because the writers can't think of good ideas ..i am sad.

I also have to struggle thru the ending of Inuyasha..and I fear our beloved author may have wanted to finally get the story finished and hurried a bit there too. I love that series deeply and actually watch episodes of it almost every day, it is that deeply part of my anime universe. But the resolution is rushing at us and we have already lost main characters that I don't think needed to be sacrificed.... and the english Viz VA cast lost at least three essential voices and the replacements are no where near as good. ah me.

Well next is what may happen with Fairy Tail which is returning but with new staff..i really really hope they keep the wonderful character style and story development of the first three seasons, i love that series as well and am jealous of changes.

Another add on second season happened for Boku Ha Tomodachi Ga Sukunai, its follow up was very shallow and overly into the pervert side of things and they really didn't let the girl who "won" blossom and sort of cut it off at the end without resolution, the worst crime of harem series.....

And what they did to Genshiken, poor Ono became a parody of herself, they pushed her into a clown role and brought back that awful Tsudre Sue from America that was my least fav character even after Kuchi. All of the old cast were dragged in and make to parade themselves without much meaning. That was a sad things to see.

On the good side, Seitokai Yakuindomo Season 2 which is actually year 3 of the series, is superb and just as good as before, tho the OP is not my fav...overall it has totally kept its style and quality and is one of the best of the Winter season.

There are a couple of series that need to be finished, Full Metal Panic has essential story arcs to finish and I understand from rumors around the Anime world that it is planned but i fear the strong almost rugged style of that series will be over refined if returned to. Also Kōkaku no Regiosu - Chrome Shelled Regios desperately needs finishing but i fear there are no plans for that. I can think of others. but continuations are a troublesome thing and not always as happy as they could or should be. Hagure Yuusha no Estetica is crying out for completion and it remains one of my all time fav ecchi hero series, and Mu is one of my all time fav female characters. They left the story hanging and it caused a whole bunch of spin offs of other series, none of them as good. Hataraku Maou-sama! also demands a follow up and I do hope for that. And Girls und Panzer could really use some more story too. Here's hoping for at least some of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。