Pretty Cure ?

KamenStalker

Trusted Member
May 1, 2013
Hello,

I'm not fond of magical girl anime but I'd like to know more about it. I enjoyed watching Cardcaptor Sakura during my childhood and I also liked Madoka and Powerpuff Girls Z (and Shugo Chara that I'm currently reading). Madoka seems a little different from others typical mahou shoujo anime though.

So, I also heared about Precure.

Did someone actually watch this anime here ? It doesn't seem to be popular except in Japan, is this licenced outside of Japan ? (Also tell me if I'm wrong but I have the impression that this genre of anime is actually more watched by adults than by little girls there :D ).

Madoka seems a little different from others typical mahou shoujo anime though.
Because the Madoka is a very dark magical anime, you should not from his cute surface deceive let...

And the anime is already in some country licensed, e.g.: Germany, UK, USA etc. ...:goodtea:~>

Indeed the dark atmosphere of Madoka was quite not common for a magical girl. The personality of the characters were peculiar, especially /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ which is definitively my favourite character. He is such a troll.

But oh, Madoka is not the only magical girl anime with uncommon settings and perculiar characters, Panty & Stockings too.

I didn't know that Pretty Cure was released outside of Japan. Are all the seasons available in USA ?

Precure is officially aimed at at young girls, but because of the strong shoujo-ai undertones it's also watched by guys. And that's pretty much all I know about it - it doesn't particularly interest me. :P
Anyway, just give it a spin and download the first episode. That's likely a faster and more reliable way to find out if you like it than asking for opinions here. ;)

P.s.: If you liked Madoka, you may also enjoy Nanoha.

Ahhh yes, Pretty Cure, aka Precure. Currently in it's tenth season, it's one of my favorite series. I've watched almost every episode.

The basic premise is simple. Teenage girls are given great powers, and asked to defend the world from an evil threat.

The artwork is well done, the storylines are clever, ranging from pure farce, to very deep and serious. The characters, both heroes and villains, are three dimensional, in that they have individual personalities. Also, the music is fun and original.

One thing that sets Pretty Cure apart from other series, is that each season is self contained. Each season, an new team of girls is formed under a different premise, to fight a new villain. Each season begins a new team and threat, and that threat is resolved at the end of the season.

This means you don't have to watch all ten seasons to understand what's going on. You can pick and choose the seasons you want to watch.

I recommend starting with HeartCatch Precure. Most fans agree that it may be the best in the series.

Two other seasons I suggest, are Fresh Pretty Cure, and Smile Precure. They are both great to watch.

The current season is DokiDoki Precure. After 13 episodes, so far, DokiDoki is shaping up to be outstanding!

Have fun viewing! :)

BTW, my current avatar is Cure Sunshine, from HeartCatch Precure.

Reactions: KamenStalker
Precure..... Awesome anime series... Leggy pretty much some up all of it.... I seen all of the seasons and movies plus the all-star one....I haven't gotten around for Precure:Yes! Go!Go!, Smile Precure and DokiDoki Precure.... I really like Heartcatch Precure... The art is very different from the other series...

Precure Gambare!

@corocoro & Leggy Thank you for your responses.

Precure is officially aimed at at young girls, but because of the strong shoujo-ai undertones it's also watched by guys. And that's pretty much all I know about it - it doesn't particularly interest me. :P
Anyway, just give it a spin and download the first episode. That's likely a faster and more reliable way to find out if you like it than asking for opinions here. ;)

P.s.: If you liked Madoka, you may also enjoy Nanoha.

What do you mean by Shoujo-Ai undertones ? I already downloaded the first episode, I just wanted to have more informations before beginning. :)
I watched Nanoha (1st and 2nd seasons) too by the way hehe. I just forgot to mention it because it didn't strike me a lot.

Thank you for your complete response Leggy. I'm rather astonished to find someone who knows that much about Pretty Cure so quickly. I thought begin with the first season, but I want to see directly the potential of the anime so I'll watch HeartCatch Precure. Thank you for your advice.

Reactions: Leggy
[MENTION=50896]KamenStalker[/MENTION]; You're welcome!

Each season has it's charms, and it's own individual flavor. No two are identical.

What do you mean by Shoujo-Ai undertones ?
Hmm... Well, shoujo-ai is, where two or more girls/women reciprocally very deep feeling hold, and very close are. With another words; Girl-love or simply lesbian. ...:goodtea:~>

Well i will download all of them and i will watch them and then i will tell ya my opinion here ;)

I've watched all seasons of Precure so far. Its an enjoyable series if not particularly great. I'll have to agree and watch Heartcatch first. The others are all mixed bags (but all enjoyable).

Pretty Cure is really amazing! I haven't gotten the chance to see every season, but I've seen a lot of them. Like Leggy said, a lot of fans think Heartcatch is the best series, and I have to agree. Heartcatch was the first Pretty Cure series I watched, personally, so I could definitely recommend starting with that one :3 If you pick it up, I hope you enjoy it

On a non-Precure related note, like corocoro said, if you liked Madoka you might like Nanoha. It's not quite as dark, but it definitely has similar undertones to Madoka. I'm a fan of both series.

[MENTION=50896]KamenStalker[/MENTION]; Hi! Just thought I'd check back to see how you are enjoying Pretty Cure! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks