OZC - Translations

Noctaris85

Jan 30, 2013
Hey,

i have a question about the Black Lagoon translation from the OZC Group
and sorry if i opened a thread in the wrong section.
Is this a real translation from japanese to english ?

Because i watched the OZC Black Lagoon Second Barrage Episode 3 ( Swan Song at Dawn ) and from a another Group ( i dont know the name ) the same episode and i noticed that the subs are different.

By the Unknown Group the blonde Nun says * You cold-hearted bitch*
where she shows Revy the middlefinger at 5:41

In the OZC Sub she says * How could you be so cruel ? *

In the English dub however, she says also * You cold-hearted bitch *

More or less they are the same, but this was the biggest difference.

Now i dont know which is the original sub....
For me its important to read the original.

Edit : Now i checked some streams and they all translated it with the cold-hearted.
Is there any reason to change it so hard ?
I mean if its the original, why ?
Most of the swears are gone i just noticed.....
And is there any way to use the sub from the other file for the OZC when its the original ?

Last edited:
ok!.. Since nobody has answered you, i will... These group OZC is not a fansub, is just some encode group like PerfectionHD, Blu-Bits, HDClub, AHD, etc.
Remember that if you are unsatisfied with some translation you can extract the subs, make the necessary corrections and then mux them.

It's been a long time since I watched Black Lagoon, but I would guess it is this: She probably didn't actually use what would be a swear word in Japanese. In the end it is up to the translator to take the intonation and other dialog/character into consideration for what they think the meaning should be. In lots of cases, when translating to English they add a lot of curse-words because using something else doesn't fit so well with the intonation, or doesn't properly express the politeness level the speaker is using.
Just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if all they actually said was "cold-hearted", or "you cold-hearted".

Hi and thx for the answers. :)

Ok i understand, but this Groups you listed says nothing to me, because i'm a newbie in this genre.

Yeah that was my second thought about it, but i wanted a clear answer to that. @FinalPyre

Dont get me wrong, i can live without the swearing, i want only to know if this OZC translated the original japanese script.

I hate things like that when subs are so different, as a newbie i dont know which the original script / dialogue is.

If i really want to use that what you suggested, how i do that ? Is there a tutorial for subs ?

I ask because i tried to save the sub from the *nameless* fansub group and then load it with the OZC Version.

But it was useless and of course, the sub has the same name as the Black lagoon file..... i think the file extension were .smi and not .srt like my Ikkitousen Subs, which i found in the world wide web and they work.

I use the Kmplayer for all of my movies, series and animes.

Is that all i need ? @vittusk

Sry for eventually bad english, i'm a german.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。