Oct 17, 2012
Detective Pikachu? Live action Pokemon?

Ohhhh Nooo, say it ain't so!

Why did they make this movie?

:akazukin_down:

:eek:
What did i just watch there???

A talking pikachu!

Jokes aside, i`m not sure about this about this.

SOA as live-action fits still a bit better i think.

they've run out of ideas to make money, but it's typical hollywood to try to press good things for more money. dishney and hollywood are passé.

Wait what's so bad about it? It's not even Pokemon but an alternative take on it.

Live action movies from comics and anime never work. They are always cringe worthy or horrible, most of the time they are both. Don't believe me, watch the trailer for prison school after watching the series. The only one I can think of that was not super bad was You lie in April, ok that was bad also.
Hollywood has been destroying comics and books for as long as I can remember.

Finally watched this movie on HBO.

Well... that's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back again... :fag:

Pokémon is content that can make a lot of money. However, live-action movies are not popular in most cases. Sonic live-action movie had a good first week, but we've reworked it before its release, so we don't know the final revenue yet.

Well you never know what will be popular. I have never been a fan of live action after the comic/anime. In the states they have ruined almost everything they touch comic wise. That being said sometimes, something goes against the grain and is really good. I started watching Chihayafuru and can't get enough for some reason, even searched to find the 3 movies they made about it and loved them also. Maybe it was the actress, I loved her in You Lie also. But they seemed like real stories being told and not some rip off trying to make money with bad acting and everything else.

As you say, "Chihayafuru" had a very good and realistic description. I think that's because the original content is drawn in such a way, and if such a content is made into a live-action movie, it is unlikely that there will be a divergence between making it with the audience. I also feel that the degree to which actresses and actors (or managers such as producers) understand the content that they are involved in has a significant effect. "Chihayafuru" seems to satisfy one or both of these.
On the other hand, non-realistic content, such as Pokémon, is likely to deviate from the characters held by the user when it is made into a live-action movie.

The Walking Dead is probably the western version of what you are talking about. If done right it can be awesome and disappointing at the same time. The comic was great story wise and pretty hardcore; rape, murder, betrayal and so on. Not a kids comic by any means, they went off the rails following the story as it was written when they made it into a tv series. I can't blame them though, since half of the stuff in the comic would never be allowed on western tv.
But done right it can be a huge money maker like they did, while not sucking the air out of the fans who loved the original comic in the first place. I can't compare anything anime wise, since I can speak very little Japanese and can read nothing in Japanese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks