Nihonomaru opened its beta - better then MAL

Looks interesting, but MAL already does a pretty good job. Probably not worth the bother to make the change (also re-doing my list would take ages, unless they can import from MAL :P) (-_-)

Looks interesting, but MAL already does a pretty good job. Probably not worth the bother to make the change (also re-doing my list would take ages, unless they can import from MAL :P) (-_-)

The world changes every day :p i think they have pretty neat features then MAL. MAL is getting way too old and never wants to improve its features or style. Just really seems like an old car :P

Have you checked your profile features and how advance their tools were? They are really great.

The world changes every day :p i think they have pretty neat features then MAL. MAL is getting way too old and never wants to improve its features or style. Just really seems like an old car :P

Have you checked your profile features and how advance their tools were? They are really great.

The problem with that is that I have never even touched MAL profile tools, so as you can imagine better profiles doesn't really cater to me me much. Ever look at my profile here? It is a wonder I was bothered enough to make an avvy. :P

EDIT: actually, looking between your two profiles... your MAL actually has more useful and relevant information for an anime cataloging site, and I like the way it displays it better... XD

I guess Nihono's is more black if that is your kind of thing. :P

The problem with that is that I have never even touched MAL profile tools, so as you can imagine better profiles doesn't really cater to me me much. Ever look at my profile here? It is a wonder I was bothered enough to make an avvy. :P

Lol you're funny.

Ahh, you probably missed the edit. But yeah. On closer inspection it is pretty much a very painful MAL ripoff, and unless I am missing something, they don't really have anything new, and possibly less useful information...

I guess for new users looking for a catalog site, the design might be more appealing.

Ahh, you probably missed the edit. But yeah. On closer inspection it is pretty much a very painful MAL ripoff, and unless I am missing something, they don't really have anything new, and possibly less useful information...

I guess for new users looking for a catalog site, the design might be more appealing.

I have MAL account, it is very outdated, they have no proper wall features, or gallery, or a notification system. Well true, Nihonomaru needs more work but for its first beta compare to MAL they did a great job. I remember how MAL back in 2006 use to look OMG, so ugly and plain rip off from facebook old design. Since then they haven't change much their fb design while fb changed their design few times.

I don't think nihonomaru ripped MAL at all, more like inspired and seems to be doing better. I personally love how the anime page look there.

http://www.nihonomaru.com/anime/48/basilisk:-kouga-ninpou-chou

I have MAL account, it is very outdated, they have no proper wall features, or gallery, or a notification system. Well true, Nihonomaru needs more work but for its first beta compare to MAL they did a great job. I remember how MAL back in 2006 use to look OMG, so ugly and plain rip off from facebook old design. Since then they haven't change much their fb design while fb changed their design few times.

Yeah I can see that if design is important to you than Nihono wins that one. :)

If they can build off of what MAL already has and make improvements it should win out eventually. I'd be kind of interested if MAL responds to this with a face-lift or not. I kind of like the simple, no frills design for how I use it though. It would be daunting to move over my giant list to Nihono if they don't get/have some kind of import feature. ;_;

Yeah I can see that if design is important to you than Nihono wins that one. :)

If they can build off of what MAL already has and make improvements it should win out eventually. I'd be kind of interested if MAL responds to this with a face-lift or not. I kind of like the simple, no frills design for how I use it though. It would be daunting to move over my giant list to Nihono if they don't get/have some kind of import feature. ;_;

I really don't care for the list that i have on MAL. What i care about is to try something new and fresh and built more friends in a better way and Niho has these social features that MAL doesn't. That is what i loved so far :)

Hmm I guess I more just use MAL to keep track of things. I'd be interested in adding people but I would first need people to add. :P

Wow... This seems for a attacking vs. ASF to be...:goodtea:~>

Wow... This seems for a attacking vs. ASF to be...:goodtea:~>

I don't understand what's going on. Mind giving me a run through what you meant by that? I'm pretty sure I heard of this site before since I went to many sites that contains similar traits to each other.

I don't understand what's going on. Mind giving me a run through what you meant by that? I'm pretty sure I heard of this site before since I went to many sites that contains similar traits to each other.

I think he means it looks like an ASF competitor, which I don't think is actually the case. It is much more of MAL competitor, but I think that it also offers lots of the same services as ASF.

Yeah I've seen it around a few times before myself.

I've so meant, because it is vs. the rule here, that a another forums shown will - now understood...?:goodtea:~>

I've so meant, because it is vs. the rule here, that a another forums shown will - now understood...?:goodtea:~>

Ah okay, I think I got the basic idea what you are mention in terms of what we can discuss about the two forums and what is better and not. Still I'm pretty sure I remember that forum somewhere being similar and what not.

Some of ASF staff like Tessu was a moderator at Nihonomaru before he went inactive, i think. That is how i find out about ASF. The environment here and on nihonomaru are friendly relaxed <3 But this is more of a MAL competitors.

I think MAL if they want to sustain their reputation, they need to start working on their site more, renovating their interface to the modern like of today's design and may be add new features. I see nihonomaru in the long run will be doing what MAL neglected for the past few years. MAL hasn't even fixed their cookie login :< which has been there for a year so far, a bug.

You know... you could delete the cookie individually if you're computer savvy and know what you're doing. But honestly, people who design sites should really respond to bugs when they can. Since it affects people experiences in the site all the time.

Has Nihonomaru removed their "Members only links"???

I will not use the site until they remove them. :enraged:

[MENTION=35306]Tokina[/MENTION]: It's basically a BB Code to cover up hyperlinks or attachments of the site/forum that host it. That way you must be registered to view them and it also prevent the links being reported to allow the files to be preserved longer. Sometimes it goes a step further where you must thank the poster to view these hyperlink/attachment to gain access to it. Effectively it's kinda anti-leech in a sense.

Think of it working like a spoiler that only lets members see what in it.

I know a site where it does all that and also requires you to participate in order to continuously gain access to files or links that you want. Pretty effective against certain snoopers who wants to shut down sites and also if you join them as a member, you have to agree to the ToS where if you're <xyz> you can not agree to this otherwise you are breaching <abc>.

[MENTION=35306]Tokina[/MENTION]: It's basically a BB Code to cover up hyperlinks or attachments of the site/forum that host it. That way you must be registered to view them and it also prevent the links being reported to allow the files to be preserved longer. Sometimes it goes a step further where you must thank the poster to view these hyperlink/attachment to gain access to it. Effectively it's kinda anti-leech in a sense.

Think of it working like a spoiler that only lets members see what in it.

I know a site where it does all that and also requires you to participate in order to continuously gain access to files or links that you want. Pretty effective against certain snoopers who wants to shut down sites and also if you join them as a member, you have to agree to the ToS where if you're <xyz> you can not agree to this otherwise you are breaching <abc>.

Oh, i know that feature! I like it, they keep links live longer :-] especially for manga

Oh, i know that feature! I like it, they keep links live longer :-] especially for manga

Yeah for most people who participate, it wouldn't affect them as much. I do for other places where I converse with other members about other things that is being shared, suck as knowledge or even builds you can do for particular machines. But it does in the end keep it up longer as long the members don't betray the intention of sharing between other members.

I love MAL exactly because it never changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。