Nekomonogatari (Black)

Eternalflamz

King cat
Elite Member
Oct 6, 2011
All four episodes have aired already, but only two has been subbed as of 2/01/2013 (Australian Time)

I didn't see any other threads of it so I made one, what do you think of Nekomonogatari?
Personally, I'm a huge fan of the Monogatari series, and am very happy to watch it, it's funny, sexy, gonna have some sweet action too, my only quarrel is that it'll be 4 episodes long.

The movie wasn't a bad at all although it had roughly around 6 characters talking. I was sad though since Tsuki was doing most of the talking although Karen provided most of the fan service xD. We see a side of Shinbou we didn't see in either of the monogatari anime series so that was pretty worth it. And yay Memes back! Such a badass character. Like usual it provided a lot of fanservice as well as a lot of dialogue. Anyone whose planning on watching the series in order will need to wait for Kizumonogatari to air its still in production.

The novel of Kizumonogatari was amazing, I can't wait.
Because I don't know Japanese I've got to rely on subs for Nekomonogatari, so It's only 3/4 parts done.
And of course Shinobus first words since Kizu would be about donuts xD.

The end of Nekomonogatari(black) doesn’t explain why Araragi is not willing to be Hanekawa’s lover clearly, so sad.

Anyone whose planning on watching the series in order will need to wait for Kizumonogatari to air its still in production.

Timeline order or release order?
There's Mayoi Zombie? Where Koyomi manage to return to the past, saved Mayoi...and returned to find Shinobu have gone berserk after Koyomi died during the Black Hanekawa return (in Tsubasa Cat) (since he wasn't told about Shinobu going out alone by her, he didn't call for help and died)
So then he, and the now grown up Mayoi, have to set things back to normal, including having to let Mayoi die.

The end of Nekomonogatari(black) doesn’t explain why Araragi is not willing to be Hanekawa’s lover clearly, so sad.

He realizes that his feeling for Hanekawa was not love. If anything he consider her as his life savior, and his choice of willing to die for her stem from that one rather than 'love' (the "My life is yours, use it as you will" moment)
On the other hand, Hanekawa herself seem to also have no 'feeling' as well.
Like how the cat mentioned (or she herself say it) that when she buried the cat, there was no sympathy, or any kind of feeling attached to it at all. She only did it because she think it is the 'right' thing to do.

So by that, even if she were to go out with Koyomi 'because he saved her' or 'because he confess' or whatever the situation led to it, she herself will not have the feeling of love. She will look happy/act like so because she thinks it's the 'right' thing to do.

Although when she said "so you won't become my hero", it might be that she herself know full well about her lack of such emotions, and wish that Koyomi will be someone who can make her feel it.

Anyway, if anything Nekomonogatari just made me change the order of my favorites 'Kai' in the series
#1 Shinobu Q'w 'Q
#2 Black Hanekawa
#3 Tsukihi (that "I just wanna try being yandere" joke in ep 1, as if to mock all these yandere-sister doujins everywhere)

Still like Rainy Devil's battle music the most though ' 3'

Last edited:
Time line order. They tend to do that a lot with novels. Mayoi Zombie isn't considered canon though since it happens in a different timeline. You'll need to wait awhile... if you ever want to see that animated. Koyomi and Shinbou have a twisted sense of love... Hah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。