Need help re-finding an anime

Aven

Dream Walker
Dec 10, 2013
I need help, it's bugging me. I watched an anime 3 or so months ago and I want to find it again, but I completely forgot what it was called. I remember the story, but I don't remember any of the character names. This makes it pretty difficult to do a normal search for it. I'll give a very brief summary of what happens, hopefully that's enough to get an answer.

Basically, there was a group of 6 friends (3 boys, 3 girls) in their childhood. One day during the summer, one of the girls died when she fell down a slope and into a river.

The story takes place several years later, when the other 5 are in their teens and have all split up for the most part; in fact most of them are no longer friends at all. It's summer again, and the "main" character is suddenly able to see the girl who'd died. At first he ignores her because he thinks she's not real, but slowly he begins treating her like she's not just his imagination. Fast forward several days and he's basically let on that he can "see" her to all of the former members of the group. The reactions vary from "that's amazing!" to "shut up" (paraphrased).

The girl (who is a bit ditzy) finally realizes that she can help tremendously by proving that she is in fact there.Eventually, they do all get together and try to figure out what's going on, and end up trying to grant some ambiguous wish of the girl's so that her spirit can rest in peace. This plan ultimately fails, because it's revealed that none of them were honestly doing it for her, but for themselves.

Somehow or another (this part I don't quite remember), the girl finally begins to disappear. Before she does, though, she becomes visible to all 5 of the friends. Then there's a timeskip (it's not too long I don't think, 1-3 years?) and the friends are still together and their lives are generally happier than they were before the incident.

Please tell me this sounds familiar to someone, it's killing me.

Afterthought - I "think" that the girl who died's name MAY have been Pi.

Could it be AnoHana?
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai

Not too sure since I haven't actually watched the anime but your description reminds me of the anime.

Reactions: Aven
Oh. My. God.

That was it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU HAVE SAVED ME FROM INSANITY YOU ARE MY HERO

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

dragonhearts wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Thank you for uploading the previous request. I am collecting the works of サークル 4's Circle. This and This All links are dead. If you have any data, can I ask you to re-upload it?
a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.