shitotaku

Sora's True Love
Elite Member
Nov 26, 2010
Like what the title says, What is your usual checklist in watching an anime? like if its supposed to have mecha, or romance, or ecchiness?

My Checklist goes as:
1. Strong Characterization
2. a bit of ecchi
3. unique sense of story.

guess that's the top reasons to make me watch the anime,

Here is mine: (in order of importance)

1. Good drawing
2. Decent studio / production company
3. Little to no ecchi
4. Interesting story

3. Little to no ecchi
^ lol

In order:
1. Artwork: can't help, looks catch the eyes, good artwork will draw me in but whether I'll continue or not is another story.
2. Story serving: even though not very unique, if served well enough (read: to my liking), I may get hooked easily.
3. Character development: I could bother watching/playing or ditching something just for one character.
4. No excessive fanservice.

1. no filler (filler does spoil the viewers time)
2. good story/plot - not the usual thing you see in anime.
3. nicely drawn characters - attractive art means good production and quality release. with less remake in bluray
4. no censorship - if it's made ecchi pantie shots show it!
5. subs - wish official anime's were with subs, quality subbing makes me watch it also.

1. character design and artwork - rather obvious. characters must be visually attractive and have consistent design.
2. seiyuu cast - a strong cast will draw me in very quickly, even if character design aint so good.
3. plot - plot must make sense and be fresh.
4. studio - consistent quality and animation. good publicity of show.
5. ecchi - not needed at times, but a little will be nice

In order:

1. Plot and story
2. Plot and story Voice actor
3. Characters
4. Visuals
5. Music

1 For me there has to be a good story or I stop. I dislike unoriginality. As in "we met on the school roof and..."
2 The art should be good, however bad or old art won't stop me if the story is good.
3 Ecchi is fine but not required. That's what hentai is for.

2 The art should be good, however bad or old art won't stop me if the story is good.

I agree, "Art" takes many forms. but story has more impact that makes me sit down and continue watching.

hmm a lot really depends!
but some times, you know you just have to watch that show.

1. Artwork: Must have a lot of cute girls - most anime fail right at the start
2. Plot: Must involved in a love love situation, too much comedy fail for me. (School Rumble) It must be logical.
3. Voice performance and Music: must suit the atmostphere

Bonus: ecchi, juice, eroge-based, secks included. Are huge bonus added
More bonus if: excellent artwork, excellent love love situation.

1. Plot . I have literally seen a hell of a lot of anime with poor plot decisions and very bad story choices. Completely decimates a series and makes the viewer never trust that studio again.
2. Music / Score . This is just essential to any anime period. Great music sets the tone for what is to come. [Such examples are Elfen Lied, Chrno Crusade, Hellsing.]
3. Character Development . If you cannot associate with the characters, what is the point of continuing to watch the anime? Great character development leads to HUGE fan followings. [Case in point, Great Teacher Onizuka, Full Metal Alchemist, Get Backers.]
4. Artwork . The art does not have to be utterly spectacular, but some attention to detail, some incorporation of 3D elements or even painted elements, traditional hand drawn is always a major plus and a major draw for me. [Prime examples, Hellsing vs Hellsing OVA vs Hellsing OVA Blu Ray. Look up the different pictures available for each of these online, and you will see exactly the type of progression and artistic addition I truly love.]

The art style is important. However I don't fret over the various styles that are out there even if they are not so eye pleasing.

For me I would have to say that the story has to be interesting. I mean when I got to anidb I want to read that little section that details the anime a bit and be genuinely intrigued by it. I don't care much about the Studios. I don't really enjoy one over another.

1. Story
2. Character(s)' development
3. Artwork
4. Song & Music (this is one main reason I still managed to watched Gundam Seed the whole 2 seasons, even thou I don't like the story much.)

1. Artwork - bad artwork just makes me stop watching straight away
2. Characters
3. Storyline
4. Proper and true romance is preferred :)

Fan service wouldn't bother me that much, but excessive use of it does annoyed me( like Tenjou Tenge, Strike Witches & High School of the Dead).
It as if they got no other method/idea of getting viewers to watch the anime beside showing boobs and panties shoots all the time.

in order of importance:
1) is it 1080p? if its below 720p then its not worth my time (with a few exceptions)
2) is the art style / animation appealing?
3) are there repeating scenes (using the same animation over and over again until its boring)

if it passes all 3 then it is bound to be enjoyable! :)

1. Interesting plot, i don't expect originality but at least something that won't bore me.
2. No QUALITY(if you know what i mean you are rotten too.)
4. Comedy if it's not a Key work.
5. Good seiyuus and soundtrack.

1/ Interesting plot (I always prefer serious anime, especially of Dark, Angst, Tragedy, Action, Mystery or Adventure/Fantasy genre). Originality is always a nice bonus

2/ Characters (hate wimpy main character and annoying female chars. Well if the anime has good character development later on is a different story)

3/ Art and Music ( I don't usually trust on art to pick anime, but music is an important factor. most of good anime also have good soundtrack as well)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

sswwwwss wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi, would you reupload the dead links for 幻想生物図鑑 series, especially with their html? I can't find them anywhere.
Also, do you happen to have older works from this series? Those works that don't even appear on offical site anymore.
Many thanks.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Btw, considering you have this, does that mean you have access to this one too? Just asking.

『角折魔王エリスの再生譚』体験版
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/201010-なぎり屋-叔母を貪る夜-ver23-03-27-rj302585.1298225/

Can you please Reup this?
Thanks as always for the good work.
Enemond17 wrote on Shine's profile.
神具姫ヒーローアンチド could you please reupload this? thanks